Personal Milestone

It may not seem like much to most here, in the forums, but I just broke the top 1000 manager rankings with my win over former Skinny Vince fighter, Jonathan Wonnut. Next stop... top 500? I hope.

At any rate I was happy to discover that I had broken the top 1000. I wish Vince had not sacked the fighter. I would have been really proud of my accomplishment for having beaten him, but none-the-less I think this was a quality win for me.

Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.

Decent slider skills help too.

Banky, resident fortune cookie.

No, but seriously, congrats dude. Expect to see you further up there sometime in the future, probably sooner than later.

As for your next milestone, it can happen for you, if you keep fighting a lot and get familiar with your fighters, you will easily be in the top 500 in no time.

I was very close to making the top 10 managers last week. I was ranked 11th through some fluke of lucky wins against tough opponents and some favorable matchups for my fighters for the whole month of april. I think i was 18-1 for april. Anyway, my next fight didn't go in my favor and I am sure I'll never be that close to getting into the top 10 again, but i'll be damned if that wasn't exciting! Looking at some of the other top 100 managers I have no idea what I am doing in the top 100.

congrats! if you could keep that momentum going and learn more slider skills along the way im pretty sure you'll be up there at top 500 in no time!

When I first started I went like two straight wins in the QFC and then two or three more in an org. I thought, "Man, I rule" Then reality started to kick in in direct proportion to the amount of ass kickings I started receiving. It is definitely true that you learn more from getting your ass kicked then when you win. I am on a roll at present but I'm sure there are more ass-kickings coming my way soon... Hopefully I will learn what went wrong and improve as a result.

Congrats man! Now that your fighters are starting to pick up some good hype behind them I have a feeling you'll be breaking in the top500 very soon. =) That kinda happened to me (see my blog entries if you care heh). One day I was stoked to be in the top1000 just like you but then I picked a few good wins and a lot of hype and quickly I was already in the top500. So I was even more stoked ofcourse! =)

Congrats man! Now that your fighters are starting to pick up some good hype behind them I have a feeling you'll be breaking in the top500 very soon. =) That kinda happened to me (see my blog entries if you care heh). One day I was stoked to be in the top1000 just like but you then I picked a few good wins and a lot of hype and quickly I was already in the top500. So I was even more stoked ofcourse! =)

And here comes the question that will make me sound like a noob

Where is the blog at?

Slider skill has almost nothing with it actually, just look at me, Im at about top 30-50 most times(although one tough loss brings me down to 100) and I absolutely crap at sliderskills, jebus man I couldnt suck more.

I personally have Q150 slider skillz. Everytime I lose (and I lose quite a lot) I blame it on the hiddens, and the ID gap, and ofcourse the broken game engine. Sometimes I even message Mike something like "OMG man why did you nerf my guys chin maaan whyyy?". =)

I personally have Q150 slider skillz. Everytime I lose (and I lose quite a lot) I blame it on the hiddens, and the ID gap, and ofcourse the broken game engine. Sometimes I even message Mike something like "OMG man why did you nerf my guys chin maaan whyyy?". =)

Yep, thats how it works. I don't really look at my opponents previous fights anylonger or anything, just look at the scout page, then go with gutfeeling. Winning more then loosing.