Cut stoppages

PSUMike

Are cut stoppages too frequent?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Are cut stoppages too frequent?

Simply put, they happen far more in the game than they do in real MMA. Mike is all about realism (which I love) so I think they really need to be toned down. Just as an example take a look at my fighter Hugh G Rection. He has 12 career losses. 2 by decision, 1 by legitimate TKO, and 9 TKO stoppages on cuts. This is in no way realistic. I took it right to Mike in an email for him to look at it but I want to see if my opinion is shared by the masses.

• Upvote 1

yeah agree with you man

Sucks for you too because Hugh is an sbsolute beast if not for that. This is also an extreme case your guy is the definition of paper skin so I dont think the entire system should be judged off of just this guy. But I do think the overall TKO by CUt should be reviewed and maybe toned down a little

It has it's place in the game but yeh I wouldn't argue it it was toned down. I don't remember ever losing by cuts, probably have, but I don't take a great lot of pleasure winning by cuts either.

In real life a lot of cut stoppages come straight away due to the location of the cut such as right above the eye.

It's not as common to see a cut opened up so bad that it then has to be stopped which seems to be how it works in the game.

It has to get really bad if it's not in a dangerous place before they usually even consider stopping it.

i could see it though -- certain fighters cut big time and often every fight in real life -- now also on the flip side most of the fighters that cut bad stop after a couple bad fights -- or now days get plastic surgery (which is something im still waiting for and hoping) -- like i say though most fighters in that scene as your guy wouldnt keep fighting -- actually they probably couldnt fight anymore due to scar tissue and so on -- i have a bleeder with manson myself

i could see it though -- certain fighters cut big time -- now also on the flip side most of the fighters that cut bad stop after a couple bad fights -- or now days get plastic surgery (which is something im still waiting for and hoping) -- like i say though most fighters in that scene as your guy wouldnt keep fighting -- actually they probably couldnt fight anymore due to scar tissue and so on -- i have a bleeder with manson myself

That's a good point.

yeah agree with you man

Sucks for you too because Hugh is an sbsolute beast if not for that. This is also an extreme case your guy is the definition of paper skin so I dont think the entire system should be judged off of just this guy. But I do think the overall TKO by CUt should be reviewed and maybe toned down a little

Oh he's certainly an outlier in the statistical sample, I won't argue that. Honestly, he probably has a 1 hidden cut skill. But look over some game fight cards and compare them to real MMA. Ziromskis/Spiritwolf aside, when was the last real MMA cut stoppage that you can think of? I watch a lot of MMA and I can't even remember one in a long time.

The only advantage of training Muay Thai clinchwork knees and elbows is here. Dirty Boxing shouldn't be near as effective as it is when facing someone with good knees and elbows.

You remove this aspect, and the game becomes even more lopsided toward the mandatory elite boxer with elite punches like we almost already have.

---

Granite Chin, KO Power, Big Heart aren't the only hiddens you know?

You hate cuts so much try Never Cuts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I like the realism in this game but I do think cut stoppages are happening to frequent. I think that was one way Mike was going towards with doctors. Is that still in the works?

I like the realism in this game but I do think cut stoppages are happening to frequent. I think that was one way Mike was going towards with doctors. Is that still in the works?

they are still in the works -- one thing though you have to look at -- not every fighter created here makes it -- either by being really slow learner or dumb no confidence or whatever they end up getting cut lose by the manager and retired -- this is just one of those things thats par for the course -- if you cant stand that they might lose to cuts then cut them -- i have couple bleeders now and have cut some bleeders before -- i think its fine it makes that hidden valuable as to if you tone it done or stop it some then that hidden is worthless -- as i mentioned in the thread after so many times a fighter would quit fighting after so much -- plus there are fighters who cut and bleed every fight -- you also have to look as mma whole not just ufc / strikeforce -- they are actually less than 5% of mma shows really

• Upvote 1

as i mentioned in the thread after so many times a fighter would quit fighting after so much -- plus there are fighters who cut and bleed every fight -- you also have to look as mma whole not just ufc / strikeforce -- they are actually less than 5% of mma shows really

I agree with this. IF fighters get cut less in UFC than they do in MMATycoon (and I'm not saying they do or they don't, I really don't know), perhaps the reason is that the cutters have been weeded out before they even got to UFC.

Really we should be lessening the importance of *all* hiddens somewhat.

unfortunately, until some resolution is made among the top skill level fighters (remove the cap, and speed up high end tickers please!), hiddens are about the only thing that give top fighters any identity.

Not something to fuss about. If ANY of your hiddens is below 50 points, he'll have hard time competing at higher levels. Intelligence, chin, confidence, heart, cuts. And it's reason to cut fighter. Now, what's probability of 1 in 7 rolls not to be below 50?

Irony is, with ticker system, average learner is a blessing. He will be slow bloomer but at least he'll manage those skills.

I have one of my own as cut machine (Myton), but he gets KTFO lately with granite chin prior to that so it's not biggie :) Bad thing is when you roll shitty heart(with checked box) ontop of shitty cut hidden. Now that's a killer.

unfortunately, until some resolution is made among the top skill level fighters (remove the cap, and speed up high end tickers please!), hiddens are about the only thing that give top fighters any identity.

Identity? Since when is having 100+ in every hidden being a mandatory requirement for a top fighter something that gives them an identity?

Not something to fuss about. If ANY of your hiddens is below 50 points, he'll have hard time competing at higher levels. Intelligence, chin, confidence, heart, cuts. And it's reason to cut fighter. Now, what's probability of 1 in 7 rolls not to be below 50?

About 6 %. So according to:

each hidden, if bad enough, should be reason to release a fighter. a fighter like this is just like a fighter with zero chin. or zero intelligence. etc.

some guys just aren't cut out (pun intended) to be fighters.

94 % of created fighters are supposed to be released because they just arent cut out to be fighters. Totally doenst seem like a design flaw...

I agree with Lance, that any change to the impact of the cuts hidden could only be handled very carefully and should also result in similar adjustments being made to all of the other hiddens.

Whilst the level of cut stoppages may or may not be realistic (I don't know, and it doesn't seem like any genuine evidence has been presented here), the potential impact on a fighter's effectiveness for having a cut resistance hidden of, say 50/100/150 should be the same as it would be if their chin hidden was 50/100/150. This is what is intended to provide the game with balance.

If it was really felt that there were too many stoppages due to cuts, perhaps a change could be made solely to the impact of cuts, but I think it would surely need to be a trade-off - e.g. a reduced likelihood of a fight being stopped due to cuts, but the adverse impact on the fighter's ability to work to their capacity should be increased (thus still increasing the likelihood that the cut fighter would lose).