14 dead, 50 wounded at midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises

Paradigm

pretty tragic...even children were shot. i still dont believe in taking guns away...criminals will still find a way to get their hands on them. was brought up shooting guns...both of my parents served in the military and i always loved shooting as a child. there are WAY too many guns out there now to try to take them all back and just look at how the war on drugs is going. regardless...you have to take the good with the bad when it comes to the United States and this is part of the bad.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html

Poor Colorado :( It's people are getting a bad name.

I have to admit after seeing the dark knight that i wanted to blow up a few cruise liners aka joker style, but this is some weak repugnant shit.

In Australia the government treats every single one of us like a criminal when it comes to guns, Due to the fucking Port Arthur massacre that happened in my backwards ass state of tasmania.

Americans should still feel lucky your government doesn't want to nerf you all because of a few fuckfaces doing shit like this. I'm sure the democrats will try though.

it's sad that the world has come to a time and place where families can't watch a movie without some peanutnutter revolutionary popping off from the hip.

Australia hates guns so much we just punished 2 of our male Olympic athletes for taking pictures of themselves holding assault rifles at a gun range.

Female Olympic swimmers actually fired multiple small arms at the range, but the men were the only ones chastised for POSING with guns legally in a country that allows them.

• Upvote 1

This is some crazy shit. They're calling it 'The Dark Knight Massacre'.

The gunman told police he's the Joker and had his hair died red. Apparently his house was booby-trapped also.

What a nut job. I mean really...........he thinks he the Joker so he shoots up a Batman movie???? I am just sad for all of the families of the victims.

It really piss's me off hearing comments on radio about gun control. One ass clown was even going off about the size of the clips in the gum. "If the gun only held 6 bullets he would have been tackled when reloading". The guys was reloading like crazy and there was clips all over the ground. Not a single person tackled him. People need to realize there is 7 billion people in this world. Even if cray people were 1 in a billion there are still 7 of them who are walking the earth at any one time who are capable of anything. You cant prevent this. Punishing everyone else to follow gun laws that have almost no effect. This guy has been planning this stuff for months. He couldnt have got his hands on illegal guns if needed? Lee Murray didnt have a problem doing it.

I think the real problem is there is not enough people with guns. You cant prevent a guy from going crazy and killing people. Want you can prevent is how long his rampage lasts before it is stopped. Now i dont believe the entire public should run around with guns like the wild west. But in cases where there is lots of people the employees in those areas should be required or at least encourages to take a tranning course to carry and consealed weapon and carry it at work. I believe School teachers should be allowed to be arm. Employees at Movies theaters would go a long way to help these situations too. In places were there is lrge amount of defenseless people there has to be some line of defense against the rampages. This guy was walking around shooting for over 10 minutes. He even walked out on his own two feet and got in his car. He faced no resistance. It would be nice to have someone possibility of someone gunning this fucker down in that first minute. Maybe a couple people still get killed. But not 14 with over 70 injured.

• Downvote 2

It really piss's me off hearing comments on radio about gun control. One ass clown was even going off about the size of the clips in the gum. "If the gun only held 6 bullets he would have been tackled when reloading". The guys was reloading like crazy and there was clips all over the ground. Not a single person tackled him. People need to realize there is 7 billion people in this world. Even if cray people were 1 in a billion there are still 7 of them who are walking the earth at any one time who are capable of anything. You cant prevent this. Punishing everyone else to follow gun laws that have almost no effect. This guy has been planning this stuff for months. He couldnt have got his hands on illegal guns if needed? Lee Murray didnt have a problem doing it.

I think the real problem is there is not enough people with guns. You cant prevent a guy from going crazy and killing people. Want you can prevent is how long his rampage lasts before it is stopped. Now i dont believe the entire public should run around with guns like the wild west. But in cases where there is lots of people the employees in those areas should be required or at least encourages to take a tranning course to carry and consealed weapon and carry it at work. I believe School teachers should be allowed to be arm. Employees at Movies theaters would go a long way to help these situations too. In places were there is lrge amount of defenseless people there has to be some line of defense against the rampages. This guy was walking around shooting for over 10 minutes. He even walked out on his own two feet and got in his car. He faced no resistance. It would be nice to have someone possibility of someone gunning this fucker down in that first minute. Maybe a couple people still get killed. But not 14 with over 70 injured.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say the new batman movie killed in the ratings.

• Downvote 3

It was over 50 wounded because of the gas grenade he threw that caused alergic reaction he didnt shoot 50 people. Still sad but personly I dont believe making guns easier to get makes it better that just means its easier. And when the news I saw said he walked out and the police were there and he just stuck his hands up and surrendered... Main point more people with guns just mean more bullets flying in a crowded room...

The guy was resported to be in his car from what i hear. They also said most of the injured were indeed shot. Few were hurt in the chaos but about 50 were actually shot.

I didnt say make them easier to get. But to encourage employees at some location with large crouds of people to be licensed to be armed and allow them to be armed on the job. Trained people with guns isnt putting more bullets in the croud. It makes it possible to end a situation if the opportunity arises. There is no reason for teachers to be caught in a rampage and be powerless to save themselves and the students.

There is no perfect solution. But there is ways to be prepared with minimal interfearence on peoples lives. People need to get over their fear of guns. I used to hate guns and never touched one. But in my mid 20's i learn to respect them and got comfortable around them. There are people who would be scared knowing the employees at a movie theatre had a gun. But that same person if they had ill intentions could bring that gun to work and not a soul would know about it. Thats a false sense of security and lack of education of guns.

Bad people will do bad things. We need to put the good people in a position to stop the bad people. Until them the bad guys will just keep shooting us like fish in a barrel. Whats next? You think a few dozen security guards are enough at a NASCAR race with over 200,000 fans? Football, basketball, Soccer? It is to easy for the nutjobs to kill way to many people. By the logic of more people with guns the more people shooting into crouds. So would that mean we need less cops too? God forbid those cops take 20 minutes to respond with their guns rather than the 7 minutes.

• Downvote 1

Everyone has a right to their opinions and you do have some good points. But I just dont beleive having more people allowed to carry is a good idea. Watch the movie/documentary Bowling for Columbine and see what you think it gives some pretty amazing facts about this topic. But beside the fact my prayers go out to the familys and the people who have been hurt by the shooting.

I think the real problem is there is not enough people with guns.

You're a nut, but it's not like that's something new. What where children doing in the Dark Night Rises theatre?

• Upvote 2

I cant watch anything made by Michael Moore. Sorry.

People can already carry guns. Anyone with a clean criminal record and buy a gun and get a conseal and carry permit for $50. I understand you will likely never like an idea that allows anyone to have a gun. Just as i will never like an idea that leaves innocent people in danger. But i feelthere is a compromise to be reach. There is a way to get trained responsible people in the right position to save innocent lives. I own and work at a business that carries lots of cash. I have a Glock 9mm under the counter. My family work in the business. A couple year ao we didnt have a gum and now we do. There is no way anyone can tell me we are not safer with that option. I will not leave the lives of my family in the hands of a robber and hope he decides just to take the money. They dont have to use the gun but that option is there if they need it. We have had close calls and it sucks to know you are defenseless i those situations. I hope you never experience it.

Im not sure what stats you are refering to. But i assume its gun control. But keep in mind for action there is a equal reaction. UK has a gun ban. It has lowered the number of gun related homicides. But the rate of homicides has went up in the country and are now at the highest rates ever in the years after the gun ban than at nypoint in the 100 years of statistics before the gun ban. Stabbings in the UK are off the charts.

Problem is people want to look at meaningless stats. Like Comparing UK to US. That doesnt work because the UK before the gun ban was way lower than the US and the gun ban only raise their numbers. But sicne it is still lower people assume it helped.

How has that UK gun ban been working?

•In the four years from 1997 to 2001, the rate of violent crime more than doubled.

•Your chances of being mugged in London are now six times greater than in New York.

•England's rates of assault, robbery, and burglary are far higher than America's.

•53 percent of English burglaries occur while occupants are at home, compared with 13 percent in the U.S., where burglars admit to fearing armed homeowners more than the police.

In the last 15 years the US has went from around 10 homicides per 100K people to around 5. That is what we need to keep improving. Not changing how people kill each other.

You're a nut, but it's not like that's something new. What where children doing in the Dark Night Rises theatre?

Says the douche bag who would be hiding in the floor hoping someone with a fire arms arrives. Oh the irony. As for your question....

Rated R – Restricted – Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent Or Adult Guardian

Australia hates guns so much we just punished 2 of our male Olympic athletes for taking pictures of themselves holding assault rifles at a gun range.

Female Olympic swimmers actually fired multiple small arms at the range, but the men were the only ones chastised for POSING with guns legally in a country that allows them.

I believe this is the Australian way of implementing a 'douchebag' tax.

• Upvote 1

Says the douche bag who would be hiding in the floor hoping someone with a fire arms arrives. Oh the irony. As for your question....

The problem was that the psychopath had a gun dumbass, not that everybody else didn't. What you're saying is as dumb as saying that the world would be a safer place if every country had nuclear weapons. You shouldn't have a gun unless it's for sports or for hunting. Your country isn't safer because more people have guns. The guns people buy for protection more often end up hurting the family (or a family) than it ends up protecting them.

• Upvote 1

The problem was that the psychopath had a gun dumbass, not that everybody else didn't. What you're saying is as dumb as saying that the world would be a safer place if every country had nuclear weapons. You shouldn't have a gun unless it's for sports or for hunting. Your country isn't safer because more people have guns. The guns people buy for protection more often end up hurting the family (or a family) than it ends up protecting them.

I think what he is saying is that the crazy basturd was there to kill people, a gun was just the tool he used. He could have used a box cutter, like on 9-11, or a sword, or bomb whatever. He is just saying people should have the tools to defend themselves. Everything can be used for good or evil, it is humans that make it the way it is.

I think what he is saying is that the crazy basturd was there to kill people, a gun was just the tool he used. He could have used a box cutter, like on 9-11, or a sword, or bomb whatever. He is just saying people should have the tools to defend themselves. Everything can be used for good or evil, it is humans that make it the way it is.

Yes, but dare I say that it's a shitload harder to kill someone with a melee weapon than an automatic rifle.

Criminals will always have guns

This is such a stupid blanket statement.

Most criminals here in Australia do not have access to guns (and fewer still have access to the kind of weapons you'd need to do this sort of thing), with the few that do you're getting into pretty serious 'family business' type territory.

Please, let's see anybody massacre 14 people with a box cutter.

• Upvote 1

There need to be tighter gun control laws but but as long as those redneck lobbyists still line the pockets of politicians, nothing will change. An outright ban wouldn't work, and I don't support that. But they need to be harder to get. I can drive two miles to a gun show and buy a small arsenal without anyone even giving me a strange look. That shouldn't happen. The purpose of a gun is to kill, not defend yourself with. Fuck the second amendment. Do away with it. It's not like they haven't repealed amendments before(prohibition).

Senseless tragedy. What a dick.

The guy was resported to be in his car from what i hear. They also said most of the injured were indeed shot. Few were hurt in the chaos but about 50 were actually shot.

I didnt say make them easier to get. But to encourage employees at some location with large crouds of people to be licensed to be armed and allow them to be armed on the job. Trained people with guns isnt putting more bullets in the croud. It makes it possible to end a situation if the opportunity arises. There is no reason for teachers to be caught in a rampage and be powerless to save themselves and the students.

There is no perfect solution. But there is ways to be prepared with minimal interfearence on peoples lives. People need to get over their fear of guns. I used to hate guns and never touched one. But in my mid 20's i learn to respect them and got comfortable around them. There are people who would be scared knowing the employees at a movie theatre had a gun. But that same person if they had ill intentions could bring that gun to work and not a soul would know about it. Thats a false sense of security and lack of education of guns.

Bad people will do bad things. We need to put the good people in a position to stop the bad people. Until them the bad guys will just keep shooting us like fish in a barrel. Whats next? You think a few dozen security guards are enough at a NASCAR race with over 200,000 fans? Football, basketball, Soccer? It is to easy for the nutjobs to kill way to many people. By the logic of more people with guns the more people shooting into crouds. So would that mean we need less cops too? God forbid those cops take 20 minutes to respond with their guns rather than the 7 minutes.

Go get a concealed permit. Keep your firearm on you at all times. If some guy opened up at a movie theatre I was in, if he didn't shoot me first, he'd get shot. Of course if the guy is wearing tactical armor, throwing gas grenades and shit, it's gonna make things a bit more difficult. Too many people in the world. Should of started population control a long time ago, as fucked up as it is. There's no need to have 10 children unless you're Einstein or Bill Gates.

• Downvote 1

Go get a concealed permit. Keep your firearm on you at all times. If some guy opened up at a movie theatre I was in, if he didn't shoot me first, he'd get shot. Of course if the guy is wearing tactical armor, throwing gas grenades and shit, it's gonna make things a bit more difficult. Too many people in the world. Should of started population control a long time ago, as fucked up as it is. There's no need to have 10 children unless you're Einstein or Bill Gates.

Unfortunately for people like you and I who like to smoke a little greenery, carrying a weapon and a small amount of drugs can get you in a heap of trouble. Apparently that is why pitbulls are so popular.