14 dead, 50 wounded at midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises

Paradigm

Why is it that everyone acts like isreal is so dangerous and need krav mega to walk down the street? Could it be the side effects of no guns like we see in UK compared to US? Criminals with no fear attacking you and breaking into homes at a extremely high rate?

Why is it that everyone acts like isreal is so dangerous and need krav mega to walk down the street? Could it be the side effects of no guns like we see in UK compared to US? Criminals with no fear attacking you and breaking into homes at a extremely high rate?

In terms of personal security israel is one of the safest places on the planet. unless its in really really bad neighborhoods the chances of you getting robbed or stabed or whatever are non existent. also even in the bad places you are much safer then most places in the states.

the security situation (arab bombers and such) got nothing to do with personal security.

I did not know that about Isreal. But I am kind of surprised, all the things the Jewish people have been through, throughout history. I am surprised they dont make gun ownership manditory. For the record not everyone can enter a Walmart and buy a gun. They still do FBI background checks anywere you buy a gun, including gun shows.

think about it this way.

1.with a gun: i get into an argument with someone, things get heated fists start flying and the next thing i pull a gun on someone

2.without a gun: i get into an argument with someone, fists start flying, someone gets a black eye, and a broken bone.

which one is worse?

israel got enough security forces both law enforcement and privete, that there is no need for privete citizens to carry guns to stop terrorists, so what will be the point of that?

if someone comes to rob me(and again its so unlikely it will happen here) what will be better? i have a gun, he has a gun, someone will get shot. or no one has gun, worst case its a knife, i give him the 100$ i have in my wallet and all leave in peace?

think about it this way.

1.with a gun: i get into an argument with someone, things get heated fists start flying and the next thing i pull a gun on someone

2.without a gun: i get into an argument with someone, fists start flying, someone gets a black eye, and a broken bone.

which one is worse?

israel got enough security forces both law enforcement and privete, that there is no need for privete citizens to carry guns to stop terrorists, so what will be the point of that?

if someone comes to rob me(and again its so unlikely it will happen here) what will be better? i have a gun, he has a gun, someone will get shot. or no one has gun, worst case its a knife, i give him the 100$ i have in my wallet and all leave in peace?

Thats flawed logic. You assume because you give the $100 you are safe. That isnt always the case. People are killed in robberies all the time for no reason. We had a cab driver get his head blown off by a robber and all the guy got was his own money for the cab fare back. Some people just want to kill for no reason.

Isreal has a murder rate of 2.5 per 100K people. That isnt a great number for not having guns. The US is a little over 5. Accoring to Wiki isreal organized crime is very bad there.

Also Isreal isnt as gun free as people think. Almost everyone is permited to own at least 1 gun. From anyone whose business has large sums of money or valuables to transportation drivers who transport 5 people or more. Military/Security people and people who live in Gaza Strip or West Bank all can own 1 hand gun.

Thats flawed logic. You assume because you give the $100 you are safe. That isnt always the case. People are killed in robberies all the time for no reason. We had a cab driver get his head blown off by a robber and all the guy got was his own money for the cab fare back. Some people just want to kill for no reason.

Isreal has a murder rate of 2.5 per 100K people. That isnt a great number for not having guns. The US is a little over 5. Accoring to Wiki isreal organized crime is very bad there.

Also Isreal isnt as gun free as people think. Almost everyone is permited to own at least 1 gun. From anyone whose business has large sums of money or valuables to transportation drivers who transport 5 people or more. Military/Security people and people who live in Gaza Strip or West Bank all can own 1 hand gun.

Orginized crime isn't that bad here, and you should know that wiki isn't very exact. almost no one is permitted to carry guns in israel, lets say me, ex special forces with no mental or criminal record that lives near tel aviv will ask for a gun i won't get permitted. ppl that move large sums of money are privete security companies as i have said before, are allowed to carry guns like anywhere else in the world. the only military personal that are allowed to take their guns home are combat soldiers not anyone who wears a uniform. ppl that live in the west bank (there is no more Gaza strip), are in constant threat of terrorist acts and they are a minority. i still got no idea how you have reached that most ppl in israel can own a gun.

and if someone wants to kill someone for no reason you want to make it easier by giving him a gun?

There are 7,100,000 people approximately in Israel.

The formal estimatations of August 2006 regarding gun politics say that:

197,181 people are licensed to use personal weapon.

126,700 of the licensees are authorized to use it at work (security companies and such).

The Israel Dept. of the Interior makes notification to the generalpublic the requirements necessary for the obtaining of a permit to possess a firearm:

1. Applicant must be a permanent resident of Israel for 3 consecutive years prior to making application for a firearms permit.

2. Applicant years of age.

3. The permit request must be for personal use, not to engage in the business of firearms sales.

4. Applicant must fall into one of the following categories:

a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun

b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club- may own 1rifle

c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transportinga minimum of 5 passengers- may own 1 handgun

d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not*full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limitedcapacity magazine.

e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables-may own 1 handgun

West Bank and Gaza Strip Settlers:

1. A resident in a militarily strategic buffer zone, essential to thesecurity of the State of Israel- may own 1 handgun

2. A business owner in these geographic areas- may own 1 handgun

Veterans:

1. Veterans of the Regular Army honorably discharged with the rank ofnoncommissioned officer, and veterans of the Reserve Army with the rankof regimental commander- may own 1 handgun

2. Retired law enforcement officers with the rank of sergeant- may own 1handgun

3. Retired prison guards with the rank of squadron commander- may own 1handgun

Individuals:

Upon presenting documentation that one is about to receive a souvenir, aprize, an inheritance, or an award of appreciation from the Israel military.

Source(s):

Brief Summary of Israeli Gun Laws

Firearms Act, 1949, gives a lot of discretion on the subject to the Ministry of The Interior and the Ministry of Defense. The offshoot of this is

A)According to the law, anything with a barrel that shoots objects that can harm a human, or any part of such an item is a firearm. MoI has discretion. Currently, airguns are firearms. Further, the Ministry of Defense has the authority to define what firearms are "military firearms" - barring access to common serfs. Ever since 1950, any rifle larger than .22 and any automatic weapon were firearms.

B) The MoD can decide who it gives licenses to. The current policy is that gun licenses can be only given to:

a)People inheriting guns (no carry, possession only)

b)Hunters (2 shotguns only)

c)ex-military captains, private guards, taxi/bus drivers, gold dealers, inhabitants of danger zones (1 handgun only.)

d)target shooters (2 guns only)

e)Civil guard volunteers (1 handgun

f)Civil Guard Snipers (rifles)

.22 rifles are banned, except grandfathered ones, hunting with rifles is illegal. Any form of outdoor shooting is illegal. People may only buy 50 rounds per year, except those shot at public ranges.

Note that inhabitants of "danger zones" often get issued full-auto guns.

There are 7,100,000 people approximately in Israel.

The formal estimatations of August 2006 regarding gun politics say that:

197,181 people are licensed to use personal weapon.

126,700 of the licensees are authorized to use it at work (security companies and such).

The Israel Dept. of the Interior makes notification to the generalpublic the requirements necessary for the obtaining of a permit to possess a firearm:

1. Applicant must be a permanent resident of Israel for 3 consecutive years prior to making application for a firearms permit.

2. Applicant years of age.

3. The permit request must be for personal use, not to engage in the business of firearms sales.

4. Applicant must fall into one of the following categories:

a. Part-time reservist (volunteer) for 3 years- may own 1 handgun

b. Such a reservist (volunteer) is a member of a gun club- may own 1rifle

c. Professional, licensed public transportation driver, transportinga minimum of 5 passengers- may own 1 handgun

d. Licensed animal control officer- may own 2 hunting rifles, *not*full automatic weapons, or semi-automatic weapons with a limitedcapacity magazine.

e. Full-time dealer of jewelry or large sums of cash or valuables-may own 1 handgun

West Bank and Gaza Strip Settlers:

1. A resident in a militarily strategic buffer zone, essential to thesecurity of the State of Israel- may own 1 handgun

2. A business owner in these geographic areas- may own 1 handgun

Veterans:

1. Veterans of the Regular Army honorably discharged with the rank ofnoncommissioned officer, and veterans of the Reserve Army with the rankof regimental commander- may own 1 handgun

2. Retired law enforcement officers with the rank of sergeant- may own 1handgun

3. Retired prison guards with the rank of squadron commander- may own 1handgun

Individuals:

Upon presenting documentation that one is about to receive a souvenir, aprize, an inheritance, or an award of appreciation from the Israel military.

Source(s):

Brief Summary of Israeli Gun Laws

Firearms Act, 1949, gives a lot of discretion on the subject to the Ministry of The Interior and the Ministry of Defense. The offshoot of this is

A)According to the law, anything with a barrel that shoots objects that can harm a human, or any part of such an item is a firearm. MoI has discretion. Currently, airguns are firearms. Further, the Ministry of Defense has the authority to define what firearms are "military firearms" - barring access to common serfs. Ever since 1950, any rifle larger than .22 and any automatic weapon were firearms.

B) The MoD can decide who it gives licenses to. The current policy is that gun licenses can be only given to:

a)People inheriting guns (no carry, possession only)

b)Hunters (2 shotguns only)

c)ex-military captains, private guards, taxi/bus drivers, gold dealers, inhabitants of danger zones (1 handgun only.)

d)target shooters (2 guns only)

e)Civil guard volunteers (1 handgun

f)Civil Guard Snipers (rifles)

.22 rifles are banned, except grandfathered ones, hunting with rifles is illegal. Any form of outdoor shooting is illegal. People may only buy 50 rounds per year, except those shot at public ranges.

Note that inhabitants of "danger zones" often get issued full-auto guns.

great so you just proved point. there are 70K guns in israel not in the security (privete or non) forces. at least 50-60k of those are in the west bank and gaza strip (again its not personal security but they just live terror danger zones). add police vets, high ranked army officers, and such and what do you have? 2-3k guns that are in the hands of privete ppl with no law enforcemt or high ranking military history? ooh and i forgot civil guard, who work with the police.

Based on the population the US has less gun license % than Isreal. 133k for every 7 million people. Of course this is a right to carry compare to right to own. More people than ever own guns in America today and more than ever are licensed to carry them. Yet murders are as lower than ever since 1980. Dropping less than half. UK had lower numbers with guns than the US. That nmber is the same without guns. But this shows guns are not the issue. Coutries can have low homicide rates with out taking rights away. We have to address the factors that cause criminal actions not the weapons they choose to use.

UK is cracking down on knifes because lack of guns has cause knife use to explode.So when they ban knives. What will people use next? If people start stabbing each other with pencils they going to ban Pencils? Society can keep doing this and avoiding the real issues.

UK had lower numbers with guns than the US. That nmber is the same without guns. But this shows guns are not the issue.

You pulled that straight out of your ass didn't you? The UK with guns? When was that? Please tell me where you got that from.

UK is cracking down on knifes because lack of guns has cause knife use to explode.So when they ban knives. What will people use next? If people start stabbing each other with pencils they going to ban Pencils?

Hahaha. So pencils are made to kill people now? Apparently the UK knows what it's doing because their homicide rate is 1/5th of that in your country. The homicide rate in Europe is lower than in the US, even if you include countries with low political stability, developing second world countries, Russia and Turkey. This is especially so for countries that enforce tight gun regulation. Also coincidentally homicide rates in the US are higher in the states with more liberal gun laws. I'm not saying that it's a direct cause, but it's very interesting.

Maybe the corrolation between low gun ownership and low homicide rates are all just a coincidence, you can't argue that your country would be safer if more people carried guns like you did earlier in this thread. That's pure stupidity.

i love how this video got very little media fanfare and it happened a week before the movie shootings.

Nobody got killed and it's not like anybody is going to cry for two robbers.

You pulled that straight out of your ass didn't you? The UK with guns? When was that? Please tell me where you got that from.

Hahaha. So pencils are made to kill people now? Apparently the UK knows what it's doing because their homicide rate is 1/5th of that in your country. The homicide rate in Europe is lower than in the US, even if you include countries with low political stability, developing second world countries, Russia and Turkey. This is especially so for countries that enforce tight gun regulation. Also coincidentally homicide rates in the US are higher in the states with more liberal gun laws. I'm not saying that it's a direct cause, but it's very interesting.

Maybe the corrolation between low gun ownership and low homicide rates are all just a coincidence, you can't argue that your country would be safer if more people carried guns like you did earlier in this thread. That's pure stupidity.

The U.K. is what, maybe 1/5th the size of America? But not to mention the vast majority of American's are retarded... our government knows this, the media knows this, we're polluted. We might as well call ourselves an Idiocracy. Seriously, when "I Be'z in the trap" or "D!ck in your face" is a song playing on the public radio you know you're fuckin government doesn't care how retarded everybody's becoming. Stupid people have been, and will continue to out-breed the smart people. Til the point of extinction.

Here is the intentional Homicide rate per 100,000 people in the UK from 1970-2010. Can you point to when the gun ban went into effect just by looking at the stats? I didnt think so genius! lol

No Pencils are not necessarily made to kill people. But most knives are not made to kill people either but that doesnt keep them from being used as such countless times. Prisoners use all kinds of shit to kill people so even metal spoons are banned. So what a items purpose is is meaningless. But you are right. UK must be doing something right because their homicide rate is 1/4 of the USA. But that doesnt mean what they are doing right is gun control. Like i said their homicide rate has always been lower than the US. Guns havent changed that rate which was already good. Also none of the laws passed in the UK over the last 40 years have been done due to any statisitcs or to lower crime rate. All of them were done in knee jerk responses to large killing spree's. They were never done to effect homicide rates. Of course everytime there is a killing spree they pass a law only to have another happen and they pass another law. They never prevent them they are only taking citizen rights away for no reason. They dont effect the homicide rate or prevent killing spree's. But they do have a huge effect since the general public is defenseless....

Compared with the United States of America, the United Kingdom has a slightly higher total crime rate per capita of approximately 85 per 1000 people, while in the USA it is approximately 80.[

Wal mart sells hunting rifles and hunting shot guns that's all.

Some do, the Walmart that I normaly go to sells DPMS or Stag AR15's, I cant remember what one it was, also Ruger MINI 14's. I like MINI 14's got my wife the tactical model for her birthday, had to have her cousin order it, he is a dealer. I like my AK47 the best. I got that from her cousin also. Funny thing is, I have a lot of guns, and I have never given a thought to shooting anyone. Guess mine must be broke. I am done here, remember the point of the second amendment is to protect the people, not hunt deer.

But on street situations i would recommend this

http://swpw.strefa.pl/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/glock17..jpg

Because he is light

Metal detector doest get him (as far as i know)

not true metal detectors detect them -- is a myth -- the frame is polymer just for lightness still has steel barrel and slide

60 people got shot and the conclusion is that more people should carry. Yeah, let's give more wackos a gun. I'm not suprised that people get shot in this bizarroworld.

well there is nothing to say that IF someone had been carrying their ccw that it wouldnt of been as bad and would of ended sooner -- you can always throw the WHAT IF's bottom line there would of been a chance of it ending much sooner -- also not everyone has the hero mentality -- there might of been someone there carry but just couldnt do it -- i know here in texas you have to take a class but i do think it should be a tougher class to get your ccw

As for CCW permits, I have had mine from the time Missouri started it. Depending on the situation, I always carry my Bond Arms Texas Deffender derringer. Sometimes I also carry a Glock 26, when I am going to Kansas City mainly. Thank God I have never needed it, and I pray I never do, but like insurance I have it just incase something happens.

i have had mine ever since texas first started the program - i never leave the house without one and i have plenty -- i have 16 guns here (9 pistols - 5 rifles - 2 shotguns) and i dare any government official to try and take them from me cause everyone will be calling me a terrorist most likely cause they arent going to get the chance too take them

Wal mart sells hunting rifles and hunting shot guns that's all.

not correct not all walmarts but a lot do sell tactical rifles -- and you can buy them from walmart online

PBR

Report them stolen. Then when the Government comes calling for them tell them good luck.

I always wondered how the countries that ban guns prevent people from making them? Any gunsmith with access to a lathe could make a gun. There are many gun shops who go. How do you keep them from going in their garage and making them?

Every walmart i have ever been to just had hunting guns. I guess that is because in WV we are such gun enthusiest there are so many shops to get them it wouldnt be profitable for Walmart to get into them. I do get my ammo from there. Way cheaper than pawnshops and gun stores.

PBR

Report them stolen. Then when the Government comes calling for them tell them good luck.

I always wondered how the countries that ban guns prevent people from making them? Any gunsmith with access to a lathe could make a gun. There are many gun shops who go. How do you keep them from going in their garage and making them?

well to be honest only 2 of them are registered to me -- one rifle and one pistol -- i just got one back other day from getting refinished its a beauty -- here are some pics of before and after -- my camera sucks so it does the new finish no justice -- i will just put links instead of embedding the image

before

http://i48.tinypic.com/2krodw.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/30kek95.jpg

after

http://i48.tinypic.com/nqpymt.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2mq1f0y.jpg

sadly though i will probably never shot it again cause no way i want to tear it down to clean it afterwards -- my luck would scratch the shit out of it

edited: for ammo yea walmart as for retailers is cheapest but gun shows are the best -- before long you will be required to give id at retailers and probably even gun shows but retailers for sure -- texas is already doing it so they can keep tabs on how much your buying

wow, that is a beautiful gun. Isnt that a 1911 model colt? I have always wanted one but never could justify spendig the money on it yet. I dont have time shoot anymore so its not on my priorities right now. But i always wanted a nice .50 caliber Beowulf semi auto and a Colt 1911 .45 caliber. Impressive gun and the before and after is unbelievable.

At my business i got all kinds of people trying to sell me guns real cheap. Thats how i got my Glovk after selling my Taurus and Walther a few years before. I wish someone would walk in with a cheap 1911 lol.

wow, that is a beautiful gun. Isnt that a 1911 model colt? I have always wanted one but never could justify spendig the money on it yet. I dont have time shoot anymore so its not on my priorities right now. But i always wanted a nice .50 caliber Beowulf semi auto and a Colt 1911 .45 caliber. Impressive gun and the before and after is unbelievable.

At my business i got all kinds of people trying to sell me guns real cheap. Thats how i got my Glovk after selling my Taurus and Walther a few years before. I wish someone would walk in with a cheap 1911 lol.

yea its a 70's series colt 1911 made in 1973 (got 3 colt 1911's) -- it was actually pureevil's dads service pistol -- i bought it and ended up getting it refinished -- i had 50cal they are awesome but just too damn expensive to shoot or have any fun with -- 5 bucks a bullet is just too damn much -- i ended up getting rid of it just for that reason -- hell friends and everybody would want to shoot it and i would have to charge them 10 bucks a shot -- lmao -- im actually trying to trade and consolidate down to just 2 caliber guns -- which i have done on my pistols they are all 45's -- now just have to decide to trade or sell my 223 rifles (ar15 and mini14) or my 7.62x39's (sks's and mini30) -- its too tough to have plenty of ammo with so many different calibers to buy

edited: also cheap and 1911 doesnt belong in the same sentence -- lol -- even the knock off brands are more than a glock or hk nowdays

Based on the population the US has less gun license % than Isreal. 133k for every 7 million people. Of course this is a right to carry compare to right to own. More people than ever own guns in America today and more than ever are licensed to carry them. Yet murders are as lower than ever since 1980. Dropping less than half. UK had lower numbers with guns than the US. That nmber is the same without guns. But this shows guns are not the issue. Coutries can have low homicide rates with out taking rights away. We have to address the factors that cause criminal actions not the weapons they choose to use.

UK is cracking down on knifes because lack of guns has cause knife use to explode.So when they ban knives. What will people use next? If people start stabbing each other with pencils they going to ban Pencils? Society can keep doing this and avoiding the real issues.

I will explain it again in case you didn't understand.

in 2006 israel according to you had 196k gun licenses with 126k of them are in privete security firms. lets start with that: i used to work in high end security and i have work license for a gun, it means that i can have a gun that the work issues me but not buy a gun.

so we are left 70k: about 55-60k of those are from settlers in the gaza strip and west bank, those are protection guns against terrorists because these ppl live in the middle of a terrorists infested area. that got nothing to do with what you call personal security.

10k left: lets say that out of those at least 5-7k are in the hands of former police officers and military officers.

3-5k left: that is the licenses that are parallel to those given in the states. regular ppl that are connected somehow and were able to get a license.

how is that a higher % of gun holders then in the US?

The U.K. is what, maybe 1/5th the size of America? But not to mention the vast majority of American's are retarded... our government knows this, the media knows this, we're polluted. We might as well call ourselves an Idiocracy. Seriously, when "I Be'z in the trap" or "D!ck in your face" is a song playing on the public radio you know you're fuckin government doesn't care how retarded everybody's becoming. Stupid people have been, and will continue to out-breed the smart people. Til the point of extinction.

Thats the thing that always shcoked me btw. i know plenty of good and intelligent Americans, but the vast majority i met and spoke with are complete retards.

Americans got the worst reputation in the whole of the western world when it comes to intelligence, everyone thinks of them as a nation filled with fat idiots.

this has only started 20 years ago, before that everyone used to look up to the US. i wonder what happened.

the one thing i always hear is how these stupid idiots rule the world?

i know its not true and i have met and worked with plenty of smart Americans but in general you guys have to admit that something went wrong with your country in the past 20-30 years because its uncanny how many retards you got.

Thats the thing that always shcoked me btw. i know plenty of good and intelligent Americans, but the vast majority i met and spoke with are complete retards.

Americans got the worst reputation in the whole of the western world when it comes to intelligence, everyone thinks of them as a nation filled with fat idiots.

this has only started 20 years ago, before that everyone used to look up to the US. i wonder what happened.

the one thing i always hear is how these stupid idiots rule the world?

i know its not true and i have met and worked with plenty of smart Americans but in general you guys have to admit that something went wrong with your country in the past 20-30 years because its uncanny how many retards you got.

i blame rap music and the thug life gang mentality -- :haddock:

honestly though 20 yrs ago parents beat their kids ass when they fucked up or did stupid shit -- you dont see that shit now days and when you do the parents end up in jail or some crazy ass shit and their idiot thug little kid keeps doing shit -- i bet any american here 35 or up has gotten their ass whipped plenty of times in school and by parents or family -- now days you cant even threaten to whip them or you get locked up and shit -- respect in the younger generations has went to shit in america for most part and its all cause of feelings and crap

Please explain to me one thing.

how does buying an assault rifle, 2 hand guns and a shotgun with 6000 bullets doesn't raise any alarms.

how can it be considered for self defense? against what do you need so much self defense? a zombie horde?

yea its a 70's series colt 1911 made in 1973 (got 3 colt 1911's) -- it was actually pureevil's dads service pistol -- i bought it and ended up getting it refinished -- i had 50cal they are awesome but just too damn expensive to shoot or have any fun with -- 5 bucks a bullet is just too damn much -- i ended up getting rid of it just for that reason -- hell friends and everybody would want to shoot it and i would have to charge them 10 bucks a shot -- lmao -- im actually trying to trade and consolidate down to just 2 caliber guns -- which i have done on my pistols they are all 45's -- now just have to decide to trade or sell my 223 rifles (ar15 and mini14) or my 7.62x39's (sks's and mini30) -- its too tough to have plenty of ammo with so many different calibers to buy

edited: also cheap and 1911 doesnt belong in the same sentence -- lol -- even the knock off brands are more than a glock or hk nowdays

I have a lot of the same stuff, but I am always looking for something else! 2 9mm, 2 357mag, I love revolvers, then I would have to take a count of all the 22's and 12 gauges. My center fire rifles are all different. I cant help myself with 22's I love them, you can get 500 rounds for $15 and take the kids to the range and have fun all day. Yes I have them all in big fire proof safes, yes the kids guns also. Except the carry guns but kind of hard to pack a 500 pound safe with you.

I havent been able to find a Ruger SR1911 yet, but when I do I will have a 1911. Holding out for the Ruger, I have always been a Ruger man, and when they came out with a 1911 that is the one I had to have!