14 dead, 50 wounded at midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises

Paradigm

Totally Agree that more people should carry, but dude, you must have a whole different class of Movie Theater Employee than where I live. If you saw sum of the people employed at Cinema's in South Texas you may change your mind.

60 people got shot and the conclusion is that more people should carry. Yeah, let's give more wackos a gun. I'm not suprised that people get shot in this bizarroworld.

60 people got shot and the conclusion is that more people should carry. Yeah, let's give more wackos a gun. I'm not suprised that people get shot in this bizarroworld.

Do you even know how to read? The only "wackos" getting guns are the ones already allowed to get guns. How is allowing good people to bring them to work such a big deal? You think the bad guys check them at the door? Act like you have some sense rather than a drama queen who over reacts without putting any thought into anything.

Most people are legally allowed to have firearms. The difference is not everyon exercises that right. The ones who do are not allowed to bring them to work. Crazy people bring them anyway.

i love how this video got very little media fanfare and it happened a week before the movie shootings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm9o3vhKoF8

Great video. That looks like the type of business i run. Except it looks like they have illegal "grey" machines by the door. I have legal ones. People dont realize that those same robbers could have come in shooting and this guy would have still ran them off with what looks to be a small caliber hand gun. Maybe they would have killed someone had this guy not acted. This "wacko" with a gun might have just saved everyone in that room. Not to mention i assume them being shot lead to their arrest and got them off the street.

I have customers who work at business like mine. They tell me "we dont have a gun. We just give them the money". I was like you dont always have that option. We have a panic buttom like a bank would have that we trigger if we are robbed. I said if those cops get their before the robbers leaves. You are now a hostage. So much for just giving them the money. Not to mention some people are killed by robbers all the time for no reason. People are so fucking delusiona and gullible sometimes.

In Lalaland everything might be black and white, but that's not reality. Zimmerman bought a gun to play the good guy. That fireman that shot his neighbour bought a gun for protection. The grandparents of that two year old kid bought a gun for protection. I've been in situation in which I know that if certain people had a gun that they would've used it. Some argument ends in a fistfight between two drunks and the lesser fighter happens to have a gun. Or maybe the gun is in his car and losing the fistfight is so embarrassing to him that he can't take it. All the people with a big mouth start to have an even bigger mouth because they know that if there's a confrontation they can always use their gun. And how many ridiculous ways are people able to come up with to claim self defense. The chance that you'll ever get to use your gun in a real self-defense life or dead situation is miniscule (and will only increase of course if every nut starts to carry a gun for protection). It's like wearing anti-lightning gear on you at all times for the chance that lightning strike you. The chance that an innocent person get hurt on the other hand... The thought that a guy like CKeppel runs around with a gun for his protection is scary to me. People shouldn't carry guns.

The people who read this and conclude that more people should carry guns are exactly the people that I don't want on the street with a gun. Something isn't working in your upper chamber.

I've been in situation in which I know that if certain people had a gun that they would've used it. Some argument ends in a fistfight between two drunks and the lesser fighter happens to have a gun. Or maybe the gun is in his car and losing the fistfight is so embarrassing to him that he can't take it. All the people with a big mouth start to have an even bigger mouth because they know that if there's a confrontation they can always use their gun

This is exactly why i dont believe EVERYONE should carry guns. But that isnt the same as trained employees at events with large crouds of people now is it?

You also fail to realize that people who legally carry guns are not the problem. It takes responsiblity to legally buy your guy and set up and take the class to legally carry your gun. Something people with no respect for the law dont often do.

Also you can pick and choose cases where things happen. There are 7 billion people in this world something is happening at all times. Like the old saying 150 people die each year from being hit in the head by falling coconuts. You going to take away hunting weapons too? There are 1000 people shot in hunting accidents just in North America each year. 150 of them are fatal. Those same guns have been and can be used to commit crime and be involved in accidents outside of hunting. Some things like most accidents with guns are just a part of life that people wil just have to accept. Just like the crazy risk we take when we get in a car each day. Car crashes kill over 40,000 people each year just in the US.

Approximately 12,252 murders by firearms 80% of which are caused by felons/career criminals/gang member activities. USDOJ National Gang Threat Assessment annual report 2009

Approximately 600 justifiable defensive shootings by both police and citizens.

The remainder in accidental firearms discharges

What I dont understand is why they are always wanting to take rights away from lawfull gun owners. Why not make it to were a criminal dont want to use a gun. Make a manditory double prison term if you use a gun in a crime? If you rob a store with a gun instead of a knife you get twice as long manditory sentence. If you murder someone with a gun, automatic death penalty. Then that dosent punish the inocent and may make the criminals think before the do it.

• Upvote 1

As for CCW permits, I have had mine from the time Missouri started it. Depending on the situation, I always carry my Bond Arms Texas Deffender derringer. Sometimes I also carry a Glock 26, when I am going to Kansas City mainly. Thank God I have never needed it, and I pray I never do, but like insurance I have it just incase something happens.

I agree about the penalty being tougher. I think a bigger problem is the justice system as a whole. This Colorado shooter will be forgot about long before he gets the death penalty if he even does get it. It takes at least 10 years. Not to get religious but this is why the bible says to execute them in front of everyone if there is two witness. People see the punishment and it keeps anyone from following in there foot steps. How many nut jobs think this guy is cool now! That wouldn't be the case if he was strung up with in a week and those people see the end result.

I agree about the penalty being tougher. I think a bigger problem is the justice system as a whole. This Colorado shooter will be forgot about long before he gets the death penalty if he even does get it. It takes at least 10 years. Not to get religious but this is why the bible says to execute them in front of everyone if there is two witness. People see the punishment and it keeps anyone from following in there foot steps. How many nut jobs think this guy is cool now! That wouldn't be the case if he was strung up with in a week and those people see the end result.

I agree, nothing would prove the point faster than his body swinging from a tree.

the cat's out of the bag and has been for decades. there are 90 guns for every 100 people in the US. taking them away from lawabiding citizens would only hurt us at this point. besides, drugs are illegal and you can pretty much get whatever you want here if you look hard enough. what makes you think making guns illegal would change anything?

but honestly...why should i be so concerned about 10,000 gun homicides a year when 400,000+ people die from cigarettes each year? obviously, people love media talking points...

talking points...

I never said to outlaw it. I'm very much against the macho mentallity that because it's legal to have guns everybody should carry them. It's not because having unprotected sex is legal that you should do it. I wouldn't feel safer with every nut carrying a gun at all times opposed to only the premeditated ones.

Anyways, it's not my problem. I still live in Belgium and gun laws are getting stricter here each year.

The blood in my veins

Was running right through my brain

There was a cop with a gun

Who was running around insane

Three fifty arrests

No bullet proof vest

Now ain't that a shame

We wanted to play

Play for the crowd

"No", said the wankers

"You're on your way out"

Bedlam in Belgium

Bedlam in Belgium

The place was a jumpin'

And the booze was going down

There's a curfew in town

You've been working overtime

We don't play just for pay

So we'd like to stay

Stay just the same

He gave me a crack

In the back with his gun

I bled so bad

I could feel the blood run

Bedlam in Belgium

It was bedlam in Belgium

Bedlam in Belgium

Came for a good time

Left on the run.

Bedlam in Belgium

Who's to blame, it's a shame

Bedlam in Belgium

It was bedlam

You gonna run out

Stage was stage

Cops enraged

Crying for more

It was war, war, war

Bedlam in Belgium

It was bedlam in Belgium

Bedlam in Belgium

Came for a good time

Left on the run.

Bedlam in Belgium

It was bedlam in Belgium

There was bedlam in Belgium

It was bedlam

And the law got the drop on me

I agree, nothing would prove the point faster than his body swinging from a tree.

Na thats to easy, most of these guys want to die, maybe not the Aurora shooter, but the majority want to die. Plus instant death really isn't a punishment.

Torture them, make people think twice before they do something outrageous, if they know that if they do this they wont just get a needle, or a quick hanging, but will sit there and get tortured for hours and hours and hours, feel so much pain they will be begging to die, other may think twice in following in there footsteps...

Also take the torture stick it on PPV, and the money made send to the government n lower taxes :)

Na thats to easy, most of these guys want to die, maybe not the Aurora shooter, but the majority want to die. Plus instant death really isn't a punishment.

Torture them, make people think twice before they do something outrageous, if they know that if they do this they wont just get a needle, or a quick hanging, but will sit there and get tortured for hours and hours and hours, feel so much pain they will be begging to die, other may think twice in following in there footsteps...

Also take the torture stick it on PPV, and the money made send to the government n lower taxes :)

The point of the punishment is to detour others. It doesnt matter if they want to die or not. Torturing them makes us no better. I sure as hell dont want to create a bunch of nutcases by showing it for a fee. Also it isnt as easy as you would think. Capitol punishment has come a long way over the years and one of the biggest problems if no one wants to be the person to kill the killer.

The proble m we have is not the killer being punished. Odds are they are so fucked up you are not proving anything. But a quick (1 week or less) hanging would do the trick. Instead the scumbags who were loners all their life and want attention finally get all the attention they want when we talk about them on tv for years during their crime, trial, and appeals, and finally their death. I never researched the Columbine shootings. Just watched the news. But its bad that i can name both punks that killed people but not a single victims name. The McVeigh guy who bombed Oaklahoma City sit on death row all those years. We know him and not a single victim. Scott Peterson killed his wife 9 years ago and his ass is still clogging up the system. Get these fuckers out of this world and lets move on and quit talking about them.

Na, you kill them quick the people don't care. They figure, i want to die anyways, I'll fuck all these people up if they kill me so what. You torture them, it may make thm rething things, because its one thing to go out painless, but to know you are gonna go out suffering a gruesome tortureous death, could make you rethink carrying it out.

That song was written like 35 years ago. I'm not to keen on cops either. The funny thing as that at that time you could get away with almost anything in Belgium. The cops must have had a bad day or something.

This is such a stupid blanket statement.

Most criminals here in Australia do not have access to guns (and fewer still have access to the kind of weapons you'd need to do this sort of thing), with the few that do you're getting into pretty serious 'family business' type territory.

But in the end the really dangerous ones DO have guns, the gun ban did nothing but let the people who didn't want to hand their guns in hide them easier, now all you have to do is have access to the appropriate land and they will give you a license no problems, as long as you don't have a criminal record or laugh manically whilst filling out the forms. Even easier you could just join a gun club, same as before, no criminal record or crazy behavior.

there are on average around 1500 firearms stolen in home invasions per year, so that's like 10 thousand firearms stolen in the last 7 years? they can't be melting them all down......

Due to gun control being enacted, less people are killing themselves with guns, less people are shooting others in anger & less people are shooting themselves accidently BUT the amount of people committing crimes has stayed the same because they just substitute the method.

If you really want someone dead, you will just stab them or beat them to death.

Ill give an example from my own country.

as ppl know i live in Israel, a country with one of the highest rates of ppl actually knowing how to use guns in the world. its also a country with one of the most strict gun laws in the world. its pretty much impossible to get a hand gun in Israel unless you work in security and im not even talking about rifles and automatic weapons that are just non existent outside of the army or law enforcement.

we also have a much lower murder rate then most western nations, even though we are considered a military nation with tons of combat vets.

my point being is that giving more guns thus not lower murder rates, it just gives nut jobs like that stupid fuck an easier way to get them.

No offence to the american friends of ours here but do anyone thinks that something like that, a nut job dressing up as the joker going on a killing spree in a batman movie can happen elsewhere?

how is it possible that anyone in the states can enter any wallmart and get an assault rifle? does that make sense to anyone?

as ppl know i live in Israel, a country with one of the highest rates of ppl actually knowing how to use guns in the world. its also a country with one of the most strict gun laws in the world. its pretty much impossible to get a hand gun in Israel unless you work in security and im not even talking about rifles and automatic weapons that are just non existent outside of the army or law enforcement.

we also have a much lower murder rate then most western nations, even though we are considered a military nation with tons of combat vets.

my point being is that giving more guns thus not lower murder rates, it just gives nut jobs like that stupid fuck an easier way to get them.

No offence to the american friends of ours here but do anyone thinks that something like that, a nut job dressing up as the joker going on a killing spree in a batman movie can happen elsewhere?

how is it possible that anyone in the states can enter any wallmart and get an assault rifle? does that make sense to anyone?

I did not know that about Isreal. But I am kind of surprised, all the things the Jewish people have been through, throughout history. I am surprised they dont make gun ownership manditory. For the record not everyone can enter a Walmart and buy a gun. They still do FBI background checks anywere you buy a gun, including gun shows.

I did not know that about Isreal. But I am kind of surprised, all the things the Jewish people have been through, throughout history. I am surprised they dont make gun ownership manditory.

Why? He just explained how it doesn't make anybody safer.

I don't think guns should be taken away, but there are some sensible laws that could be implemented. People who want to have a gun should be registered. You should go through a background check and a mental evaluation. All gun owners should be forced to have a gun safe and keep the guns there. Whenever a kid harms himself or anybody else the owner of the gun should go to jail. Assault rifles can be bought, but they should be kept in the safe of a licenced gun range at all times. You can't take an assault rifle home. I don't see a valid reason to have an assault rifle anyway.

walmart and assault rifle...define assault rifle.

Why? He just explained how it doesn't make anybody safer.

I don't think guns should be taken away, but there are some sensible laws that could be implemented. People who want to have a gun should be registered. You should go through a background check and a mental evaluation. All gun owners should be forced to have a gun safe and keep the guns there. Whenever a kid harms himself or anybody else the owner of the gun should go to jail. Assault rifles can be bought, but they should be kept in the safe of a licenced gun range at all times. You can't take an assault rifle home. I don't see a valid reason to have an assault rifle anyway.

these are all sensible idea.