fighter morale

fighter morale could be used to introduce so many new things into the game. currently fighter morale doesnt mean too much outside of the cage. but in my opinion fighter morale could be used as a valuable tool for making things happen inside the game.

if fighter morale had an actual impact on training then it would immediately become one of the most important aspects of the game.

if fighter pay and bank account had an impact on fighter morale then immediately the economy with in this game would become much more realistic.

if high morale was something that was earned, and not given, then immediately you would see an impact on how ppl manage their fighters and how money is spent.

fighters morale dips. solution? go buy a new set of clothes, new car, move base, rent a new apartment, buy a new home, change gyms, etc...anything that you think ppl would do to lift themselves up in real life

it's a gateway to introduce many new things into the game.

1st thing i would change is the base level of morale. currently it pretty much stays in the high 90's reguardless of what's going on in the game. i would change that. i'd make 70% the base number. then things that happen throughout a fighters career impacts that number up or down. fighter goes on a long win streak it goes up. that means its easier to maintain a higher number and the less monetary things that he needs to stay satisfied. fighter dips into the losing category a few times consecutive then his morale drops below baseline and suffers the penalties that come along with it. better take him to ben and jerry's for some ice cream to let him know that it'll be alright. maybe find him a girlfriend. that cost money though, and carries risk as well. baby dont like no loser. they break up, morale dips even further

could also weed out abuse of the system. top fighter keeps pounding lower ranked fighters. top fighter wants to move up the ladder and start fighting tougher competition. it doesnt happen = dip in morale

morale is one of the most versatile tools with in the game. we need to make it more effective

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1343482015[/url]' post='382387']

fighter morale could be used to introduce so many new things into the game. currently fighter morale doesnt mean too much outside of the cage. but in my opinion fighter morale could be used as a valuable tool for making things happen inside the game.

if fighter morale had an actual impact on training then it would immediately become one of the most important aspects of the game.

if fighter pay and bank account had an impact on fighter morale then immediately the economy with in this game would become much more realistic.

if high morale was something that was earned, and not given, then immediately you would see an impact on how ppl manage their fighters and how money is spent.

fighters morale dips. solution? go buy a new set of clothes, new car, move base, rent a new apartment, buy a new home, change gyms, etc...anything that you think ppl would do to lift themselves up in real life

it's a gateway to introduce many new things into the game.

1st thing i would change is the base level of morale. currently it pretty much stays in the high 90's reguardless of what's going on in the game. i would change that. i'd make 70% the base number. then things that happen throughout a fighters career impacts that number up or down. fighter goes on a long win streak it goes up. that means its easier to maintain a higher number and the less monetary things that he needs to stay satisfied. fighter dips into the losing category a few times consecutive then his morale drops below baseline and suffers the penalties that come along with it. better take him to ben and jerry's for some ice cream to let him know that it'll be alright. maybe find him a girlfriend. that cost money though, and carries risk as well. baby dont like no loser. they break up, morale dips even further

could also weed out abuse of the system. top fighter keeps pounding lower ranked fighters. top fighter wants to move up the ladder and start fighting tougher competition. it doesnt happen = dip in morale

morale is one of the most versatile tools with in the game. we need to make it more effective

Seriously I want a game where I train, fight and repeat... Not a MMA Tycoon version of The Sims... What next get a girlfriend, get married and have little baby fighters that get a learning boost blah blah blah..

What about fighters with a shit confidence roll???

Let's get the fighting side right... Fighter decline etc etc

Seriously I want a game where I train, fight and repeat... Not a MMA Tycoon version of The Sims... What next get a girlfriend, get married and have little baby fighters that get a learning boost blah blah blah..

What about fighters with a shit confidence roll???

Let's get the fighting side right... Fighter decline etc etc

if we cant make a suggestion for the future then why even have the improvements section lol

If you can't handle a counter argument to your suggested "improvements" I suggest you don't make a suggestion in the first place lol

you never made a counter argument lol? pretty much everything you said was just something to get a rise out of me. but in reality all it shows is that you have a one track mind. i bet you look down at the stairs when you walk. 1.2.3.4.5.6.etc.etc. and that's good. it's good to stay focused on the task at hand. but at the same time, you've still got to have an idea about where your going. if you only look at the ground and simply put one foot in front of the other, sure you'll cover ground. but if not careful, and not occassionally looking up, then you could easily find yourself walking in circles --- basically, sure it's a good thing to always keep working on the fight engine and making it better. but at the same time you cant lose sight of everything else.

it's not just the actors that put on the show. it's the entire production that makes it happen. same in tycoon. the fight engine is the actor. but it's the entire game of fighters, managers, clothing, supps, orgs and gyms, all working together, that make up the production. so yes, the fight engine is important. but dismissing anything else as unimportant is simply foolish

you never made a counter argument lol? pretty much everything you said was just something to get a rise out of me. but in reality all it shows is that you have a one track mind. i bet you look down at the stairs when you walk. 1.2.3.4.5.6.etc.etc. and that's good. it's good to stay focused on the task at hand. but at the same time, you've still got to have an idea about where your going. if you only look at the ground and simply put one foot in front of the other, sure you'll cover ground. but if not careful, and not occassionally looking up, then you could easily find yourself walking in circles --- basically, sure it's a good thing to always keep working on the fight engine and making it better. but at the same time you cant lose sight of everything else.

it's not just the actors that put on the show. it's the entire production that makes it happen. same in tycoon. the fight engine is the actor. but it's the entire game of fighters, managers, clothing, supps, orgs and gyms, all working together, that make up the production. so yes, the fight engine is important. but dismissing anything else as unimportant is simply foolish

It was showing you how stupid the idea you have suggested of "buying" girlfriend, was to raise your fighters morale.. So technically I suppose you are right it wasn't a counter argument.. It doesn't take away from the fact this isn't the first time you have made this stupid suggestion about morale...

Speaking of the the "show" the "production" you are talking about lets have a little think about it.. Clothing fucked, nutrition is fucked, public gyms are fucked, fighter decline is fucked but hey lets change morale because edwardsfan wants to buy his fighters a virtual girlfirend so his virtual fighter grows a bigger virtual penis..

Hey personal assistants are coming in shortly maybe for an extra fee they can give each of your fighters a blowjob before the fight, you pay extra of course for them to swallow the virtual sperm and therefore when they fight they perform better or maybe worse because the virtual blowjob was a shit one.

Getting the rise out of you was nothing more than an added bonus..

It was showing you how stupid the idea you have suggested of "buying" girlfriend, was to raise your fighters morale.. So technically I suppose you are right it wasn't a counter argument.. It doesn't take away from the fact this isn't the first time you have made this stupid suggestion about morale...

Speaking of the the "show" the "production" you are talking about lets have a little think about it.. Clothing fucked, nutrition is fucked, public gyms are fucked, fighter decline is fucked but hey lets change morale because edwardsfan wants to buy his fighters a virtual girlfirend so his virtual fighter grows a bigger virtual penis..

Hey personal assistants are coming in shortly maybe for an extra fee they can give each of your fighters a blowjob before the fight, you pay extra of course for them to swallow the virtual sperm and therefore when they fight they perform better or maybe worse because the virtual blowjob was a shit one.

Getting the rise out of you was nothing more than an added bonus..

lol judging from your choice of words i'd have to say that i got the rise :P

the funniest part to me is that you latch on to the "girlfriend" part of the post and that's your entire argument lol? you do realize that i threw that in simply as i was writing it just to add some humor :wub: lol? i dont know about you sometimes stupidasol. seems like sometimes you come across as somebody that gets it. but then other times it's like 'phew' right over your head..

Judging by my choice of words?? You do understand I am Australia dropping fuck means about as much your post, if you need it explained on a scale of 1-100 with 100 being the highest care factor, i would be sitting at 1...

I would love to get into the wonderful internet debate with you about who got the rise out of who but really there is only one winner in that argument and your to silly to realise when you are beat...

The girlfriend part was the easiest to make fun of.. But surely if you were as clever as you think you would understand that the whole general concept of your "morale idea" is flawed... I don't know about you but why on earth would my virtual fighter wake up one morning 50% morale, buy him some ice cream to get him up to 70%.. Hey I might buy him a girlfriend after that and I'll be up to 95%...

People whinge, whine and moan about tickers which are/should actually be helpful to the game due to the work it takes with them, yet you want to introduce something that is absolutely totally and utterly pointless that is going to take just as much work... Come of eddy think before you type...

Judging by my choice of words?? You do understand I am Australia dropping fuck means about as much your post, if you need it explained on a scale of 1-100 with 100 being the highest care factor, i would be sitting at 1...

I would love to get into the wonderful internet debate with you about who got the rise out of who but really there is only one winner in that argument and your to silly to realise when you are beat...

The girlfriend part was the easiest to make fun of.. But surely if you were as clever as you think you would understand that the whole general concept of your "morale idea" is flawed... I don't know about you but why on earth would my virtual fighter wake up one morning 50% morale, buy him some ice cream to get him up to 70%.. Hey I might buy him a girlfriend after that and I'll be up to 95%...

People whinge, whine and moan about tickers which are/should actually be helpful to the game due to the work it takes with them, yet you want to introduce something that is absolutely totally and utterly pointless that is going to take just as much work... Come of eddy think before you type...

dude....you really do have a one track mind lol. so let me get this straight. in your mind, everytime a person posts something in the improvement section, what they are actually meaning is that they want mike to drop what he's doing right then and there and pick up work on their idea right at that moment lol? too funny haha! you know what, im gonna use your logic on my old lady. the next time she posts a "to-do" list for me and there's multiple things on it..im gonna tell her how it is. "Look bitch!..i'm currently working on taking out the trash! so dont think about putting something else on that list until im done with this! you'll get me all mixed up with multiple things and i might forget what im doing and not get ANYTHING done" lol

and also i love how you still are hung up on the portion of my post that was obviously not serious. ice cream and a girlfriend. how many ppl read this thread and all of them realized that it wasnt serious except for you lol. i dont know, i gotta go to bed. but im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you were having a bad day and felt like a confrontation

dude....you really do have a one track mind lol. so let me get this straight. in your mind, everytime a person posts something in the improvement section, what they are actually meaning is that they want mike to drop what he's doing right then and there and pick up work on their idea right at that moment lol? too funny haha! you know what, im gonna use your logic on my old lady. the next time she posts a "to-do" list for me and there's multiple things on it..im gonna tell her how it is. "Look bitch!..i'm currently working on taking out the trash! so dont think about putting something else on that list until im done with this! you'll get me all mixed up with multiple things and i might forget what im doing and not get ANYTHING done" lol

and also i love how you still are hung up on the portion of my post that was obviously not serious. ice cream and a girlfriend. how many ppl read this thread and all of them realized that it wasnt serious except for you lol. i dont know, i gotta go to bed. but im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you were having a bad day and felt like a confrontation

You do that go to bed and think about some other meaningless task that can be added to the game that actually has nothing to do with fighting...

Ice cream, girl friend, car, jewelery it doesn't matter what the flying fuck the object is.. surely you aren't this stupid.. The idea that you need to do something to ensure your morale is high all the time is nothing more than another micro-managing aspect to the game that is firstly absolutely pointless, secondly just another task for people to complain about and thirdly adds absolutely no enjoyment for the player...

Do you not get people complain about changing clothes, hell I think you may have even complained about having to change supps yet now you want "down the track" for there to be the introduction of something else people will need to micro-manage??

Stop beating a dead horse eddy... Much easier just to admit your idea sucks and leave it be.

You do that go to bed and think about some other meaningless task that can be added to the game that actually has nothing to do with fighting...

Ice cream, girl friend, car, jewelery it doesn't matter what the flying fuck the object is.. surely you aren't this stupid.. The idea that you need to do something to ensure your morale is high all the time is nothing more than another micro-managing aspect to the game that is firstly absolutely pointless, secondly just another task for people to complain about and thirdly adds absolutely no enjoyment for the player...

fighters just being given the highest possible morale for no reason just seems a bit artificial to me. the fact that mike introduced clothing stores into the game supports that you're wrong 100%

Do you not get people complain about changing clothes, hell I think you may have even complained about having to change supps yet now you want "down the track" for there to be the introduction of something else people will need to micro-manage??

i hate changing clothes and buying supps probly more than any other person on the game. i'd give away 10 of my 20 fighter slots if it gave me the option to never have to do that again. it'll be a glorious day when that isnt part of the game any longer. in fact i think that it would be a brilliant idea if instead of the manager having to manually change the clothes for the fighters, but instead the manager could set a weekly "clothing allowance" for his fighters and they would spend the money accordingly. who they buy their clothes from would be based off of clothing store hype. that would drive competition between clothing stores and encourage them to sponsor fighters.

Stop beating a dead horse eddy... Much easier just to admit your idea sucks and leave it be.

okay, i'll not say another word about it

:rolling: