Burn Rio to the ground.

Lynch96

Burn it to the ground?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Burn it to the ground?

• Yes
    • No
    • Roastbeef

Ztarken was manager #1 and has a lot of multi accounts, that was the most famous multi case and was very serious. So should they burn the city he has multi accounts, because his history? Off course not.

You may have some cheaters in Brazil, but I doubt you don't see a lot of cheaters in other cities. There's a lot of people in Rio who plays this game fair and square.

I don't like at all the idea of get rid of Rio, there's a lot of brazilians users who plays this lovely game and like to have their fighters in a city of their country, included me. You may police harder Rio, if it's the case, I could even volunteer to help in this supervision if I may be helpful, just in order to keep the fairness in the city, but don't get rid of a city that a lot of players like to play in.

• Upvote 1

Ztarken was manager #1 and has a lot of multi accounts, that was the most famous multi case and was very serious. So should they burn the city he has multi accounts, because his history? Off course not.

This was all before Ztarken was discovered. There is no way he was responsible for the hundreds of accounts that were deleted. Yes he have quite a few, but not on the scale of what happened in Rio.

Ok. Enough with the chicken little the sky is falling bullshit. The OP obviously made this thread as a semi-serious joke based on the current state of Rio. The shit in Rio happened more than two years ago. Rio has no higher propensity for cheating than any other city.

Rio sucks in this game because it is too god damned far from anything. Additionally, guys generally base their fighters nearest to their home country. As this is a, by and large, english speaking game, it only makes sense that Rio has one of the smallest user bases.

Rio has been dying for a long time, but I certainly laid the death knell to it. I moved Blitz Rio to New York because no one wanted to fly down to Rio for fights. I moved to New York and my problem was solved. We signed fighters left and right and quickly developed the best roster in the entire game and have maintained that roster for a significant period of time. When we left Rio, there was nothing left. Currently, UVT is the #1 org in Rio and is ranked #39 in the game. The #2 org in Rio, No Exit, is ranked #50 in the game. Additionally, it looks like No Exit is closing its doors because it only has one card scheduled, for September 5, and there are only 4 fights on the card.

In short, Rio is dead. Until someone decides to try and raise the phoenix from its ashes, it will remain so. Even an attempt to jump start Rio would most likely fail.

Ok. Enough with the chicken little the sky is falling bullshit. The OP obviously made this thread as a semi-serious joke based on the current state of Rio. The shit in Rio happened more than two years ago. Rio has no higher propensity for cheating than any other city.

Rio sucks in this game because it is too god damned far from anything. Additionally, guys generally base their fighters nearest to their home country. As this is a, by and large, english speaking game, it only makes sense that Rio has one of the smallest user bases.

Rio has been dying for a long time, but I certainly laid the death knell to it. I moved Blitz Rio to New York because no one wanted to fly down to Rio for fights. I moved to New York and my problem was solved. We signed fighters left and right and quickly developed the best roster in the entire game and have maintained that roster for a significant period of time. When we left Rio, there was nothing left. Currently, UVT is the #1 org in Rio and is ranked #39 in the game. The #2 org in Rio, No Exit, is ranked #50 in the game. Additionally, it looks like No Exit is closing its doors because it only has one card scheduled, for September 5, and there are only 4 fights on the card.

In short, Rio is dead. Until someone decides to try and raise the phoenix from its ashes, it will remain so. Even an attempt to jump start Rio would most likely fail.

I'm tying my best to raise Rio back. In only 3 months of existence, we reach #2 org in Rio. Now we are #4, but that's temporary! :P

I have trying to hire top fighters from other cities, I have talked with some managers, I have tryied to host fights people want to watch (we're hosting STP vs Halo fight, eg), I even made a openweight division id 180k restricted, to attract good managers who like id restricted orgs to sign with us. It has been very difficult, but with a lot of effort we have growing very well.

I am far to be the solution of Rio, but I'm striving to be part of it.

I'm tying my best to raise Rio back. In only 3 months of existence, we reach #2 org in Rio. Now we are #4, but that's temporary! :P

I have trying to hire top fighters from other cities, I have talked with some managers, I have tryied to host fights people want to watch (we're hosting STP vs Halo fight, eg), I even made a openweight division id 180k restricted, to attract good managers who like id restricted orgs to sign with us. It has been very difficult, but with a lot of effort we have growing very well.

I am far to be the solution of Rio, but I'm striving to be part of it.

Sorry, until you can find a way to attract top fighters from around the game to fly to Rio on a consistent basis, you are doomed to be the big fish in the little pond. You may dominate the local Rio soon, and based on your apparent passion, I hope you do; however, your chances at global success are extraordinarily slim.

This would pretty good reasoning if it were true in a global context. By looking at the numbers per se, there are cities in a pretty worse condition when compared to Rio. Maybe you mean Rio has the poorest managers (can't buy vip, can't get the in-game business going). Or the worst managers (all in-game documenation is in english, it is expected that solely portuguese speaking users will take more time to get on with the game). However, Rio definetely does not have "one of the smallest user bases".

Ranking of # of fighters per city:

1. Las Vegas 2783

2. London 2569

3. New York 2552

4. Rio 2382

5. Los Angeles 2350

6. Tokyo 2259

7. Montreal 2236

8. Amsterdam 2232

St Petesburg 2232

10. Helsinki 2229

11. Sydney 2225

Hilo 2225

Ranking of # mgrs per city

1. Las Vegas 974

2. London 803

3. Rio 789 (o wait, more than new york???)

4. New York 776

5. Los Angeles 607

6. Amsterdam 452

7. Tokyo 354

8. St Petesburg 325

9. Montreal 317

10. Sydney 265

11. Helsinki 239

12. Hilo 190

I've been running a pretty successfull gym in Rio for over an year now. I know orgs that are doing really well (^), and some that are decaing mostly because of the innactivity of their owners more than anything. I really tend to disagree with this reasoning by looking at the cold information the numbers provide. If Rio is dead and has an irrelevant set of users, what to say about all those cities far below it when it comes to number of active managers?

Rio has been dying for a long time, but I certainly laid the death knell to it. I moved Blitz Rio to New York because no one wanted to fly down to Rio for fights. I moved to New York and my problem was solved.

I agree with both of these statements (and mostly the rest of the post, but didn't want to repost the whole thing).

Rio is a bit like Sydney, where the costs of travel are through the roof crazy. Normally I don't mind spending money on flying my fighters back and forth, but the only places I don't are Rio and Sydney.

I personally understand the move from Rio to NY. It's a cheaper flight from quite a few places and with some of the top NY orgs closing down just before the move, he capitalized on the market.

1. Las Vegas 2783

2. London 2569

3. New York 2552

4. Rio 2382

5. Los Angeles 2350

6. Tokyo 2259

7. Montreal 2236

8. Amsterdam 2232

St Petesburg 2232

10. Helsinki 2229

11. Sydney 2225

Hilo 2225

The only problem with those numbers are there are quite a few fighters from Las Vegas, New York, Montreal, L.A. and occasionally Hilo, that fly to and from any of those cities for their fights.

If we are talking about manager numbers you have the 789 in Rio. That is 1 city for an entire country compared to over 2300 managers across 4 cities (Las Vegas, Hilo, L.A. and New York).

I do understand your point of other cities being in much bigger danger. Hilo is one of the worst based on orgs and gyms.

The only problem with those numbers are there are quite a few fighters from Las Vegas, New York, Montreal, L.A. and occasionally Hilo, that fly to and from any of those cities for their fights.

that's just part of the problem. ignore those cities and rio is still way ahead of other cities in this game, right? then why are we talking about shutting rio down? (yeah, i know we aren't, but you get it, just look at the topic title for christ's sake!! lol)

If we are talking about manager numbers you have the 789 in Rio. That is 1 city for an entire country compared to over 2300 managers across 4 cities (Las Vegas, Hilo, L.A. and New York).

we can't compare apples to oranges. there are way more ppl from the us in the game than ppl from brazil. one interesting, more reasonable, comparison would be to rate (percentage) the number of users from brazil not based in rio, and the rate of people from the us not based on us cities (and also from other countries, not only brazil and the us), taking american users as parameter to determine the relevance of ea city in the game. the higher the rate, the more irrelevant the city is.

I do understand your point of other cities being in much bigger danger. Hilo is one of the worst based on orgs and gyms.

hilo is by far the worst. but we still have others in much bigger danger than rio. i suggest we rename the topic to: "burn the following list of cities to the ground" and get on with it. that wouldn't be racist (honestly just kidding).

1. Las Vegas 2783

2. London 2569

3. New York 2552

4. Rio 2382

5. Los Angeles 2350

6. Tokyo 2259

7. Montreal 2236

8. Amsterdam 2232

St Petesburg 2232

10. Helsinki 2229

11. Sydney 2225

Hilo 2225

Ranking of # mgrs per city

1. Las Vegas 974

2. London 803

3. Rio 789 (o wait, more than new york???)

4. New York 776

5. Los Angeles 607

6. Amsterdam 452

7. Tokyo 354

8. St Petesburg 325

9. Montreal 317

10. Sydney 265

11. Helsinki 239

12. Hilo 190

Now, let's look at reality. Rio is a stand-alone city. Based on the continental North American #s, there are 2674 managers who can fly anyone of their nearly 10,000 fighters, just regular first class, and be at another city with minimal energy loss. Similarly, there are 1819 manager in European cities with over 9200 fighters who can fly to these "sister cities" with minimal energy loss. Even Tokyo has relatively simple access, flying first class, to LA and Vegas. A first class flight to Vegas only costs 6.67% energy. So Tokyo has simple access to over 7000 fighters. Hilo...its a dump right now just like Rio. Sydney remains propped up on the backs of The Syndicate (formerly BDU) and Brutal Deluxe. The Syndicate isn't even fully based in Sydney anymore as they have recognized the difficulty in recruiting and have been holding events in Tokyo and Hilo, in addition to Sydney.

Rio stands alone. It has no top orgs. It's top manager, Moyses Mattos, appears to be a cheat with multi accounts to test fighter hiddens. It really has no recognized great fighters. It has no great alliance (Yes, The Pit is technically based in Rio, but they are a NY based or at least a NA based alliance). So, Rio really doesn't have much going for it.

No one is really saying to remove Rio from the game, just that its a pretty shitty city in the game.

• Upvote 1

Looks like your speech changed a litle bit, and I tend to agree more with this second approach of yours, but, again, as I said in my previous post, it makes no sense to talk about number of users from specific countries. What to say about continents?

All I'm saying is every city other than maybe Vegas and London is like Rio in a certain way. Your post and the barrage of numbers you present simply confirms this. I don't disagree with you, but your approach in calling Rio shitty (and to that effect, a number of other cities in the game) is somewhat subjective.

I do agree we should be looking at ways to improve the game as a whole. Rio, Helsinki, St Petes, Hilo, Sydney included. Totally understand your decision to move your org to a city closer to the big picture, though.

Looks like your speech changed a litle bit, and I tend to agree more with this second approach of yours, but, again, as I said in my previous post, it makes no sense to talk about number of users from specific countries. What to say about continents?

All I'm saying is every city other than maybe Vegas and London is like Rio in a certain way. Your post and the barrage of numbers you present simply confirms this. I don't disagree with you, but your approach in calling Rio shitty (and to that effect, a number of other cities in the game) is somewhat subjective.

I do agree we should be looking at ways to improve the game as a whole. Rio, Helsinki, St Petes, Hilo, Sydney included. Totally understand your decision to move your org to a city closer to the big picture, though.

It's not subjective, it's completely objective. What makes a city a good city? Quality orgs for all the varying levels, quality fighters, and quality managers, in that order, in my opinion. As I said earlier, Rio has no orgs or fighters on a significant global level. Rio's #1 manager has significant circumstantial evidence against him that he has created multi-accounts to test hiddens.

Does that mean that we should burn Rio to the ground? Obviously not. If guys are enjoying playing in Rio, then play on. My only point is that Rio is currently a dump, one of the least impressive and mostly segregated cities in the entire game. Rio had a tremendous hey-day. At one point in time, I think we had 4 of the top 11 orgs in the game with RHOE, AFC, UVT and my org. When JMFC and RHOE folded up, that was the first kick in the nuts. When I left, it was the virtual beheading. I hope you can be Dr. Frankenstein and put the head back on the beast, but I also recognize that Frankenstein is a fictional, and cautionary, tale.

• Downvote 4

It's not subjective, it's completely objective. What makes a city a good city? Quality orgs for all the varying levels, quality fighters, and quality managers, in that order, in my opinion. As I said earlier, Rio has no orgs or fighters on a significant global level. Rio's #1 manager has significant circumstantial evidence against him that he has created multi-accounts to test hiddens.

Does that mean that we should burn Rio to the ground? Obviously not. If guys are enjoying playing in Rio, then play on. My only point is that Rio is currently a dump, one of the least impressive and mostly segregated cities in the entire game. Rio had a tremendous hey-day. At one point in time, I think we had 4 of the top 11 orgs in the game with RHOE, AFC, UVT and my org. When JMFC and RHOE folded up, that was the first kick in the nuts. When I left, it was the virtual beheading. I hope you can be Dr. Frankenstein and put the head back on the beast, but I also recognize that Frankenstein is a fictional, and cautionary, tale.

You completly out of your mind, rio was the best city way before RHOE , and JMFC .

Their was Kings of Rio , UVT AND most importants their was org that i don't even remember their name at the very beginning of the game that was the top orgs in the game.

Rio was always the best city but most of the managers are afraid to go in rio because of the step up in the competition.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

all i can say is that i have only made a couple of fighters in rio so far and they have all failed horribly because of the crappy orgs that offer 100 dollar contracts and rediculous outmatched fights. that's my experience of it. and from what i have heard it isn't great place to anyone else either. unless of course u know an org owner who's willing to hand u a title and some easy wins.

I'm thinking burn it but i rly like roast beef...

ah screw it! BURN THE MOTHERFUCKER DOWN!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

if the crazy chance that rio does get scrapped actually happens they should make some new fight locations like in india and maybe in the philippines. im not sure tho because i have never seen mma broadcast from the philppines.

That won't ever happen until we can get well over 10000 active managers.

That won't ever happen until we can get well over 10000 active managers.

no need for adding other places. We still have a lot of things the game needs to be improved on first

how about if they decide to scrap the city everything can be fairly distributed to the places that need it the most. Kill one shitty city to improve on the other Shitty ones.

It's not racist. It's the truth. Rio, in the game, was found to have a huge corruption ring going on about a year and a half ago that ended with hundreds of multi's being deleted. It is a shell of what it used to be.

Massive corruption ring.... that city will always be tainted. Oh well, it adds character, maybe bad character, but character.

LOL, people gave your posts negatives because they are fucking stupid.

• Downvote 2

I would be very disappointed if Rio went away, The Wild Den org is the shit. If anyone wants to put their 150k+ ID fighters to the test, come to Rio and challenge my man Elvis at 185. His division seems to be running out of contenders because he beats everyone. If this keeps up I will have to move him up to 205.