fighter cut weight

so i have used a weight loss supplement to get a fighter's weight down now he can 'cut to' 182.8 at 100% energy with his 'actual weight' being 199 as i want him to fight in the 185 division as he originally was at 205, now should i drop his weight anymore to a safe zone (so he doesnt get KO'd easy) or is 182.8 perfectly fine?

Interesting thought. Ive always kept my fighters as tight to the line as possible to give them the biggest possible size advantage. I think as long as hes under fight weight in the "can cut to" catagory (IE 184.8) you should be fine.

I think its when you go over and need the sauna thats when u risk being knocked out.

The benefit of saving a few pounds to spare (IE 182.8) is you will definitely make weight. Occasionally I train my fighter too close to the fight and his energy levels cause him to be over 185 or damn close for comfort.

As far as i've seen the fighters weight and cardio also play into how much the fighter can cut comfortably (the higher the better for both). I've created 2 identical fighters and the one with better cardio was able to shed a significant amount more weight.

• 3 weeks later...

I HAVE A FIGHTER AT 214 LBS IN THE 205 WEIGHT CLASS... I HAVE 2 DAYS TIL THE FIGHT.. IS HE GOING TO START CUTTING WEIGHT OR DO I NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO MAKE HIM CUT WEIGHT... IM A NOOB SORRY...

You will make weight. If you view your fighter profile then you'll see this under his weight "Can cut to 200.5 lbs". That means as long as you stay at 100% energy, you will make weight just fine.

If you drop energy, then you can click the weight icon (http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/weight.gif)in the top right corner of the fighter profile screen and you can see how much weight can he cut with his current energy and how much rest (no training sessions) it'll take him to cut if he's below 100% energy.

Also, you can click on this icon(http://mmatycoon.com/images/help2.jpg) in the top right corner of almost any page to open up the wiki information page which will explain a lot of the game.

Good luck in your first fight!

You will make weight. If you view your fighter profile then you'll see this under his weight "Can cut to 200.5 lbs". That means as long as you stay at 100% energy, you will make weight just fine.

If you drop energy, then you can click the weight icon (http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/weight.gif)in the top right corner of the fighter profile screen and you can see how much weight can he cut with his current energy and how much rest (no training sessions) it'll take him to cut if he's below 100% energy.

Also, you can click on this icon(http://mmatycoon.com/images/help2.jpg) in the top right corner of almost any page to open up the wiki information page which will explain a lot of the game.

thank you ... sorry for the caps btw (when at work I can only type in caps for some reason) i use the wiki all the time... as for some of the buttons I click everything to try to understand but just sometimes it doesn't make a lot of sense yet...

thank you ... sorry for the caps btw (when at work I can only type in caps for some reason) i use the wiki all the time... as for some of the buttons I click everything to try to understand but just sometimes it doesn't make a lot of sense yet...

also being that it saids 200.4 or whatever not 204.9 does it allow room for me to take a suppliment or something to gain muscle or whatever that could make me gain weight.. I guess my question is how much does that stuff effect your weight?? how close to a fight can you either take or stop taking so i wont be over weight??

Supplements:

1. energy supps reduce the amount of energy you burn during training

2. Muscle supps increase the rate at which you build strength while training wieghts

3. Cardio supps increase the rate at which you build conditioning like when doing cardio or C/T training

4. weight loss or gain supps, increase or decrease you weight while taking them - roughly .3 of a pound per session depending on supp quality/

1-3 only work when training, they do nothing on rest days or sunday and 4 works anytime you are using them.

The only thing that will make you gain/lose weight is the weight supps

i have always been interested in this subject and i have noticed that most of the best fighters in the game stay between 5-10 lbs below their weight classes max weight except for 265 and 265+ which they mostly stay about 20 lbs below. i have trimmed most of my fighters down to about 4-5 lbs below their own weight class max and they are able to deal with their fights just fine most of the time. im not saying this is the way to go tho since it probably does depend on ur fighters individually. i had a fighter in the 205 div who got koed by a guy who was like 2-3 lbs heavier than him and closer to the 205 max.

if anyone has any more experience on this subject i would love to hear more!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

i have always been interested in this subject and i have noticed that most of the best fighters in the game stay between 5-10 lbs below their weight classes max weight except for 265 and 265+ which they mostly stay about 20 lbs below. i have trimmed most of my fighters down to about 4-5 lbs below their own weight class max and they are able to deal with their fights just fine most of the time. im not saying this is the way to go tho since it probably does depend on ur fighters individually. i had a fighter in the 205 div who got koed by a guy who was like 2-3 lbs heavier than him and closer to the 205 max.

if anyone has any more experience on this subject i would love to hear more!

There suppose to bee a a speed advantage if your under the weight limit but yeah i think it comes into big effect for heavyweights.That why i giving my guy weight loss supps now .He is a true heavyweight but getting his ass kick by guys who weight between 220 and 240 .

but how much drain is that cut on the energy?

there isn't one, he either can or can't make it. Now if you read at the top of the ToTT, where it says he didn't make weight and used the extra time to make weight: then you will take an energy hit.

If I and 100% energy and can cut to 169.0# for a 170# fight, I will go into fight at 100% energy

Forgetting the whole speed and weight difference issues that comes with being heavy or light for the weight class

• Upvote 1

there isn't one, he either can or can't make it. Now if you read at the top of the ToTT, where it says he didn't make weight and used the extra time to make weight: then you will take an energy hit.

If I and 100% energy and can cut to 169.0# for a 170# fight, I will go into fight at 100% energy

Forgetting the whole speed and weight difference issues that comes with being heavy or light for the weight class

ah ok that puts me at ease. :) I wasnt really sure and thought might be a good chance to ask. hehe as always duphus great info!!

This explains it better than the wiki page. Thank you.