Should I Sign My Fighter?

If I accept a contract offered to my fighter and turn down fights because I feel like they're not in my fighters best interest, does it hurt me or my fighter, and if yes, how & how much? Thanks in advance!

If I accept a contract offered to my fighter and turn down fights because I feel like they're not in my fighters best interest, does it hurt me or my fighter, and if yes, how & how much? Thanks in advance!

You should look over the org that sent you the contract offer first. If their satisfaction rating is below say 80% you should probably not join them. Anything above 80% means that they are pretty decent as a rule. Ideally 90%+ is best. Then you should study the roster. Go to the weight class you will be fighting in and look at the other talent in that division. If you see that your guy will be consistently facing guys that have a 20 - 30K ID advantage and/or look like they could run you over in their sleep and not even notice you, then decline to sign with that org. Also might be advisable to check out the org owner himself. Most are pretty decent guys, but there are some who I wouldn't cross the street to piss them out if they were on fire. Let alone fight in their org. So just do some research and then sign with a good org and you shouldn't ever have to worry about declining fights.

Also look for Dee Early's (calmlikeabomb)list of ID Restricted Orgs. Those are great places for newer players generally speaking, since they are designed for newer players to be able to get fair fights. Be careful though. Not all are what they seem. Still do your research, but you'll find that most are pretty good places for you to make your new home.

I agree with Warwynd, research is important! A huge help can be to talk to the org owner / matchmaker before signing, to explain your situation (being new) and what plans they might have for you... just talking to them shows that you aren't a fly-by-night never sign back in after signing a contract type... They'll appreciate the enthusiasm and most people love the fact that they might help a new manager become a complete addict.

Keep going, even if you get a bad contract or two, and when accepting or declining a fight or contract, there is a message box to add to the reply, and everyone appreciates those, to know better about how THEY are doing!

speaking as an org owner Id say talk to the org.

Just because Iv offered a contract dosnt mean im lining up a guy to get in the cage with the top 3 in the division straight off. Iv got mid-lower tier guys needing fights, somtimes im looking out for new guys who specifically are newer/not that good yet to give fair fights to the lower guys.

We also really apreciate it when people give feedback on why the turn down a fight or contract.

From personal experience as a Booker(matchmaker) I can tell you that it is acceptable to decline a fight but there are some things you need to know. First thing is don't muck around too long, there is nothing worse then trying to fill a card and someone is sitting on an offer for a week and you don't know weather or not you should offer it to someone else or wait longer. After about 3 or 4 days I start getting antsy but I'm not sure how others feel about this.

Communicate with the Booker. If you decline a fight let him know why, he may have another option for you.

If you need time to train and don't want a fight for a while just uncheck the "need a fight" box. You shouldn't get any offers unless the booker isn't paying attention.

The only way declining fights could hurt you is if you are unreasonable about it. For example if someone constantly rejected fair fights I probably would not want to resign them. Even if the booker does not handle contracts themselves they are likely to have a lot of influence with the one who does. A good booker won't send you unreasonable fights. Basically if you don't have an advantage in at least one of the 4 primaries I would reject the fight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As an org owner, I think you should check out the current roster and email the org owner before signing.

Once you have signed, there is nothing wrong with declining, but please, for the love of all things holy, give a reason when you decline! Without a reason, the org owner/matchmaker doesn't know if you want more training time, feel the matchup is unfair, or have another reason for declining.

You also need to be reasonable. Declining a fight that you feel you have next to no chance of winning is fine, but declining EVERY fight in which you are the underdog is not. There is no such thing as a 100% even matchup, so you need to take your turn as both the underdog and the favorite. If you demand favorable matchups each and every time, then other guys in the org are getting the short end of the stick.

I maintain a "decline" list for my org. I enter all declines (and non-responses), along with the reason given. This gives me a fair picture of what kind of fight each manager is looking for, and also helps me identify unreasonable managers and those who leave fight offers on the table for days at a time. This information is quite valuable when it comes time to negotiate a new contract.

• Upvote 1