There should be alterations made to leg kicks

I don't know if I'm the only one who has noticed this, as I rarely visit the forums, but I think leg kicks are a flaw of sort in this game. Too many times, I've seen fighters with inferior striking spam leg kicks repeatedly, throwing them at a higher frequency than their opponent can punch and consistently landing them with the highest accuracy of strikes. All the time, you see guys who throw single digit head/body punches and single digit head/body kicks and then crazy amounts of leg kicks.

Frankly, this is not realistic. A guy with competent/wonderful striking should not outstrike an opponent with exceptional/wonderful striking because they throw 40 leg kicks a round.

In my opinion:

1) leg kicks should not be thrown at the same speed as punches

2) kicks should take out much more cardio than punches: throwing 40 kicks a round should gas you out

3) if someone throws only one type of strike (even if its a head punch instead of a leg kick), their accuracy should decrease with their increasing predictability

Again, since I don't visit this forum, this could very well just be a problem I've happened to encounter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

http://youtu.be/tbtsr3_Ih60 UFC 154 Free Fight: Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz. Condit won 4 rounds to 1 with the use of leg kicks. He broke a record for most kicks landed in this fight. People say this fight was close but if you look at the strikes landed it was so one sided its funny. Fightmetrics stat page says it all. http://blog.fightmet...statistics.html
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are plenty of real life examples of fighters throwing mostly leg kicks. It is a great way to slow your opponent down and keep a shorter fighter at a distance. Also, if someone throws just one kind of strike in this game, it DOES decrease their accuracy.

The reason that leg kicks work so well is because a lot of managers neglect to train kicks early in their career. If you have the better overall striking, but I have wonderful kicks and you have useless kicks, how do you expect to defend against my leg kicks? Your striking defense can only help you so much. especially if I have the reach advantage and/or better physicals. People seem to understand that they need at least rudimentary punch technique, but they still ignore kicks and leave them at useless.

http://youtu.be/tbtsr3_Ih60 UFC 154 Free Fight: Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz. Condit won 4 rounds to 1 with the use of leg kicks. He broke a record for most kicks landed in this fight. People say this fight was close but if you look at the strikes landed it was so one sided its funny. Fightmetrics stat page says it all. http://blog.fightmet...statistics.html

I'm confused, are you supporting the OPs argument or against it? I would think supporting because Condit is an elite level striker who has awesome MT skills and his total was a bit over 60 leg kicks for that whole fight. The OP is talking about under developed strikers. Im pretty sure you are never going to see Rousimar Palhares or Chael Sonnen throw 40 leg kicks a round.

There are plenty of real life examples of fighters throwing mostly leg kicks. It is a great way to slow your opponent down and keep a shorter fighter at a distance. Also, if someone throws just one kind of strike in this game, it DOES decrease their accuracy.

The reason that leg kicks work so well is because a lot of managers neglect to train kicks early in their career. If you have the better overall striking, but I have wonderful kicks and you have useless kicks, how do you expect to defend against my leg kicks? Your striking defense can only help you so much. especially if I have the reach advantage and/or better physicals. People seem to understand that they need at least rudimentary punch technique, but they still ignore kicks and leave them at useless.

This is probably the reason they are successful. I would say the system was broken if it was working on fighters who had good kick skills. It should however work on people who have no kicking skills. Rampage Jackson comes to mind.

• Downvote 1

a lot of people think diaz should have won that fight btw, so probably not the best case for leg kick dominance. if fight metrics were such a great source of data then we could just do away with judges and use those. also, i hate to be that guy but....l2sliders

a lot of people think diaz should have won that fight btw, so probably not the best case for leg kick dominance. if fight metrics were such a great source of data then we could just do away with judges and use those. also, i hate to be that guy but....l2sliders

Thats the point of my post, a lot of ppl did think that Dias won the fight as he moved forward for 5 rounds but moving forward and missing shots while getting hit is not a good performance and not a close fight in my book. Dias also went for 5 takedowns in that fight and got one so he lost that battle also.

Dias did less damage, landed less shots kicks and punches, got 1-5 takedowns and around 30 failed clinch aattempts The fact that Condit broke a leg kick record in this fight does indeed show leg kick dominance.

I would go as far as to say that if this fight would have had more rounds Dias's leg would have given out. He was not even checking the kicks and that says a lot to the judges.

I don't think any neutral observer claims that Diaz won that fight. Diaz thinks he won that fight because Diaz is a fighter and fighters always think they won. When he decided to be a poor sport and whine about the decision in the post-fight interview, it just ignited the sea of Diaz fanboys who love nothing better than sucking Diaz cock. They followed his lead and whined that he won the fight, when in reality it wasn't even close. Condit dominated that fight.

• Upvote 1

Hehe, a thread about legkicks turns into a battle of diaz/condit fans ;)

I wouldn't exactly call it a battle. It is more of a one-sided slaughter. Diaz fans don't have a leg to stand on in this instance (pun 100% intended)

• Upvote 2

I don't know if I'm the only one who has noticed this, as I rarely visit the forums, but I think leg kicks are a flaw of sort in this game. Too many times, I've seen fighters with inferior striking spam leg kicks repeatedly, throwing them at a higher frequency than their opponent can punch and consistently landing them with the highest accuracy of strikes. All the time, you see guys who throw single digit head/body punches and single digit head/body kicks and then crazy amounts of leg kicks.

Frankly, this is not realistic. A guy with competent/wonderful striking should not outstrike an opponent with exceptional/wonderful striking because they throw 40 leg kicks a round.

In my opinion:

2) kicks should take out much more cardio than punches: throwing 40 kicks a round should gas you out

3) if someone throws only one type of strike (even if its a head punch instead of a leg kick), their accuracy should decrease with their increasing predictability

Again, since I don't visit this forum, this could very well just be a problem I've happened to encounter.

TBH i don't have a problem with seeing a lesser opponent out strike a better striker. if you won every fight just because you have higher primaries we may aswell just take the fights out of the game and make it a skills contest.

In my opinion:

This gets old. Every fighter has Elite punches in this game, and anyone who fights in another way, wether it be clinching, takedowns or kicks somehow needs nerfed?

- Someone with good kicks can land more, they have better range.

Fuck leg kicks, they're fine for the most part.

There needs to be an alteration to aggression in the clinch. You can have better wrestling and elite clinchwork but if you're set to aggression and your opponent is set more aggressive than you, than they will work you over like a little bitch in the clinch. Could be a hidden issue, but I seen it happen to a better manager and better fighter with better hiddens than mine, so I'm gonna say that the way the clinch is working is BS. The more aggressive fighter (when both fighters are set to aggression) isn't always the more successful.