Check this anti gun bullshit out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't see whats wrong with reaching common ground- ban military grade weapons and just keep it simple with small caliber hunting weapons (rifles, shotguns etc) and for self-defense pistols with limited amounts of rounds in them

What else can you do with an assault rifle besides go to the range and shoot it there? Why not just have the range have them available for rent only?

I live in MA so the laws are pretty strict I've taken the safety course and got my LTC but don't own a gun, pretty limited to what you can own here anyways

I don't see whats wrong with reaching common ground- ban military grade weapons and just keep it simple with small caliber hunting weapons (rifles, shotguns etc) and for self-defense pistols with limited amounts of rounds in them

What else can you do with an assault rifle besides go to the range and shoot it there? Why not just have the range have them available for rent only?

I live in MA so the laws are pretty strict I've taken the safety course and got my LTC but don't own a gun, pretty limited to what you can own here anyways

there are really no difference between them but looks, that's it really -- http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34120&page=1&do=findComment&comment=411663

ar's or as many like to say assault rifle (which isnt correct) has turned into the most common hunting rifle there is -- cause of the ability of the rifle and also being made to adapt to so many different calibers -- you can take one ar lower rifle and have up to 15 different caliber rifles by simply changing the upper for all kinds of different hunting needs from hunting small game like rabbits all the way up to hunting moose all out of the one lower unit

Defending the owning of assault rifles as hunting weapons is like saying "I dunno. I mean, he did insert his penis but I'd still say this was a domestic dispute".

Rifles, as is your standard rifle for hunting, is sport.

Owning a machine gun which is ore suited to the battlefield than hitting rabbits, is ridiculous.

I'd even say ban handguns for "protection". I'd prefer the odds that my house breaker DOESNT own a gun than my chance in a living room gunfight.

here is the list of different caliber you can shoot out of one ar15 lower unit buy just changing uppers -- this list isnt complete either now that you can shoot shotgun loads from an ar platform -- this is why it is so popular cause can hunt anything with it buy just changing uppers which is much cheaper than buying another gun for that hunting purpose

Standard Mil-Spec Bolt
.17 Remington
.17/223
.20 Tactical
.20 Practical
.20 Vartag
.204 Ruger
.221 Fireball
.222 Remington
.222 Remington Magnum
.223 Remington
.223 Remington Ackley Improved
6x45mm
6mm TCU
6x47mm
6mm Whisper
.25x45mm
6.5mm Whisper
7mm Whisper
7mm TCU
.300 Whisper (.300/221, .300 Fireball)
.300 AAC Blackout
.338 Whisper
5.56x45mm NATO

With Bolt Modification
20 LBC
22 LBC
243 LBC
264 LBC
223 WSSM
5.45x39mm (.21 Genghis)
243 WSSM
6mm PPC
6mm WOA
6mm BR Remington
6mm Hagar
6MM Turbo
6 BR
6 BRX
6X6.8
6.5mm PPC
6.5 WSSM
6.5 WOA
6.5mm Grendel
25 WSSM
6.8x43mm SPC
6.8 SPCII
.30 Herrett Rimless Tactical
7.62×25
7.62x39mm
.30 RAR
300 OSSM
.357 Auto
.35 Gremlin
.358 WSSM
.458 SOCOM
.50 Action Express
.50 Beowulf

Blowback Operation
.17 HMR
.17 HM2
.22 LR
.22 WMR
9x19mm
9×21
9×23
30 Carbine
357 Sig
40S&W
400 Cor-Bon
41 Action Express
10mm Auto
45 ACP
45 GAP
45 Super
45 Win Mag

Defending the owning of assault rifles as hunting weapons is like saying "I dunno. I mean, he did insert his penis but I'd still say this was a domestic dispute".

Rifles, as is your standard rifle for hunting, is sport.

Owning a machine gun which is ore suited to the battlefield than hitting rabbits, is ridiculous.

I'd even say ban handguns for "protection". I'd prefer the odds that my house breaker DOESNT own a gun than my chance in a living room gunfight.

who is talking about machine guns? -- guess you dont know much about guns -- ar15 are not machine guns, do they look like military machine guns? yes but they are not

For anyone besides the military (even for police) any type of gun that has automatic firing ability seems pretty pointless and dangerous, or ones that can take on large extended magazines and fire semi-auto. I mean how many rounds are you planning on firing at that deer in succession

From what it seems from your very knowledgeable opinion on guns which I respect PBR, would you say that the AR-15 is quite easy/feasible to customize to all sorts of firing capabilities?

I can't speak for everyone else, but personally I'm for a hard ban against all weapons that aren't explicitly made for sport, and then still regulate sports arms harshly. Even allowing the police to carry firearms is wholly unneccessary most of the time and iirc there's a direct correlation between armed police and police brutality.

Yes, that means I'm completely against handguns as self defense tool. Most standard issue handguns have enough stopping power to murder or severely maim other human beings with very little effort. If every Dick, Jack and Johnny doesn't have a gun burglars are ledd likely to carry them as well. There's ample evidence that a high availability of firearms leadd to more shootings.

Obviously it's still possible to acquire illegal firearms. The Utøya tragedy in 2011 shows us this. A hard ban on firearms makes it less neccessary, though. DoctorWho mentioned the Sandy Hook shooting as an example, but completely neglects to mention how US gun policies made the shooter's mom have available firearms in the first place.

For anyone besides the military (even for police) any type of gun that has automatic firing ability seems pretty pointless and dangerous, or ones that can take on large extended magazines and fire semi-auto. I mean how many rounds are you planning on firing at that deer in succession

From what it seems from your very knowledgeable opinion on guns which I respect PBR, would you say that the AR-15 is quite easy/feasible to customize to all sorts of firing capabilities?

yes but fully auto, machine gun type and automatic firing ability is not one of them -- ar15 is semi auto like any other hunting gun just like the ruger mini 14 rifle i posted in that post, which is / was the most popular sporting / hunting rifle ever made for its time -- they are the exact same guns period -- both can take any where from 10 round mags to 30 round mags -- both shoot the same ammo and at the same rate one bullet per trigger pull -- all this non-sense of machine gun or automatic fire is pure crap -- not one of these evil killing people had a machine gun, never, and the ar15 is not a machine gun -- a machine gun is you pull the trigger and it doesnt shot shooting till you let off the trigger or your out of ammo -- ar15's are not machine guns (i know you might know this or people that know guns or have messed with them but many dont and just think they are machine guns cause they look mean or bad like military but they are not military guns nor shoot like them)

who is talking about machine guns? -- guess you dont know much about guns -- ar15 are not machine guns, do they look like military machine guns? yes but they are not

I know they are weapons of nothing but violence and then people are surprised when people are violent with them.

I think they are awesome like any gun, but I just view people with ridiculous assault rifles and stuff as a big bunch of knobs on par with the guys who go to Spain and come back with flick knives.

all the talk of banning guns and texas just passed a new law as of jan 1st you can openly carry your firearm -- finally texas has joined 44 other states that allow open carry -- so as of now there is 45 or 46 states that allow you to openly carry you gun -- everyone cried yrs and yrs ago when states started passing these laws that it will be like the wild west -- well the opposite has happened no wild west like shootouts and actually crime rate dropped in the states -- although i will conceal mine most likely as i dont really care to openly carry i like the element of surprise

• Upvote 1

Honestly, America is too far gone for there to be Gun Control or a Gun Ban.

There are people who will openly stand against any form of control of their firearms, and it's kind of hard to talk a guy like that into just giving it up, as you get the usual "I need to protect myself" argument. Yeah, you can compare them to other countries which have gun control, but unfortunately, a Gun Control/Ban law would literally leave the people who agree with it defenceless when it comes to the crazy nutbags with the guns. I am for Gun Control, as I think it is something that should be in every country, but America is too far gone, and they have too stubborn a mentality for it to be feasible.

Heck, I live in Ireland where even our police are known as "An Garda Siochana" which literally means "The Guardians of the Peace", and they are not legally allowed to carry firearms. You know how much deaths via Guns there are in Ireland? 209 over a four year period. From 2010 to 2014. Now, that is still a figure that is too high in my opinion, as that works out at just over 1 death per week via Firearm, but compared to a country like USA, which has nearly 6,000 in 2015 alone, and it is a measly figure. Even when you do a comparison of Deaths per Population, Ireland is still only 0.0045%. Now remember, that is over a 4 year period. In America, it is around the 0.002% mark, and that is just for 2015 alone which is a mere 6 month period so far.

Gun Control works, that is proven in most countries. I think one of Erik's pictures previously showed Mexico as the main exception to this rule in regards to Guns possessed compared to Gun Deaths per 100k. The only issue is, America has made Gun Ownership a part of their very foundation, and people have grown up with it, to the point that they feel they are putting their own lives at risk by removing their guns, in the event someone who still possesses a gun happens to be in a situation where they can kill them.

Unfortunately, there are some people who use these people's genuine concerns to boost their own call, with simple shit like "They can't take my guns! I like my guns!" where they don't actually think of the bigger picture, and only think from a selfish point of view.

Personally, I do think Gun Control is something that should have been implemented a long ass time ago, but unfortunately, it is a case of too much opposition caused by it being a part of American culture as it seems.

The right to bear arms though referred to muskets yes? Which could take down maybe a person every 2 minutes if you were quick and a good shot haha. And it was in a time where the U.S was a new nation and had literally been founded because of the Revolutionary War. People don't understand how history has changed and technology to where we are an established nation with weapons of mass destruction etc.

Thanks for clarifying too PBR, I've held an AR during the safety course and it had a bunch of features on it never shot one though (only have been to the range a couple times- magnum, beretta, .22 rifle nothing crazy)

If it is such a popular rifle for hunting now as you say it is maybe limiting the capacity (I'm sure has been done in many states), the FPS, increase time it takes to reload somehow mechanically etc.