Project Fighters With No Hype

WarMachine

I've just rejected a fight with one of my champs against a 4-0 project.

The project is 161000 I'd and my guy is 167000 I'd.

Ok it 6000 difference so not much age difference but this is where I get pissed off.

My guy has fought 15 times since he was created, had numerous fights where his energy goes to zero meaning I have to take a weeks out from training where as mr project fighter keeps training and gaining.

So he has a problem, he can't fight the bottom of the ladder with his exceptional, remarkable, sensational, black belt. Because they'll reject and my compotent, remarkable, exceptional, black belt aint fighting him because its a no brainer he is better and is going to win. I know its no guarantee but I'm sick of building my guys hype and getting presented with a project who beats me and takes my hype.

People are going on about QFC orgs killing this game but this bull shit is worse in my opinion.

Not that I care because I'm determined I'm not taking this fight but what would you do if you spent ages building your guy in an I'd restricted org to be presented with a 4-0 project who's clearly better, not even but a lot better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 15

What are the respective P4P rankings? Especially being the champion, that is your only potentially justifiable reason for declining in my view.

Yes, his skill level may be higher than yours (certainly no guarantee, though, as you're trying to base your argument on just the four primaries that you can see rather than knowing with certainty the levels of the other 17 skills, or the hiddens).

The corollary to the potential difference in skills is that your guy is likely to be much more experienced due to his greater number of figs, and this will help to even out the difference as the experience effectively acts as though increasing your relative skill level (confirmed by Mike himself recently).

Unless you're risking a massive amount of hype then I think you should certainly take the fight.

Is it fair for projects to sign to I'd restricted orgs? I think its pretty bad.

They than beat everyone and go to a bigger org, get big pay days with their hype.

The org is left with fighters who's hype has gone and lose out.

Don't get why the org would think signing a fighter like that would be in its best interest because its not.

• Downvote 8

You got the champ and the 4-0 guy is the next highest hyped fighter. You got a big experience edge which might be enough to overcome his skill advantage. Looks like you beat most everyone in that division already anyway, maybe it's time to move on. I'd tell the org that you'll fight the project if he beats one more guy, then you train up in the meantime.

• Upvote 3

If the other guy would have earned the shot at your champ - who looks like a real company man who also fought some tough wars there - by climbing the ranks in the org in 2-3 fights, i'd say definitly take it... but, while him being the highest hyped guy next to yours, it's his freakin' first fight in the org. In all fairness to the org, maybe your guy just grew to big h/p wise for his div and they just have probs to fill the gap.

For a second I thought I was the subject (yeah I'm getting matador-ed in the ID orgs because I went all project) lol. Serves me right, I suppose I thought the ID orgs would have a whole bunch of projects.

I understand your line of thinking, but I think it's a winnable fight. I would be willing to bet he has no tdd, as evidenced by the single takedown attempt against him was succesful--and this is the type of build I would expect to have little to no tdd. You guys are pretty even on the mat.

Like I said, I understand your thinking, but then again, you had no problem beating up on feeble/respectable/wonderful/purple belt in your last bout who had the same hype/pop as the opponent you're currently being matched up with.now.

• Upvote 9

Welcome to the real world. Where fighters get private training and get unleashed to kill the guys who were killing noobs.

The org in question i currently have two of my projects in there. Ones at 170 (i really need to move him upto 185 tho) and a 265er. At this age in the development ground guys will tool most strikers. So the strikers go into private training and learn how to defend the takedown and get there wrestling up so they can compete.

I would of taken the super fight against the 170lb champ but I turned that down because I wanted to train my guys stand up more so on that note I was a bit of a prick but that's the only fight left for me, its best I train my guy a bit more and move to a middle tier org which suits my skills and hype.

I don't like building hype for others to steal. If I lose fair and square I'm not bothered, I lose plenty in QFCT but because I know where all equal I'm not bothered. I know I'm only getting placed against people with the same hype as me.

• Downvote 7

My last opponent was a stand up fighter so get that right swan song. I've got no problem if someone is better that's not the point I'm making. I'm making the point that I've had 15 fights, I have to stop to gain energy for fight than I have to stop training once I've fought where as this guy has had 4 fights so non stop training, he is going to be better than me.

I get experince helps but I doubt experiece is gonna stop me getting ktfo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I would of taken the super fight against the 170lb champ but I turned that down because I wanted to train my guys stand up more so on that note I was a bit of a prick but that's the only fight left for me, its best I train my guy a bit more and move to a middle tier org which suits my skills and hype.

I don't like building hype for others to steal. If I lose fair and square I'm not bothered, I lose plenty in QFCT but because I know where all equal I'm not bothered. I know I'm only getting placed against people with the same hype as me.

You do know that come next week that Vlad will be the next Welterweight Champ. He is one of those guys you were talking about that got a lot of training in.

Fighting 15 times was your own choice, though.

Look at the U21 championships we had recently. Almost every top guy had a bunch of fights coming into that tournament.

My last opponent was a stand up fighter so get that right swan song. I've got no problem if someone is better that's not the point I'm making. I'm making the point that I've had 15 fights, I have to stop to gain energy for fight than I have to stop training once I've fought where as this guy has had 4 fights so non stop training, he is going to be better than me.

I get experince helps but I doubt experiece is gonna stop me getting ktfo.

Yeah, true he has some dynamite hands :yawn: , should have mentioned that feeble boxing prowess from the get-go.

The point stands, you have no problem smashing a can, until you're the can.

What are you going to do, switch organizations every-time you run into someone better than you, or someone who doesn't have your same philosophy of fighting from the get-go? I'm just saying, you're going to run into these "projects" a lot, and you can't avoid them forever. So either you're gong to have to find an org that doesn't allow them, take some time off until you feel adequate, or just decline offers left and right. Best of luck.

• Upvote 2

not trying to make Funky mad here but lets be honest you want Aoki to be the best in the world at his weight class and you not willing to lose that possibility lets go back to your two fight stint in HMMA where you lied about facing easy guys you went and told me that this person and that person and that one who were all easy wins for you wanted the fight and to find out they didnt at all, i was very happy to not have to deal with that anymore after that, you even went as far as to say that you wanted to test your striking ability against one of the worst strikers with no ground game in the division you said again he asked for the fight and when i offered the reply was WTF is wrong with you thats an awful matchup ! lol. So i created a can for you to beat for you to test your striking against and you again lied and took my can to the ground and tapped him out (which i had created as BJJ guy no black belt like yours was though) with the feeling you would lie again and try to take the fight to the ground.

In other words all the shady stuff you have done with Akoi and you react like you are now.....

Here is what i would do i would either defend my title or if you feel really like you want him to have more hype before the fight then set up a super fight with maybe another champ and let him take another fight or two then face you. Stop crying that someone has better skills and is matched up against you man up and fight!

• Upvote 4