List your top 5 video games of all time

Lockdown

I really love games where you can make choices and decisions that will effect the rest of the game. I especially love the Fallout series, Fallout 3 is one of the best games I've ever played. Recently I also played The Walking Dead Game, and I REALLY recommend that to everyone. Can you guys recommend any similar games to me? (I've played Skyrim too, so not that :P)

But all that being said, Metal Gear Solid is my favourite game series. The plot and gameplay is just amazing.

Mass effect might be for you and dragon age origins

Indeed.

Civ isn't just a military game because you can win without ever going to war.

Personally I prefer Civ 4, with all the greater strategic elements (religion, espionage, diplomacy, culture), but for someone more interested in the military side of the game probably Civ 3 was simpler and better balanced.

I didn't buy Civ 5 yet, but from what I have read it has dumbed-down quite a lot. The military side of the game has improved (with hexagonal map areas and other changes) but they have cut out many of the complexities of managing your unique culture. The news I get from Civ fan sites is that 5 is simplified: more like a console game than a PC game.

If you buy 3 or 4 make sure you get a copy that includes the expansions (Warlords for 3, Beyond the sword for 4).

So is it like sword and shield stuff or is it a bit like empire earth where you can advance from cavemen to futuristic laser quaser

I forgot to mention Mass Effect, I loved that game so much, until the ending of course. Haven't tried Dragon Age, so that might be worth a shot.

I found ME 2the best the first had flaws and the third improved combat at the expense of many other stuff but dragon age the first one is made by the same people as mass effect abd is better i fpund the second one really bad but its definatley worth buying

So is it like sword and shield stuff or is it a bit like empire earth where you can advance from cavemen to futuristic laser quaser

More like Empire Earth but at a much more slow pace. I liked Empire Earth a lot actually, but it was basically an RTS that simply advanced you through the ages. Civ is TBS and a much more robust game in general. You can win without going to war, although I almost always got to war at least once even if it is only to defend myself against other nations.

Not meaning to put down those kind of games down too much, but Civ is the "Grown up" and realistic game of this type.

Also, if you are into it, it is very easy to create maps, scenarios and custom nations/leaders/units etc with nothing more than some careful editing.

Not meaning to put down those kind of games down too much, but Civ is the "Grown up" and realistic game of this type.

Also, if you are into it, it is very easy to create maps, scenarios and custom nations/leaders/units etc with nothing more than some careful editing.

no i played those games when i was a teen so. But i was more askin what age was it set in? but i have since found out its all ages

Agreed on Civ 4 > Civ 3. I played the hell out of Civ 3 and thought it couldn't be topped, took me a while to get into Civ 4 but once it was finally finished with the expansions it was a better fleshed out game, although combat was still a little crappy...

Agreed on Civ 4 > Civ 3. I played the hell out of Civ 3 and thought it couldn't be topped, took me a while to get into Civ 4 but once it was finally finished with the expansions it was a better fleshed out game, although combat was still a little crappy...

That was the part that made me sad... I am a war God when I play tat game typically, and some of the crap they pulled with the rule changes made me rather upset... Don't get me wrong, I still played the Hell out of that game, but was really annoyed by some of the shit they did with combat.

We should play Civ3. A tycoon game. I have the disk right here. The huge earth map on Civ3 is the best ever. I Iove epic games.

We should play Civ3. A tycoon game. I have the disk right here. The huge earth map on Civ3 is the best ever. I Iove epic games.

It's a long time since I played 3 but I can tell you a better map than anything that comes with the game. Do a search for "Marla Singer's Earth Map". It is absolutely gigantic and really well done. Doesn't work with 4 unfortunately :(

More like Empire Earth but at a much more slow pace. I liked Empire Earth a lot actually, but it was basically an RTS that simply advanced you through the ages. Civ is TBS and a much more robust game in general. You can win without going to war, although I almost always got to war at least once even if it is only to defend myself against other nations.

Empire Earth was pretty fun! I never got around to buying the expansion with the laser age or whatever, but I remember going from clubmen and Samsons in the stone age to bigass robots with special laser abilities being pretty awesome.

Anyone ever play Rise of Nations?

I forgot to mention Mass Effect, I loved that game so much, until the ending of course. Haven't tried Dragon Age, so that might be worth a shot.

I enjoyed Fallout New Vegas a lot more than Fallout 3. Both great games.

I loved Mass Effect. 1, 2, and 3. The ending didn't bother me at all even though it could of been a little better, I waited for the extended cut, so didn't see the original disappointment. I usually wait at least a month or two before I get a game, just so they have time to patch some things up and fix obvious bugs. Didn't play ME3 for at least 6-8 months after it's release, whenever the extended cut of the ending came out. My favorite game series of all time.

Dragon Age 2 is a great one - there's also Dragon Age: Origins which is #1 of the series, Dragon Age III comes out some time this year. It's made by Bioware so it's like a Skyrim themed version of Mass Effect. The character interaction/choices affecting outcomes is great. Your dialogue choices in DA2 change the tone of your characters voice (sarcastic, blunt/direct, kind/friendly, shit like that).

If character customization doesn't mean jack to you, The Witcher 2 is a pretty badass game if you can survive the first 20-30 minutes. The story, the choices, dialogue, cinematic cut scenes, Bethseda and Bioware really should take a few pages out of their playbook to improve Fallout/Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect/Dragon Ages.

Marla Singer's Earth Map". I have played it many times, great map.

If character customization doesn't mean jack to you, The Witcher 2 is a pretty badass game if you can survive the first 20-30 minutes. The story, the choices, dialogue, cinematic cut scenes, Bethseda and Bioware really should take a few pages out of their playbook to improve Fallout/Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect/Dragon Ages.

The Witcher 2, despite being a reasonable game in terms of choices and dialogue, can't carry the original Witchers bags.

It's almost like they tried to get rid of the fun stuff from the first Witcher: the innovative combat system, the humorous womanising Geralt, and the cryptic "who are my enemies really" storyline. I can't think of any part in that game where you could really fuck things up like you could in the first one.

Empire Earth was pretty fun! I never got around to buying the expansion with the laser age or whatever, but I remember going from clubmen and Samsons in the stone age to bigass robots with special laser abilities being pretty awesome.

Anyone ever play Rise of Nations?

I played Empire Earth 2 but not the expansions. I bought EE3 but my computer told me to go fuck myself... it was woefully underpowered for that game, so I took it back and bought something else... I forget what.

I never played Rise of Nations.

I enjoyed Fallout New Vegas a lot more than Fallout 3. Both great games.

I loved Mass Effect. 1, 2, and 3. The ending didn't bother me at all even though it could of been a little better, I waited for the extended cut, so didn't see the original disappointment. I usually wait at least a month or two before I get a game, just so they have time to patch some things up and fix obvious bugs. Didn't play ME3 for at least 6-8 months after it's release, whenever the extended cut of the ending came out. My favorite game series of all time.

Dragon Age 2 is a great one - there's also Dragon Age: Origins which is #1 of the series, Dragon Age III comes out some time this year. It's made by Bioware so it's like a Skyrim themed version of Mass Effect. The character interaction/choices affecting outcomes is great. Your dialogue choices in DA2 change the tone of your characters voice (sarcastic, blunt/direct, kind/friendly, shit like that).

I've heard great things about The Witcher and that's something I want to try, so I'll probably buy it this weekend.

About the Mass Effect ending, the extended cut made it a bit better yeah, but I still felt disappointed. Any of the choices I made in the past two games didn't matter in the end at all. Before Mass Effect 3 came out, I played the two previous games again and again so I could make the "right" decisions and choices to effect the ending of the last game. So getting that ending just felt disappointing.

Wish they had an MMORPG in the Mass Effect Universe. Love the lore of Mass Effect. Bioware is making a Mass Effect 4 and I think it is the end of the Shephard story...which is fine by me. (They should of never destroyed the Mass Relays) Now everyone is prevented from travelling to distant clusters and systems. Wouldn't mind playing as Garrus in ME4. Wonder what they will do with the story now.

I played Empire Earth 2 but not the expansions. I bought EE3 but my computer told me to go fuck myself... it was woefully underpowered for that game, so I took it back and bought something else... I forget what.

I never played Rise of Nations.

Wait, are you telling me there's an EE 2 and 3?

Jesus now my weekend is gone.

I've heard great things about The Witcher and that's something I want to try, so I'll probably buy it this weekend.

About the Mass Effect ending, the extended cut made it a bit better yeah, but I still felt disappointed. Any of the choices I made in the past two games didn't matter in the end at all. Before Mass Effect 3 came out, I played the two previous games again and again so I could make the "right" decisions and choices to effect the ending of the last game. So getting that ending just felt disappointing.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I was content with the ending, despite the flaws you just pointed out. They could of done a much better job on it, true, but it seems most games these days have very disappointing "cheap" endings. I loved how Fallout New Vegas ends, the slide show, it would just be much better if it was a cinematic slide show instead of pictures with a narrative.

The Witcher 2 is a pretty badass game, you can get sucked into the storyline and character interaction. There's some obvious flaws, and things I find a bit silly (I'm not big on "magic" and shit like that). I never played the original Witcher though.

Witcher 2 cinematic. Only reason I pushed through the first 30 minutes of gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYrm9kRzWs

Wish they had an MMORPG in the Mass Effect Universe. Love the lore of Mass Effect. Bioware is making a Mass Effect 4 and I think it is the end of the Shephard story...which is fine by me. (They should of never destroyed the Mass Relays) Now everyone is prevented from travelling to distant clusters and systems. Wouldn't mind playing as Garrus in ME4. Wonder what they will do with the story now.

Shepard's story ends with ME3. He might appear in ME4 but they're not even sure if they will call it ME4. They're thinking about making it in the First Contact War, like a prequal of ME. I would personally hope they made it about 10-15 years after the events in ME3 but depending on 1 of the 3 choices your Shepard made at the end - that could make it extremely difficult to design around. Playing the son of Shepard would be cool, but I'm pretty sure they're going in a complete different character direction and I'm fine with that. Long as he's as badass as the original Shepard and they let me shoot the bad guys in the middle of their conversation or evil rants. I wish they'd push it to the edge with the Adult Theme, like The Witcher 2. Bloody deaths, hookers, tits, and full frontal bush, but they mentioned that it was really hard to work under EA.

i dont think ME4 is end of shepards story i thought ME3 did that well in mine he died. it would be call if they did the rachni wars or something

I meant their won't be a Shepard in 4, ME3 basically ended him, unless you picked Red. I choose Synthesis , so he died :(. (Even though he survive in one of the choices).

A prequel would be cool though.

I just never want to see Tali again. I don't know what happened to her in ME3, since she got killed at the end of my ME2 :) I didn't even bother to go back to my ME2 save file and replay it so she could survive. She was the most annoying ME character