List your top 5 video games of all time

Lockdown

I rarely play video games anymore, and looking at these list I can safely say I have no clue what most of them are. GTA and Madden may be the few I have heard of.

But when I did play, I would have went with this

1. Scar face

2. Midnight club (dub edition)

3. EA sports games madden,basketball,baseball,hockey etc.

4. GTA

5. There is a fifth I'm sure but these are the only I can remember at this time.

1. Metal Gear Solid (PS1) - This type of game was a first for me, and it really turned me into a gamer. I had fun playing similiar games, like Syphon Filter, Splinter Cell, but none ever got close to MGS. The story and characters were a lot of fun, and can't wait for the next one to come out.

2. Hidden and Dangerous 2 (PC) - The first shooter I played online with a friend. Being into WW2, this game really brought a lot of fun stuff to the table. It wasn't a polished game, and stil had bugs/explots, but it sure got me more into PC gaming and online shooters.

3. Mafia 2 (PS3) - I wasn't sure what to expect from this when I got it, but I loved the story, the graphics, the era. Only downside of this game was that you could complete it in a good 8 to 10 hours and there were not much side missions .

4. Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Probably the first game I spend tons of time in just going around and messing about since GTA 3. It had a fun story, cool missions and so much to offer on the side. Hope to see a new part in the series

5. Battlefield 3 / Skyrim / Uncharted series (PS3) - Battlefield 3 was the last shooter I played hardcore on the console, no shooter since was as fun to me as that one. Skyrim, just one hell of a game and got to name drop it. The Uncharted series.. I bought the first one because I was bored as hell and wanted to try something new. Quickly it reminded me of the Tomb Raider days on PS1, yet a lot better. Great stories in all the games, fun character, and always amazing graphics.

1. Metal Gear Solid (PS1) - This type of game was a first for me, and it really turned me into a gamer. I had fun playing similiar games, like Syphon Filter, Splinter Cell, but none ever got close to MGS. The story and characters were a lot of fun, and can't wait for the next one to come out.

2. Hidden and Dangerous 2 (PC) - The first shooter I played online with a friend. Being into WW2, this game really brought a lot of fun stuff to the table. It wasn't a polished game, and stil had bugs/explots, but it sure got me more into PC gaming and online shooters.

3. Mafia 2 (PS3) - I wasn't sure what to expect from this when I got it, but I loved the story, the graphics, the era. Only downside of this game was that you could complete it in a good 8 to 10 hours and there were not much side missions .

4. Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Probably the first game I spend tons of time in just going around and messing about since GTA 3. It had a fun story, cool missions and so much to offer on the side. Hope to see a new part in the series

5. Battlefield 3 / Skyrim / Uncharted series (PS3) - Battlefield 3 was the last shooter I played hardcore on the console, no shooter since was as fun to me as that one. Skyrim, just one hell of a game and got to name drop it. The Uncharted series.. I bought the first one because I was bored as hell and wanted to try something new. Quickly it reminded me of the Tomb Raider days on PS1, yet a lot better. Great stories in all the games, fun character, and always amazing graphics.

Red dead redemption was that the one with the zombies in it, if so that is my #5

Scarface was a solid game. I might try and pick that up on ebay actually. Is it on PSN by any chance? I was also a huge fan of Dub Edition but the music was absolute shite haha.

I remember being shit scared of MGS 1 when my brother played it. Now MGS is my favourite franchise of all time and my brother can't stand it.

Love the Mafia games as well. I loved the first one as well which not too many played.

Scarface was a solid game. I might try and pick that up on ebay actually. Is it on PSN by any chance? I was also a huge fan of Dub Edition but the music was absolute shite haha.

I remember being shit scared of MGS 1 when my brother played it. Now MGS is my favourite franchise of all time and my brother can't stand it.

Love the Mafia games as well. I loved the first one as well which not too many played.

Yeah I had my own music downloaded for my Xbox 360 at the time so I didn't listen to there game tracks on dub edition.

As for scar face not sure if it's on PSN but I know they made some for WII which I bought a few years ago. I think I may have to play it now it's been some time.

1. GTA: San Andreas - Way ahead of it's time and if Rockstar ever figures out how to make something similar on next gen..........

2. Red Dead Redemption - Another magnificent open world game by Rockstar......can't wait for the next one

3. Call of Duty: Black Ops - actually enjoyed the storyline, unfortunately the online play has never been the same since

4. MLB The Show - Easily one of the best sports games period, probably the only sports game that plays true to the sport

5. Age of Empires II - The first one was ok, the third was terrible, but the second I can sit and play everyday

Yeah I loved that one, something about the Wild West and zombies. A match made in hell.

Rumors going around that they are working on another one that is supposed to release in the next year or two.

True.....but it's the anticipation of getting there??

The missions were alright. Not exactly like they were so amazing that when you get there it was incredible. A few good enough missions though. Ending was great (pre-random character at the end).

One thing that did annoy me was "Here is tour tutorial to do all the boring shit at the start" - "Here is your crazy hunt for Bill Williamson" - "Here is the end of the g....actually wait no do some more of the boring shit from the start again".

1. GTA: San Andreas or V - Both are awesome and have given me endless hours of joy.

2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - I loved all 3 modern warfare games but this one was the one that got me interested in COD.

3. Resident Evil 4 - Those guys with chainsaws always scarred the crap out of my cousin and I.

4. WWE Smackdown: Here comes the pain - The best WWE game ever in my opinion.

5. Super Smash Bros. 64 - Not many games ever tested me as much as this one. Great times with friends and family though.

^Those who don't just like to be "different". They're the kind of guys who think COD is the worst game of all time and wouldn't never touch a sports game if you paid them.

GTA was never for me, though I could see the merit in it, if you're a frustrated 12 year old.

COD sucks.

Licensed sports games are virtually always clunky and dull.

Come at me bro.

To update my original list while I'm here...

Warcraft 2 (Battle.net edition for PC)

Team Fortress II (PC)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

Fire Emblem (GBA)

Honourable Mentions: Civilization IV and V, Golden Sun I and II, Diablo II (and LoD), Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (PC)

A huge amount of Age of Empires. I liked that game a lot, but i never thought so many people ranked it in their top 5.

It's a classic. Pretty much the reason I started to get into PC and strategy games

Although you're hipster enough for your selections, the use of the word "licensed" is the most hipsterish bit about here. You're like the guys who used to tell everyone that FIFA and Pro Evo was terrible and that This Is Football is the way to go :D

Pretty sure all of those are shit too!

I was more thinking games like the Punch-Out!! series, a bunch of arcade stuff, and some older racing games.

how are his game picks 'hipster' though, they're (mostly) all classics

Didn't you hear Mannetosen, games that require more thought than shoot, take cover, and tea bag are for hipsters.