I see changes skills

tp61503

Yupp, they're supposed to take place on Monday. i guess we get to spread the points then too...

Btw, anyone have an idea which kind of coach is best to train these? BJJ and Wrestling double elites I guess.

Transitions is self explanatory, transitions will link to the slider advance position.

Escapes? Isn't that just defensive grappling?

To escape a submission or is it escape from the bottom to standing?

If it's to escape submission holds then defensive grappling may be relegated to just being able to stop the opponents transitions.

This is going to mean that Grapplers are going to take longer to build, I think we are going to see another era of the Chuck Liddel build very soon.

What are others thoughts?

about the chuck liddell build, i think it's a toss up. remember... strikers will also need one of the new skills.

i say, let's see how it plays out before making any predictions.

about the chuck liddell build, i think it's a toss up. remember... strikers will also need one of the new skills.

i say, let's see how it plays out before making any predictions.

definitely. I think it's possible that strikers who don't invest in these skills might find themselves at a serious disadvantage on the ground.

does anyone know if transitions/escapes are going to be involved in the clinch game. I would think to some degree they would be able to.... but that may just be clinchwork in itself I suppose...

With the changes. It will be a time of these elite builds and waiting them just to die off before the new builds will come through. Which could take upto a year or two to do. This is in no way a bad thing. I actually like the idea of it but i do not enjoy the fact it will be a transitioning period. It will mean hiddens have a less of a role as you can no longer create the perfect fighter. Gameplanning will come into effect. Having to train your fighter in other skills at the same time.

Now the way i would do it is that over time your learning speed does not decrease. With a cap on the skills and the way Mike described it this could mean a phase of the game coming up where it will truly emulate real life. You do not learn things slower as you get older. With the physicals yes you do not gain them over time but the fact is your guy will get them decreasing by the time he is in his 30's at some point may it be in the mid 30's i don't really think its a horrible idea.

All of this will prolly happen over the next year or two when the 30 year old now a days start to decline and decay. Hopefully though it will not take as long to build the projects up with the learning speed not decreasing and keeping the user base as it is the now and maybe who knows a few older members will come back as it won't be as time consuming as it was before. Building your fighter will be a huge part of the game instead of trying to make your guy amazing at everything they will be a gap in his game that can be exploited. Hiddens will not be as big a part of the game as it is the now. You can then maybe be able to slider your way out of having a iffy chin or a bleeder by the way you build your fighter or have the chance to change him once you find that out. Instead of wasting 6 months it will be a quicker transition to make him a different type of fighter.

I do still think grapplers will be a disadvantage. I would like to see the need for kicks and punches to defend kicks and punches nerf'd a bit. Not completely but maybe make it more to do with the primes than the seconds. Like if your guy has 0 MT and 0 Kicks yeah he should be punted to death but if he has say superb or remarkable then maybe he can defend an elite strikers kick and punches a little bit better than they do the now. The sliders for the counter grapple means that yes if they miss you may get the takedown but problem is if you cannot defend the kicks or punches you are screwed and you won't get the chance to counter.

The more i type about it the more excited i do actually get about the changes if they are done this way. Before Deamus left he said the reason for him leaving was that he enjoyed building a fighter more than he enjoyed fighting with them. Maybe now he will come back and others who said the same thing because they won't be any more triple elites kicking about. Double elites yes i can see them about but they will have a huge hole in there arsenal which could be exploited.

As a whole the thing could be a big success or a big disaster. We just need to see what happens and give it a chance. at least if it is a disaster Mike is the kind of guy who can tweak it and fix it. I just think it will take a bit of time to fix.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I dunno if someone has given the answer to this but are pops for secondaries going to happen quicker now that there are two more to train? or is it just gonna be the same pops speed with more training to do?

This is going to mean that Grapplers are going to take longer to build, I think we are going to see another era of the Chuck Liddel build very soon.

What are others thoughts?

Absolutely the opposite. If you think that, you should probably re-read the discussion on the tickers replacement thread (if you are interested in actually finding out, rather than throwing out absurd opinions).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I asked if someone could explain the new changes goat acre in one of these threads because I didn't understand and all I got was - d for it. I still don't get it. All I was asking is if grapplers will take longer to build because they too will need transitions and escapes against other bjj fighters hence taking longer to build. I don't think I'm wrong in saying that, if you have to train up 2 new skills of course to going to take longer. That's all I'm saying.

It's like Muay Thai, it has the most skills to train up hence popping slower and taking longer to build.

Sow me how I am wrong and I will accept I'm wrong.

• Downvote 2

My understanding is escapes governs your fighters ability to get back to his feet. If I am right than grapplers can generally skimp on that skill.

Transitions will govern your ability to advance or defend advances on the ground, both strikers and grapplers will need to train this up.

See nothing gets explained properly. Who knows what the new changes are. We all just guess. Mr T is the only one who knows.

Escapes to me mean escaping a submission. If my my BJJ Black belt is getting beaten on by mr GSP how am I going to defend that? Transision or escape?

What's def grap going to be used for?

Who knows, again we all just guess.

• Downvote 5