Retired Fighters: Not taking up a fighter slot

Rambo

I haven't implemented anything about seeing hiddens yet but we'll do that fairly soon.

when that's done will we be able to see the fighters hiddens who we have retired to the Bahamas as i got a couple of guys that want to move out there but i also want to see their hiddens b4 they go

Most of this is explained on the wiki - don't be scared of clicking the i, guys ;)

As for seeing hiddens - you will ONLY be able to see them if you retire your guys to the Bahamas. You won't be able to see their hiddens if they are retired and still on your roster, because you could un-retire from there.

Issues I have with retiring to the Bahamas:

It removes them from the MMATycoon Hall of Fame page (Fidel Puno, Barack Lesnar, YB Sol, etc)

I would really like to be able to perma-retire somebody, and still have that fighter appear on "my roster alumni". Without the only evidence of him existing being me finding his name on the long list of fighters I have cut.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/sfmwp13/retiredfighters_zps9eb3b654.jpg

Obviously poor paint skills, but it can easily be organized into something a lot better, more convenient, and memorable for the retired fighter. I changed the P4P rank into Highest Rank.

• Upvote 2

Issues I have with retiring to the Bahamas:

It removes them from the MMATycoon Hall of Fame page (Fidel Puno, Barack Lesnar, YB Sol, etc)

I would really like to be able to perma-retire somebody, and still have that fighter appear on "my roster alumni". Without the only evidence of him existing being me finding his name on the long list of fighters I have cut.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/sfmwp13/retiredfighters_zps9eb3b654.jpg

Obviously poor paint skills, but it can easily be organized into something a lot better, more convenient, and memorable for the retired fighter. I changed the P4P rank into Highest Rank.

i like the look of that and may be the retired fighters could be a drop down menu like what is in use for training

• Upvote 1

Very cool. I'll definitely be using this option eventually. Hopefully we can get the retired fighters listed on the main page like Karter suggested.

That's exactly how they will be displayed within a week or so. We're adding a HOF option for managers, so you will add your own previous fighters to your HOF via the bottom of the myfighters page, then they will appear just where that photoshopped image shows them, but only the ones you want to display there.

As for it removing people from the overal HOF. That's annoying but I haven't had time to fix it yet - don't retire anyone that used to be p4p #1 yet - I'll get that sorted in about 10 days or so. I remember it being annoyingly complicated to figure out when I had a look at it about a year ago.

• Upvote 5

That's exactly how they will be displayed within a week or so. We're adding a HOF option for managers, so you will add your own previous fighters to your HOF via the bottom of the myfighters page, then they will appear just where that photoshopped image shows them, but only the ones you want to display there.

As for it removing people from the overal HOF. That's annoying but I haven't had time to fix it yet - don't retire anyone that used to be p4p #1 yet - I'll get that sorted in about 10 days or so. I remember it being annoyingly complicated to figure out when I had a look at it about a year ago.

Sounds great, looking forward to this and I'm glad retired fighters no longer take up a space on the fighters list.

• Upvote 1

From the way the wiki is written, it seems like we cannot use a perma-retired guy as a personal assistant. Is this correct?

To be honest, while I would love it if PAs didn't take up a spot, it really isn't that big of a deal since they only take up one slot. Maybe after corner men come in and we might be wasting multiple spots on PAs and corner men, it will be more of an issue. However, for now, I'm just happy to have the perma-retire option. Thanks very much, Mike.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've read the wiki a couple of times, but still not sure. Would we be able to put past guys we sacked, no one picked up, and now in Bahamas in our HoF? It seems like you wouldve had to go thru the forced Bahamas route, but wanted to make sure.

About PAs - PAs, should continue to take a slot. Perma retired guys shouldnt be able to be used for anything. Think that was the tradeoff for manager being able to use the slot again.

• 2 months later...

I don't like retiring fighters in general. I want fighters to get sent onto the FA list until nobody wants them anymore.

So if you want to keep a fighter and stop someone else having him, for whatever sentimental reason, I want there to be a proper pro vs con, not just a dollar. Yeah we could have e.g. 2 retirement slots or something but then people would go "I want to retire more than 2 guys" and we'd have another mess to sort out.

Yes there is also the issue with unretiring to avoid skill loss and the point about cycling fighters in / out of retirement to save slots.

Fundamentally though, there's the issue that I need this place to make more money than it does. I earn about the same as you would working in McDonalds at the moment and that's not enough. I should really be earning about £40k a year by now, if I was in some corporate job, not £15k. I don't want to raise the price of basic VIP (which really should go up $1 per year just for inflation) so I want people to buy the exta fighter slots if they want to retire someone. If we can get the game earning more money then sure, we can have free retirement slots. At the moment though, I need the money it generates and I prefer to try and bring in that extra income with stuff that's a choice, not force people to pay it.

N.B. I would be more than happy to hear ideas about what sort of things people would be happy to pay an extra dollar here or there for.

I'd be willing to pay to retire my fighters directly to the Bahamas if it was a little more reasonable. 3 months of VIP is ridiculous. I don't want other people using fighters that I spent a year or more building. I'd pay a dollar or 2 for it but there is no way I'm gonna spend 10 bucks to get rid of a fighter that is a total disappointment. Instead I am just leaving them on my roster without training them until their skills drop so far that they will not be desirable to anyone.

• Downvote 1

I will never use this so I'm not sure I hold any sway in this argument... But the figures being thrown around seem pretty ridiculous to me. $20-35 bucks to see some digital numbers that aren't relevant? That's the price of a new 360 game. But if people are willing to pay, go for it! I think 90 days VIP is a good price.