The Island Season 1 - Gameplay Discussion

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/22/22w23.jpg

"Lucky" Liam O Connor

25 years old

185lbs

1-0

Remember the name because Liam O Connor is going to be the #1 fighter on The Island when it's first season is finished. Despite only moving to The Island to showcase his talent recently, he's already picked up a win, a win in the Middleweight VIP Fight! Tournament Round 1, which he secured in the 1st round via Submission (Guillotine). He's scheduled to face Luke Marshall (2-0), in the 2nd round of the tournament.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder who is going to step in and capture the first ever MMATycoon title for best clothing company? who's gonna take Season 1? it's not often you get to be the first person to ever do something. it's just not an opportunity that arises everyday.

that's one of the very intriguing things of the island (season) concept. opposite of the regular game where 90% of the companies might as well be invisible. on the island, you have the opportunity to actually win something. to call yourself the champ. to compete for the bragging rights. you can say at the end of the season

"I had the best business model. I made all the right moves. I formed all the right connections, and I brought home the title because, I WAS THE BEST!

I KICKED EVERYONE'S ASS!!!"

• Upvote 1

not necessarily "I had the best business model" but more like " I was the only thing available" lol.

it's a side game that someone has to give up something in the real game. no matter how invisible it may be.

in the real game, gyms are important, they're gold...who's gonna give that up to run a company for 6mos? not many...

I would love to open up a clothing company on the island. I got some good designs too (not hellbent designs) but there's no way I'm giving up my training in the real game to do it.

that being said...

if anyone wants to open a clothing shop and needs some designs...hit up my manager profile. I most likely wont even charge ya.

• Upvote 2

I would like to add, that I did step up as the ONLY clothing company on The Island for an entire MONTH. And, I had quite a few of my own designs, and even searched out one of the best artists in the game to design a shirt to sell, to add some diversity to the company.

In that 5 week period, I only went about a half a week without stock (just a few days), which was this last week. Many companies in the game have gone many days, even weeks even, without stock of some sort.

Anyways, I never intended to be the ONLY clothing company, and I'm glad to see someone else chip in, and hope to see more for the benefit of the game.

I wonder who is going to step in and capture the first ever MMATycoon title for best clothing company? who's gonna take Season 1? it's not often you get to be the first person to ever do something. it's just not an opportunity that arises everyday.

that's one of the very intriguing things of the island (season) concept. opposite of the regular game where 90% of the companies might as well be invisible. on the island, you have the opportunity to actually win something. to call yourself the champ. to compete for the bragging rights. you can say at the end of the season

"I had the best business model. I made all the right moves. I formed all the right connections, and I brought home the title because, I WAS THE BEST!

I KICKED EVERYONE'S ASS!!!"

This is pretty ridiculous.

not necessarily "I had the best business model" but more like " I was the only thing available" lol.

it's a side game that someone has to give up something in the real game. no matter how invisible it may be.

in the real game, gyms are important, they're gold...who's gonna give that up to run a company for 6mos? not many...

I would love to open up a clothing company on the island. I got some good designs too (not hellbent designs) but there's no way I'm giving up my training in the real game to do it.

that being said...

if anyone wants to open a clothing shop and needs some designs...hit up my manager profile. I most likely wont even charge ya.

This is also pretty ridiculous. Yeah, I was the only company available because no one else stepped up. At least I did.

• Downvote 1

i meant no disrespect whatsoever. kinda surprised u took it that way. my comment strictly based off of edfan's...

glad u stepped up, no one said u didn't. there was a note on the spoiler page tho, asking someone ELSE to step up (obviously u already did) that neither of us wrote. we were addressing that. also, I kno edfan ok...his post looked like it was to pump up the island more than drag ur name in the mud.

too bad typical forum life has lead u to automatically assume that both our posts were negative and/or belittling towards u and ur company.

This seems like a more appropriate place for this idea than the improvements forum:

The Island exists in a vacuum, therefore so should fighter rankings. I propose having separate WC and P4P rankings for Island fighters.

It is irrelevant where my Island fighter is P4P in the total game as he can never fight the best guy in Vegas, for example. However P4P who is best on The Island, now that's interesting. Some will say 'well, just go into the rankings page and click The Island filter', to them I say, 'do it for me by putting it on the front page and on my fighter profile' :D

• Upvote 3

This seems like a more appropriate place for this idea than the improvements forum:

The Island exists in a vacuum, therefore so should fighter rankings. I propose having separate WC and P4P rankings for Island fighters.

It is irrelevant where my Island fighter is P4P in the total game as he can never fight the best guy in Vegas, for example. However P4P who is best on The Island, now that's interesting. Some will say 'well, just go into the rankings page and click The Island filter', to them I say, 'do it for me by putting it on the front page and on my fighter profile' :D

Definitely agree with this. Want to see who's the best in my fighters division/ p4p on The Island, not in the MMA Tycoon world.

I like this since I have 4 fighters on The Island.

Also, is it possible for the best/champion in one org fight the best/champion on the other org just before the season ends? I think it's a great way to determine the best on The Island.

Yeah that would be grouse. If fighters are retired after one season (I am not too clear on that), it'd be great if they hit Bahamas and had no ticker loss and could be recalled for a 'Masters' tournament in the future between the top seeds of each season.