End of the great fighters

Mentor

someone will emerge. we just gotta get some of the old farts out of the way. lol

otso? really? hahaha..hes good but c'mon. tonal was great, even in the counter-era. otso is possibly the most well fed, well protected fighter in tycoon history. in any-era. lmao.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I'm quite relatively new to this game but i still believe the tycooniverse has a steady influx of talent. While the great fighters have the tycoon world at its feet dominating fights. Those young prospects spend numerous hours at the gym harnessing their skills waiting for the right moment to make an impact. I hope i have one of those. :training2:

I think the near future is really intriguing.

A champion could come from anywhere. Yes you still have an big advantage (as people who have put time into the game should) if you have the training and the money for the best possible of everything, but someone could also work there way up and become a factor as well.

That balance of making investment in the game worth it and being able to break through is key for future success.

The fighters who seemed great, often seemed so great due to the fact that their personas were played out on the forums. Managers hyped them up with fighter profiles and write-ups constantly. They engaged in rivalries, and really developed them on a character level as well as a bunch of numbers. That's what made them seem great.

Nowadays, however, a lot of the hyping up and write-ups tend to happen in the org smack talk threads rather than the General Discussion forum, which might be why a lot of people are missing it? No idea, but RP hasn't lessened, it has increased significantly. Just on lower levels. Even when I owned NEI, and was trying to get everyone to participate in the smacktalk thread, I noticed a clear discrepancy between those who would, and those who wouldn't. A lot of those who would were newer managers, who, while enthusiastic, couldn't hope to have that next big fighter yet. Whereas those with already more developed fighters tended to shy away from the whole experience. There were still a few who did participate though, and they made the experience that much better. Because as much as lower tier fighters hype themselves up, truly top class fighters doing the same has that much more effect. Even though NEI is dead now, you can see the same kind of interaction in several orgs in the Smacktalk forum these days, most notably Immortals New York, though there are others as well.

I agree that big fight feels need to happen again. It's another reason why I opted to create REVO alongside my new partner, Mr. James Dean. I want to try and get managers, new and old, to really immerse themselves into an environment an org can foster. Because as much as it is our own duties to immerse ourselves in our fighters, it really helps when an org can provide the template for it. We plan to do all kinds of write-ups in that org, not just your basic event previews and reviews, but weight class round-ups, specific fighter profilings and interviews, and anything else we can think of, to bring that 'big game' feel back. And while we can't accept the Jeremy Tonals and Jigoro Kanes of the game just yet, due to skill discrepancies and the unfairness that would bring, we hope to someday be able to, once we have built a loyal base on which to build on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I didn't read the whole thread but i kind of think people forget too quick, Otso only just lost his first fight in 20 or so and its only been 3 or so months since Victor Creed was smashing everyone in his way. Those two fighters were all everyone talked about for half of last year and im sure there will be new ones again this year, the same as every other year.

Tonal smashed dudes in different weight classes like it was nothing. Was a nobody in the Syn Millionaires tournament and ended up winning in a stacked tournament field then proceed to smash Face Kickers top guy Raz Matazz, Shiv's beast Bill Hickock Earl Lee Swagger (managed by DJohn), Barnabas Sacketts great fighter Clem, Smashed both of Mogul Magnate's guys Juggernaut and consistent top 10 p4p'er Merrimac Mjolnir, smashed Golden Glory, impressive comeback win against Opa's guy Kalle Reiniaikanen, One of Karters top guys Moses Diggs, also beat Jigoro Kane, Budo Rei (another great HW), beat Bubba KillsinWater (RIP) and who can forget his win against Snake the Pendulum. All those fighters were top class and managed by elite managers. He traveled to locations for the best fights and made dudes look silly. Under different game engines too.

Edit: poor reading on my part.Misunderstood the Budo comment.

And Otso is a great fighter but anyone who thinks he has a greater legacy than Jeremy Tonal or Jigoro Kane is fucking delusional.

First of all just to stir up some shit, I will go ahead and say it:

In today society with the "got to have it now mentality", can't go 5 minutes without looking at twitter or their Facebook page, and the "entitled feeling" everyone seems to have these days: I can see why nobody takes the time to do write ups or create rivalries like before I got here.

Hell people can't not look at their cell phone for 5 seconds, what makes you think they will take the time to write or post something in the forum, let alone wait 1.5 years to make a top fighter

IMO: that's the real problem

• Upvote 2

I think most of the role-playing stopped because people take shit too seriously & instead of a rivalry between pretend characters things often turned to personal assassinations & attacks, and 20 pages of nonsensical arguing. So it became more trouble then it was worth & led to apathy. I'm a victim of this myself sometimes. I personally slowed down on RP due to running ITFL

• Upvote 1

'End of great fighters' spare me mentor... you realize how discouraging this could appear to new comers and even people like me who have the majority of their guys at 200K+... From what I gathered from your thread was that all the 'unbeatable beasts' from the past are all gone and there will never be beasts again. I would hate to be your mentee with your oh so positive attitude.. I realise that people like silva and jones 'seem unbeatable' but why would we all want an unbeatable dude in this game.. it would make some of us feel like giving up, I personally don't feel like licking the ass of some one in a million 'beast'.I like how there isnt a few beasts in the game, means there will be a chance for other guys... why would any noob wanna see an invincible fighter fuck everyone over... would probably make them demoralized and feel like there is no chance to be top dog.

As for the whole 'oh i wish it was like in the old days!'... That is not only insulting to the majority of newer members but also to mike tycoon for tryin so bloody hard to make this game better as time goes on. It is how it is right now, if you dont like how it is now then go back to quitting or cherry pickin as I have noticed a few of you 'GOATS' do. I also saw someone talking about how role playin has changed. Well I guess your in the wrong orgs eh! I tend to choose orgs that have a good smack talk thread.. try Armageddon fight promotions, Wolf Palace RIO (my org), Crucible fights in general or the best smack talk: Immortals NY. Plenty there for ya.

I am all up for people hyping up big fights; I am interested to see the result eg Jokinen vs Power.. I like how Jokinen let the people choose the next fight for him and especially how he got beaten.. just because it was a surprise (for me at least).... And everyone looooves a surprise, not an easy prediction.

haha wrote this when I was hammered after comin back from my dads 60th.. Although I kinda stick by this the whiskey helps let my feelings be heard, perhaps in a slightly more aggressive manner than usual! Pretty fuckin impressed with my spelling and stuff though! Now to check what I did on my facebook :mellow:

• Upvote 1

I didn't read the whole thread but i kind of think people forget too quick, Otso only just lost his first fight in 20 or so and its only been 3 or so months since Victor Creed was smashing everyone in his way.

Creed and Otso are part of the old generation. Otso is just 2 years younger than Tonal, Creed 3y. I am mostly talking about fighters under 30y.

Maybe it is just that there is less hype these days for the fights or that some top orgs stick to themselves. There was WAY more super fights between the top orgs, that is for sure.

There are a ton of fighters who I feel are as good, if not better than Tonal. There's always a "Tonal" for each generation. We all thought YB Sol was the greatest, then felt Jigoro was the greatest ever. Golden Glory, etc. It's a never ending cycle. It's now (or soon to be) Kane Williams' time as the best in the world, and I'm sure someone else (on my roster) will take his place one day.

There will always be someone new who is regarded as the best.

It will always be this way.

I think most of the role-playing stopped because people take shit too seriously & instead of a rivalry between pretend characters things often turned to personal assassinations & attacks, and 20 pages of nonsensical arguing. So it became more trouble then it was worth & led to apathy. I'm a victim of this myself sometimes. I personally slowed down on RP due to running ITFL

this.

this is the bed you (the forum / community) made. when people arent willing to pay attention to other things (fighters, shows etc) and honor the work of other people, well guess what, people wont get attention when they feel like it would be nice either. you godda put something into the attention-pool if you want to take something out in the future, if you will ^^ ... theres only so much attention to go around and for a long time people would rather discuss nonsense for 30 pages instead of contributing actual content or even just interacting with the people that do.

theres a bunch of factors and reasons why the game feel less exciting than some time ago (just time is one big one ^^), but the downward spiral of people not caring about each other one way or the other is a big reason imo.

it drove me goddamn fucking insane when j666 for example postet a gigantic pile of aweomness and nobody even said thank you or anything.

you should all probably pay a monthly fee to Avon Barksdale, then he could quit his silly education and concentrate fulltime on mma-tycoon to bring some of this stuff back (so people dont even have to read ;)):

http://youtu.be/EiPQiyqGhE0

http://youtu.be/WkF4u8ZN_Ow

These are both very well done!

The Press Conference made my week. That sh!t is Fvck!ng Hilarious

Bravo!