2 companies? what do the silent people think?

What best describes your thoughts on multiple company ownership?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes your thoughts on multiple company ownership? you can pick more than one.

• I believe in the "granfathered in" rule, even if it creates unbalanced play
    • Its not unfair to own 2 companies. and no change is needed.
    • I dont care either way.
    • Nobody will ever have a chance to make a better company than a 2 company owner. so why try. (vip money?)
    • They should have to give one up, its totally unfair

if that was the only reason then owners who know how to keep them up and running should be able to buy another company that is currently failing.

I wouldnt be opposed to people who prove they can run one company being able to buy a second at all that should be fine. hell I would run 3 or 4 if he would let me.

i am very surprised at how many are voting for the granfathered in is ok.... just how many dual comany owners are there?

Just because people dont agree with you means that its only the dual owners voting. I own two companies and I would be a little angry that I had to give up a company when I started and was allowed two.

Also there is only really 10-15 people even questioning it or saying anything out of the 7000 managers in the game. Must no be that big of a deal to anyone else.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im dissapointed in myself for being too fair / stupid to not open a second company when i had the chance. i read something from Mike that was suggesting that everyone will only be allowed to have 1 company and that people who currently have 2 would be stripped off one - at least when their current VIP expires. something like that ... so i didnt bother making one of course.

i wouldve liked to have 2 companies ...

but i actually think it definatley makes more sense to be allowed only 1.

i think its unfair that a couple people still have and will remain to have 2 companies - not gonna lie ...

If Mike would bring back 2 companies, then it should work like this: Once you pay off the debt of the first company, you can start the second. But keep 2 as the max. And I for one voted that it's not unfair. And I only have 1 company. Sure, if I could have another one, I'd have more to do and would visit a lot more often than now, because it's kinda boring running a clothing company. I'll probably sell it, once I pay off my debt, if I ever pay it off... :D

If Mike would bring back 2 companies, then it should work like this: Once you pay off the debt of the first company, you can start the second. But keep 2 as the max. And I for one voted that it's not unfair. And I only have 1 company. Sure, if I could have another one, I'd have more to do and would visit a lot more often than now, because it's kinda boring running a clothing company. I'll probably sell it, once I pay off my debt, if I ever pay it off... :D
how can you vote "its not unfair"? you can say it doesnt matter to you etc. but technically it is unfair. thats not something minor senior members are allowed to have - its a huuuge advantage. Mike knows it, but accepted the fact that he cant do anything about it really. i accepted it also ... not worth it worrying about - best of fun / sucess to HBK, mmastation .. all the guys with 2.

Not responding to anyone's post above or on the 1st page. It breaks down like this, Tycoon said 15,000 times to anyone who would listen that he wasnt going to force anyone to close their second business so, that is that.

Eventually, at some point the 2 owner guys are going leave the game, go to prison, die in a car crash, spontaneously combust or find a new flavor or month game and do something else. Sooner or later everyone on the game will have only 1 business.

We don't really need a thread about it though, if you would like to occasionally complain like I do to make myself feel better, do it (not to Tycoon, he's heard it already from enough people) but this really does'nt need a thread about it other than to piss off Tycoon. IMHO.

Oh, I didnt vote because it does'nt matter.

how can you vote "its not unfair"? you can say it doesnt matter to you etc. but technically it is unfair. thats not something minor senior members are allowed to have - its a huuuge advantage. Mike knows it, but accepted the fact that he cant do anything about it really. i accepted it also ... not worth it worrying about - best of fun / sucess to HBK, mmastation .. all the guys with 2.

Yeah well, technically, neither Finkelstein nor Fedor is mentally insane, but they did just turn down a 30 million $ deal with the UFC. I would put UFC and 30 in caps, but UFC's already in caps, since it's an abbrevation and you can't put numbers in caps. Oh, wait, I can make it bold. 30 million $ with the UFC!

But that's off-topic. I don't think it's un-fair, I just don't.

There are four obvious answers to the situation:

1. Managers cannot withdraw out of nor deposit money into their multiple companies. This unless the company in question is on the brink of bankruptcy and then only the manager's money can be deposited to save the company.

This creates companies that are independent of each other with 100% reinvestment into the company itself. No more orgs buying up fighters by issuing huge contract offers because they are backed by the manager's subsidiaries.

-

2. A higher second tier of VIP status or a second company costing real life money after originally VIPing. 5 dollars gets you a 50,000 tycoon dollar loan, 4 dollars gets you 40,000 tycoon dollar loan etc. (only after the initial lone is paid)

This puts the determination on the individual manager by forcing real life monetary risk

-

3. Strip the VIP managers with multiple companies of one of their companies or make them comply with answer 1.

It is absolutely unfair and should be handled abruptly and equitably before it further affects the balance of the Tycoon economy

-

4. Or everybody gets to share in the fun... Companies for everybody!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1248064397SSS%20logo.jpg

Pablo Pangea

Get a little Swagger

I love how the 2 company guys come and act like it's there god given right to have an advantage in this game... thats funny!

If mike don't fix this he might as well shut off the ability for new companies to be made because its pointless. The two owner companies will just keep rolling ahead and killing the market and feeling entitled to do so.

There are three obvious answers to the situation:

1. Managers cannot withdraw nor deposit money into or out of their multiple companies. This unless the company in question is on the brink of bankruptcy and then only the manager's money can be deposited to save the company.

This creates companies that are independent of each other with 100% reinvestment into the company itself

-

2. A higher second tier of VIP status or a second company costing real life money after originally VIPing. 5 dollars gets you a 50,000 tycoon dollar loan, 4 dollars gets you 40,000 tycoon dollar loan etc. (only after the initial lone is paid)

This puts the determination on the individual manager by forcing real life monetary risk

-

3. Strip the VIP managers with multiple companies of one of their companies or make them comply with answer 1.

It is absolutely unfair and should be handled abruptly and equitably before it further affects the balance of the Tycoon economy

Pablo Pangea

Get a little Swagger

It's already effected the balance of the game, cough 158 Quality suppliments!

I think it is far for them to keep their 2 businesses.

If they are to be stripped of a company people who made characters at the beginning should be stripped of 3 years and a number of stat points as you can only be 22 years old now

I think it is far for them to keep their 2 businesses.

If they are to be stripped of a company people who made characters at the beginning should be stripped of 3 years and a number of stat points as you can only be 22 years old now

No, you are missing the point. It's not the time the manager has invested in the game that is in question, it is the interchange of money between companies that is hurting the economy overall. If South Side Swagger was hugely profitable I could do nothing with the proceeds except reinvest the money back into the company or give it to my fighters. Since some other managers have two companies they are able to financially support the other by exchanges of deposits and withdraws through their manager. I have a friend who runs the Empire State Elite fight org in New York. What if I was to give him 20,000 dollars to try and sign YB Sol? Would that be fair?

Pablo Pangea

Go get a little Swagger

whats really crapshoot IMO is the fact you have suppliment companies using org money to make super suppliments in which they sell for low prices and kill the little guy off.

They make a 156 product and then decided to drop more org money in so they sell this 156 product for like 20 bucks or 50 bucks and the other companies that only reply on suppliment sales to make better products can't ever get better.

Why because they are stuck making 100 quality or 140 quality stuff and can't sell anything and if they want to sell something they have to sell it for like 5 bucks to a noob.

Meanwhile Mr. Super two company man is racking in suppliment sales and org sales and making even better shit!

GIve it some time and you are only going to have like 3-4 supp companies the rest will be dead!

Congrats guys! Tycoon crowned you winners of the game!

cry me a river boys...if mike slows training down so u dont pop as often, are u gonna give back your pops to be on par with ppl that have just signed up?.....management games like this r ever evolving,especially in the beginning...i've signed up to games just after a big change, but i dont cry about it, i just soldier on.....no other games i know of 'take away' when they make changes, dont know why u expect mike too

meh, i stocked up on 152++ stamina for $10/tub the other day and cant wait till the shipment comes in.

i must say that i am DAMN SATISFIED!!!

as far as the topic and shoveling money back and forth...

i agree it's unfair, but at the same time i dont really care if anyone gets stripped or not.

i just want two companies of my own.

i would be fine with changing the rules for VIP members that joined when you could have 2 companies to say that you can only have 1 company until you pay off your original loan. that way, responsible company owners can have 2 companies and there would be some time b/t getting the first one and getting the 2nd one.

i kind of wish i had started a 2nd company when i still could b/c now if hotels become available in the game i am going to have to give up my org to get one and i don't want to give up my org. i could've just started a 2nd company and kind of just let it sit there and wait until hotels were available and then trade a hotel for my 2nd company to someone so i could have both of what i wanted. but oh well.

cry me a river boys...if mike slows training down so u dont pop as often, are u gonna give back your pops to be on par with ppl that have just signed up?.....management games like this r ever evolving,especially in the beginning...i've signed up to games just after a big change, but i dont cry about it, i just soldier on.....no other games i know of 'take away' when they make changes, dont know why u expect mike too

well said. it's easy for people who want 2 company owners to only have one to say that, but like you said, what if in the future mike makes it to where a new fighter can be made with a max age of 21 instead of 22? would those same people whining about 2 companies volunteer to give up some of their fighter's skill points to make things "fair?" i doubt it.

well said. it's easy for people who want 2 company owners to only have one to say that, but like you said, what if in the future mike makes it to where a new fighter can be made with a max age of 21 instead of 22? would those same people whining about 2 companies volunteer to give up some of their fighter's skill points to make things "fair?" i doubt it.

If it was groundbreaking, I'd support making them give up skills to level them out. But this is why you never change a rule that will result in such advantages or disadvantages. If he didn't want people owning more then 1 company then it should of been that way from the get go, since it was not he should of not changed it midway because of what it does to the balance.

I don't think it matters if they own 2 or 20 companies, i am a single business owner and ideally you arent competing vs other companies. Create products or services that are good and people will support you. I think they should be allowed to run it if they already have it. If it bankrupts then thats on them.

There are disadvantages and advantages of creating younger or older fighters. Are you telling me in a full game year (18 weeks), for one of your fighters, you can't gain 7 points in overall skills, 20 points in specific skills, and 10 points in physical attributes? That is the only difference between 21 and 22 yrs of age. What is the downside to owning two companies? These are terrible arguments for keeping the multiple orgs for the few managers.

Pablo Pangea - South Side Swagger

its just the nature of online management games that those that were there before u have an edge, anyone who plays them knows this..i feel your focusing on the negatives of the game to much..you would be better off putting this energy into drumming up biz for your company u 'do' have

im not going to say that having 2 companies is a fair...BUT is it our fault we were here first and some got 2 or more companies?

So many things that each era can complain about members who got here first before them...

dont get me wrong i can see why this is some kind of a big issue cause of the new companies not making anything happen...

so im going to contribute something to the community I guess ill try...and I also wanna say I apologize about the "Sales" i did before and also I really didnt mean to step on any one...

Ill set a fixed price on my supplements on a decent price of course and also depends around maybe $80-$100 for my lowest quality rating (also not doing any insane sales like before so i dont hurt the other supps store)

this might help starting companies so they can set a price on their own supplements on a higher value (not $5-10 :() but im guessing this will haunt me in the future...im not competing with anyone im just surviving like everyone else ( i cant compete with Non Stop cause he got almost all the support)

back to the 2 companies issue...will i get rid of my 2nd one? depends...I worked hard juggling stuff, spending more time here and took a chance getting 2 responsibilities not mentioning 10 fighters...

just my 2 cents

so im going to contribute something to the community I guess ill try...and I also wanna say I apologize about the "Sales" i did before and also I really didnt mean to step on any one...

Ill set a fixed price on my supplements on a decent price of course and also depends around maybe $80-$100 for my lowest quality rating (also not doing any insane sales like before so i dont hurt the other supps store)

this might help starting companies so they can set a price on their own supplements on a higher value (not $5-10 :() but im guessing this will haunt me in the future...im not competing with anyone im just surviving like everyone else ( i cant compete with Non Stop cause he got almost all the support)

wth? dont do that!

you providing high quality supps at a fraction of the price of other suppliers symbolizes the beauty of free competition.

we are all better off buying Q152 stamina for $10 than we are buying Q100 for $50 (or whatever the local markets are producing).

there is beauty in efficiency. dont mess it up because you feel some unjustified obligation to be "fair."

as a consumer, i don't give one flying F about who i buy my supps from. i feel no obligation to paying the local suppliers more for a lower quality product. that is F-ing insane. in fact, i feel no obligation whatsoever to any business - local or otherwise - unless i have a relationship with them where they are sponsoring my fighters or promoting my business.

in short: keep supplying the $10 supps!!!

p.s. here's a free economics 201 lesson for everyone:

IN THE LONG RUN, THERE ARE NO EXCESS PROFITS IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY; ONLY ENOUGH TO KEEP SUPPLIERS IN BUSINESS. do you guys have an idea how profitable and expensive RAM, computer storage, and cpu hardware in general was prior to the late 90s? we live in a different world now, don't we? same concept applies to any unregulated supply. with the regulated goods, we have inefficencies instead.

wth? dont do that!

you providing high quality supps at a fraction of the price of other suppliers symbolizes the beauty of free competition.

we are all better off buying Q152 stamina for $10 than we are buying Q100 for $50 (or whatever the local markets are producing).

there is beauty in efficiency. dont mess it up because you feel some unjustified obligation to be "fair."

as a consumer, i don't give one flying F about who i buy my supps from. i feel no obligation to paying the local suppliers more for a lower quality product. that is F-ing insane. in fact, i feel no obligation whatsoever to any business - local or otherwise - unless i have a relationship with them where they are sponsoring my fighters or promoting my business.

so in short, can has more $10 supps????

p.s. here's a free economics 201 lesson for everyone:

IN THE LONG RUN, THERE ARE NO EXCESS PROFITS IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY; ONLY ENOUGH TO KEEP SUPPLIERS IN BUSINESS

I support his decision and will be buying all my products from him. Others who are involved in shady pricing I will boycott!

No, you are missing the point. It's not the time the manager has invested in the game that is in question, it is the interchange of money between companies that is hurting the economy overall. If South Side Swagger was hugely profitable I could do nothing with the proceeds except reinvest the money back into the company or give it to my fighters. Since some other managers have two companies they are able to financially support the other by exchanges of deposits and withdraws through their manager. I have a friend who runs the Empire State Elite fight org in New York. What if I was to give him 20,000 dollars to try and sign YB Sol? Would that be fair?

Yes it would lol I don't think that was a good analogy to help your case.

Anyway, before reading what I wrote, I do know this is a topic about people owning 2 companies (not companies failing to succeed). I don't really care that somebody owns 2, on game terms sure you could say it's not fair to the new player who can't own 2 but in the end I personally really don't give a fuck and don't think it's this big of a deal.

People who own 2 and maintain 2 should be allowed to keep 2. Nobody else should be allowed to make 2 (maybe the older players who have proven they can run 1 business). All the new people who get VIP would make 2 companies immedietly and fail. With a very low success rate of people managing 2 companies. There would be too many companies to choose from and the new ones would immedietly get skipped over because of all the very poor, unsuccessful, I really never had a chance at this anyway why'd I do it, companies.

I own 1 company (a gym) and before that I didn't own anything but 10 fighters and I still have a hard time keepin up with that. Everybody bitches about new companies not having a chance, new companies not being able to do this cuz this and that, wake the fuck up people and welcome to your small dose of reality this game has to offer. Life is not fair, if you open up your own business, a convenient store/food mart where you can buy some clothes, it's not gonna be wal-mart on day one, or month one, or month two. And wal-mart shouldn't be penalized or give a fuck about the up and coming quick-e mart down the street. Think of wal-mart as Non-Stop or MMA's Best Nutrition. And the quick e marts are the new businesses opening everywhere. That's my point.

People should stop worrying about their competition (a lot of this boils down to the new guy not having instant success and getting jealous) and saying it's unfair. Yes, yes it is but who cares it's not that big of a deal. It's an online game and if they put the time n effort into this game to run 2 companies successfully then I personally thank them (I buy from Non-Stop and MMA's Best Nutrition... but if another new company had better product in a month I'd buy from them. The way life works.).