TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

I call BS on this whole tournament. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=625731 how does that count as a loss, that piece of crap did absolutely nothing during the fight, yet the crap judges give him the W. I think I have no need to participate in this shit-tournament ever again.

I feel the same way. Fuck this retarded ass tournament.

I don't get how I lost this http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=626638

This scoring system is shit, I should of won EASILY. Takedowns are weighed way to fucking heavily, like holy fuck.

Seriously, let's break this down in real world BJJ

He gets 2 points for a takedown

I get 2 points for a sweep, 3 points for a pass, and 4 points for mount

I get 4 points for back control

I get 3 points for a pass to side control and another 4 points for mount

So I would of won 20 to fucking 2. He won based on a single takedown and all of his Adv Positions were from regaining half guard or full guard. He never passed one time and was on his back for 10 of the 15 minutes

Wow.

• Upvote 1

I feel the same way. Fuck this retarded ass tournament.

I don't get how I lost this http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=626638

This scoring system is shit, I should of won EASILY. Takedowns are weighed way to fucking heavily, like holy fuck.

Seriously, let's break this down in real world BJJ

He gets 2 points for a takedown

I get 2 points for a sweep, 3 points for a pass, and 4 points for mount

I get 4 points for back control

I get 3 points for a pass to side control and another 4 points for mount

So I would of won 20 to fucking 2. He won based on a single takedown and all of his Adv Positions were from regaining half guard or full guard. He never passed one time and was on his back for 10 of the 15 minutes

Wow.

The thing that should scare you more is the fact this is how ground fighting is scored. It was brought up last year about how broke it was, clearly nothing was done to fix it.

theres fights that show the ground scoring needs review.
But I dont want to see a pure points system like that.
It leaves the game open to people training just takedowns and DG, and aiming to score 2 points for the takedown and stall out for a win on points. Or maybe add on transitions and takedown, pass to mount and sit on the 9 points. which dosnt seem right for a submission grappling contest.
It dosnt seem the game has a way of scoring advantages for near subs or score against stalling in guard as happens in real life, which is why Im against trying to emulate the points system.
But it does need to move the emphasis from top control to submision attempts somewhat.

in other news 3 out of 4 of my boys made it through to the 2nd round.