TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

also, after all the fights you've had...us, all of us vets that have read thousands of fights...do you literally read every damn line of every one of your fights?

Absolutely, yes. Every line in play by play format while visualizing the fight in my mind. I may even take pause breaks to pace, air box, or carry on in other very dorky manners. It's what has kept me here for more than 4 years.

• Upvote 3

Hey Mike,

My fighter Trey Damons just lost in the 3rd round of Division 3 Tokyo- 265lbs. I dont want to sound butthurt or anything, but my opponent Joey Engle threw a fake overight hand in our grappling match. I know its just a feint, and it didnt even land, but is that even f(u)cking legal? he used it to instigate a clinch and then stall for 15 mins. When i hear no strikes allowed, Im pretty convinced that it involves feints as well, it is still considered a strike right?

Would appreciate a reply

thanks

Hey Mike,

My fighter Trey Damons just lost in the 3rd round of Division 3 Tokyo- 265lbs. I dont want to sound butthurt or anything, but my opponent Joey Engle threw a fake overight hand in our grappling match. I know its just a feint, and it didnt even land, but is that even f(u)cking legal? he used it to instigate a clinch and then stall for 15 mins. When i hear no strikes allowed, Im pretty convinced that it involves feints as well, it is still considered a strike right?

Would appreciate a reply

thanks

That's probably just flavor text.

Hey Mike,

Would appreciate a reply

thanks

I'm Engle's manager, I haven't done anything with stand up sliders as Mike said they were disabled anyways. When I read that it caught my attention too, but I assumed it's probably just flavor text inserted before clinch attempt

Engle fakes with an overhand right and moves in to clinch with Damons, pushing him back against the cage.

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Tycoon_World_Grappling_Championships#Sliders

Thats my last fighter been put out of it. It was fun but i think it did show how broken the ground game scoring is and i am sure mike will work sometime in the near future to solve those problems because in a comp like this most of the time its gonna be a UD. Apart from one of my fights being an NC due to my fault and i think it made a bug in the tokyo region and they had to be redone. (I had set up my jet and everything just forgot to accept the invite onto the jet and cancelled the auto flight).

^ the VAST majority of fights in grappling tournaments like adcc end in ref decision and/or points scored, based on takedowns and transitions (different types are scored differently... passing guard, mount, back mount, sweeps etc)... not in subs.

maybe I'm just inexperienced on the aspects of the engine, but I'm not sure how that shows the ground game is broken, if it really is.

• Upvote 1

Thats my last fighter been put out of it. It was fun but i think it did show how broken the ground game scoring is and i am sure mike will work sometime in the near future to solve those problems because in a comp like this most of the time its gonna be a UD. Apart from one of my fights being an NC due to my fault and i think it made a bug in the tokyo region and they had to be redone. (I had set up my jet and everything just forgot to accept the invite onto the jet and cancelled the auto flight).

Lol yeah that fight with Roberts was very weird to say the least but ill take the W

^ the VAST majority of fights in grappling tournaments like adcc end in ref decision and/or points scored, based on takedowns and transitions (different types are scored differently... passing guard, mount, back mount, sweeps etc)... not in subs.

maybe I'm just inexperienced on the aspects of the engine, but I'm not sure how that shows the ground game is broken, if it really is.

That's what i said. If Manfred is around he can tell you how its done better than i could ever dream of.

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=598133

I know mike said no bitching or complaining in this thread which i don't want to do but i clinched, i pulled guard, i had mount and back mount for the better part of 12 mins. How did i lose? because he managed to get to half guard a couple of times in which i then mounted him again?

• Upvote 1

That's what i said. If Manfred is around he can tell you how its done better than i could ever dream of.

http://mmatycoon.com...php?FTID=598133

I know mike said no bitching or complaining in this thread which i don't want to do but i clinched, i pulled guard, i had mount and back mount for the better part of 12 mins. How did i lose? because he managed to get to half guard a couple of times in which i then mounted him again?

Yeah, I read a lot of TWGC and have yet to figure out what the judges go for when they award the decision. I lost a fight where I mounted the opponent 2-3 times and had top control for the majority of the fight and the opponent never got past half-guard but did get the initial takedown.

really? i like 'em. i've seen a lot of fighters go for/try a few things i don't normally see in a reg mma fight cuz gnp and LOTS of control is involved. these guys seem a bit more "free".

I totally agree with this, i really enjoy reading the play by plays from my TWGC fights. With GnP out of the picture theres more room for all sorts of transitions, and it seems theres more back and forth action.

Next time around im bringing my A-Team for this tournament!

Finals are a week after this bit finishes, to give everyone time to get there.

I don't mind bitching after the event's all done and we can look at some scoring but let's just try and enjoy the actual process of running a global tournament (something we've never had before), before we get into the technical brain-hurty-super-analysis. I need a break from that for a bit cos programming the actual tournament was really hard :P

• Upvote 4

Finals are a week after this bit finishes, to give everyone time to get there.

I don't mind bitching after the event's all done and we can look at some scoring but let's just try and enjoy the actual process of running a global tournament (something we've never had before), before we get into the technical brain-hurty-super-analysis. I need a break from that for a bit cos programming the actual tournament was really hard :P

Congrats on successfully running the tournament. I've enjoyed it a great deal so far.

I help run some IBJJF (Gi and Nogi) events and I referee at ADCC (the national/regional) and the point systems there are very similar. This is ADCC's:

• Passing the guard = 3 points

• Knee on stomach = 2 points

• Mount position = 2 points

• Back mount with hooks = 3 points

• Takedown (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Takedown (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

• Sweeps (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Sweep (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

In all cases, the position has to be maintained 3 seconds to get the points. After that, how long you hold the position is irrelevant. If you pass directly into mount or knee on belly you get only 3 points.

In both events, no points are given for pulling guard. In fact, in ADCC, you lose a point for doing it if you don't sweep or get up w/in 3 seconds.

IBJJF and others also have "advantage" points that only come into play when points are the same. The definitions for advantages are too long and detailed to post here but basically if you nearly submit, or you land a point scoring move but can't hold it for 3 seconds, you gain an advantage point.

So, under ADCC rules, the fight that Dinooo posted would have ended 15-0 for his guy Oudomphonephaivanh, assuming all positions were held for 3 seconds.

1:00 : -1 for pulling guard, +4 for clean sweep, 4:00 +3 for guard pass, 6:00 + 3 for guard pass, 10:00 + 3 for guard pass, 12:00 + 3 for guard pass

Maybe 18 -0 for back mount also at 12:00 but after the RNC attempt it said no hooks. Either way, it was a total blowout

If Mike wants to work on this after the tournament I'll be happy to help. :shades:

• Upvote 5

I help run some IBJJF (Gi and Nogi) events and I referee at ADCC (the national/regional) and the point systems there are very similar. This is ADCC's:

In all cases, the position has to be maintained 3 seconds to get the points. After that, how long you hold the position is irrelevant. If you pass directly into mount or knee on belly you get only 3 points.

In both events, no points are given for pulling guard. In fact, in ADCC, you lose a point for doing it if you don't sweep or get up w/in 3 seconds.

IBJJF and others also have "advantage" points that only come into play when points are the same. The definitions for advantages are too long and detailed to post here but basically if you nearly submit, or you land a point scoring move but can't hold it for 3 seconds, you gain an advantage point.

So, under ADCC rules, the fight that Dinooo posted would have ended 15-0 for his guy Oudomphonephaivanh, assuming all positions were held for 3 seconds.

1:00 : -1 for pulling guard, +4 for clean sweep, 4:00 +3 for guard pass, 6:00 + 3 for guard pass, 10:00 + 3 for guard pass, 12:00 + 3 for guard pass

Maybe 18 -0 for back mount also at 12:00 but after the RNC attempt it said no hooks. Either way, it was a total blowout

If Mike wants to work on this after the tournament I'll be happy to help. :shades:

Cheers dude. I did think scoring that way but i never knew pulling guard got you -1. Should prolly read up a bit more on it. As i said i wasn't looking to moan and bitch about my fight. you win some you lose some. after all this shit is done we can have a discussion debate whatever you want to call it but i wouldn't be against Manfred helping Mike out with how the scoring is done in that sort of situation.

Awesome info - thanks, Manny.

• Upvote 1