TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

I call BS on this whole tournament. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=625731 how does that count as a loss, that piece of crap did absolutely nothing during the fight, yet the crap judges give him the W. I think I have no need to participate in this shit-tournament ever again.

Yeah you got rob :sick01: .Seems like takedowns are the most important thing which kinda of messed up

theres fights that show the ground scoring needs review.

But I dont want to see a pure points system like that.

It leaves the game open to people training just takedowns and DG, and aiming to score 2 points for the takedown and stall out for a win on points. Or maybe add on transitions and takedown, pass to mount and sit on the 9 points. which dosnt seem right for a submission grappling contest.

It dosnt seem the game has a way of scoring advantages for near subs or score against stalling in guard as happens in real life, which is why Im against trying to emulate the points system.

But it does need to move the emphasis from top control to submision attempts somewhat.

in other news 3 out of 4 of my boys made it through to the 2nd round.

A point system is a thousand times better than the current one where you can get your guard passed twice, mounted twice and your back taken yet win on a single takedown. Seriously what the fuck is that shit, it's god damn disturbing to even think about. This game has been out for like 5 years and the ground game is still broken as a mother fucker

Oh and you can't score points for submission attempts that wouldn't work at all in tycoon. The only cure for this is a submission only style where there is no time limit.

whatever fuck this tournament and fuck the ground game.

I call BS on this whole tournament. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=625731 how does that count as a loss, that piece of crap did absolutely nothing during the fight, yet the crap judges give him the W. I think I have no need to participate in this shit-tournament ever again.

It's what this guy has been doing. 100% control %100 advance position... he won the first edition with this, is 8-0 in TWGC with no sub attempts, I don't think he's changing it :)

He just beat my guy as well.

LOL he used the exact same tactics against my guy. Looks like weve got ourselves a professional lay and prayer here. Very high control/adv position sliders. I wish I would have noticed that before the fight! I realize now that I went far too high control with my sliders on the bottom.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=625747

Can't really blame the guy he found a way to win and he's using it to his advantage. I think its a very good example of why the scoring system needs work though.

LOL he used the exact same tactics against my guy. Looks like weve got ourselves a professional lay and prayer here. I wish I would have noticed that before the fight! Very high control/adv position sliders.

Can't really blame the guy he found a way to win and he's using it to his advantage. I think its a very good example of why the scoring system needs work though.

chris garcia sucks a lot of dick and would of been disqualified easily in real life

• Downvote 2

LOL he used the exact same tactics against my guy. Looks like weve got ourselves a professional lay and prayer here. Very high control/adv position sliders. I wish I would have noticed that before the fight! I realize now that I went far too high control with my sliders on the bottom.

Im just waiting for Wentz to win this thing again, to make it most ridiciolous moment of TWGC. 8 fights = 120 minutes without even SINGLE sub attempt. That's just fn ridiciolous...

this should be fixed and made more realistic with stalling calls... btw isn't he YOUR fighter?

Yeah, he is. And what? I can't bitch about it? Its not what TWGC should be, not what I hoped it will be. Before first TWGC I said - let the best Fitch wins. And turns out I was right unfortunately...

Like I said, don't hate the player. Whats he supposed to do change his sliders because people are mad they are losing against him? Don't hate the game either but it needs to be addressed.

It already was - Manfred wrote down entire rule set that many people agreed on. No idea why its not in game yet...

Yeah, he is. And what? I can't bitch about it? Its not what TWGC should be, not what I hoped it will be. Before first TWGC I said - let the best Fitch wins. And turns out I was right unfortunately...

hehe you're a funny man and your guy is 8-0 so props to that. it's not like you're breaking any rule :)

According to IBJJF - there are 2 points for Takedown/Sweep, 3 for passing guard and 4 for mount/back mount

That's what Manfred wrote here months ago - that's what bunch of guys agreed on - thats what Mike saw and commented!!

My question - WHY THE FUCK ITS NOT IN GAME YET? :/ Its annoying, when you propose change to the game that everybody wants, everybody agreed on and admin saw - but yet its not here...wtf? :/

mike please just eradicate any future grappling events from the game until you come up with a better scoring system, or do submission only no time limit. this has been a monumental failure. and go ahead and overturn my guys "loss" to a win while your at it thanks

1 takedown, 5 minutes of top control with no passing somehow beats out 1 sweep, 10 minutes of dominant top control, 2 passes, 2 mounts and 1 back take

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

^ I disagree with this... I'm having fun, despite losing most of my fights. I guess if you don't want to participate, just don't sign up.

But the system is broken. Its not like its cool and it doesnt need to be fixed... :/

But the system is broken. Its not like its cool and it doesnt need to be fixed... :/

yeah, that's why I called it a work in progress in the chat. Nobody said it doesn't need to be tweaked and I am sure Mike has plans for that. I guess we need to hear from him on when and how but 'till then let's try and have some fun, I say.

Put back in ref stand ups to avoid it, means those who don't attempt any submissions etc just get stood back up and then its who gets the takedown again. Also means that one high damage takedown does not lose you the fight.

I like this idea. Maybe tweak it so the refs are a bit more patient?

^ yeah, that's why I called it a work in progress in the chat. Nobody said it doesn't need to be tweaked and I am sure Mike has plans for that. I guess we need to hear from him on when and how but 'till then let's try and have some fun, I say.

All the points that have been brought up though were all brought up last year, Manfred has already told us about the scoring system but Mike never said/done anything to fix it. I get the lets try and have some fun but it was the same as last years one, a lot of people left disappointed in the way the ground game is scored and a few people happy at getting a trophy. It could be argued that Mike should never have even ran the TWGC this time around until he fixed what was pointed out to him last year.

• Upvote 1

All the points that have been brought up though were all brought up last year, Manfred has already told us about the scoring system but Mike never said/done anything to fix it. I get the lets try and have some fun but it was the same as last years one, a lot of people left disappointed in the way the ground game is scored and a few people happy at getting a trophy. It could be argued that Mike should never have even ran the TWGC this time around until he fixed what was pointed out to him last year.

I won't deny you have a point there. I won no trophies though and still enjoy it. But maybe that's just me :)