TWGC Gameplay Discussion

MMATycoon

I'm pretty okay with how it's going. Flavor text aside, it's easy to take it as one guy failed to lock in any submissions and then was outworked on the ground. Although if there are no stand ups that should definitely be addressed. But for the most part it doesn't seem like anyone's getting robbed by the system that's already in place. I could be wrong though.

I'm pretty okay with how it's going. Flavor text aside, it's easy to take it as one guy failed to lock in any submissions and then was outworked on the ground. Although if there are no stand ups that should definitely be addressed. But for the most part it doesn't seem like anyone's getting robbed by the system that's already in place. I could be wrong though.

Nah, no one got screwed. If you don't count bunch of people that were screwed. Then - yeah, no one was screwed.

what do you disagree with? you seriously think the scoring is fine? you think that the guy who "beat me" with one takedown earned a fair victory?

Tempting to say yes... xD But yeah - that's fucked. Put IBJJF scoring, with which MAJORITY (pretty big majority) of guys agreed on when Manfred proposed it. Then TDs would be least pointed thing and wouldnt count much, since there is 1 TD per fight

Tempting to say yes... xD But yeah - that's fucked. Put IBJJF scoring, with which MAJORITY (pretty big majority) of guys agreed on when Manfred proposed it. Then TDs would be least pointed thing and wouldnt count much, since there is 1 TD per fight

agreed.

if this is too complicated and would take time from other more important features, just so that we (or at least some of us) have fun, bring back ref standups. this could be a short term workaround temporary solution to the more complex one. if one doesn't like it, they are not forced to sign up.

We can't have infinite time limit because if it goes too long it crashes the fight engine because it gets too many loops for the ram on the server or the processor or whatever.

Different scoring hasn't been done because there are more important things to do. I could just not run the TWGC till it's done but I would rather just run it as is than not run it at all. Remember it's a Saturday a couple of days before christmas and I'm still working on updates. I don't need to, so chill out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We can't have infinite time limit because if it goes too long it crashes the fight engine because it gets too many loops for the ram on the server or the processor or whatever.

Different scoring hasn't been done because there are more important things to do. I could just not run the TWGC till it's done but I would rather just run it as is than not run it at all. Remember it's a Saturday a couple of days before christmas and I'm still working on updates. I don't need to, so chill out.

I love that first sentence, Im just imagining Mikes internal monologue going "20+ words after a because, no ones still reading this sentence, fuck it".

Mike:As someone who also does a lot of long hours/late nights/weekends/holidays/times when most people arnt working (entertainment industry) Id like to say its noticed that you go above and beyond a lot of the time and its greatly appreciated.

Im glad you keep running them- Im going to keep on entering, because my BJJ players arnt going out with the aim of winning on points, theyre going out there with the aim to collect arms, if it goes to the judges then somthings gone wrong already.

• Upvote 1

the obvious solution is not ref stand ups, but submission only no time limit

Oh and Karter I'm sure you would be completely humble and have nothing to say if you completely owned a guy and somehow lost right. It's not like it was even close at all or open for debate lol

I would be creative, i.e. fighter interview/quote/comment.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13854904458388.gif

The crowd seem to be enjoying Stone's choice of entrance music: CUZ I GOT HIGH. Ben Stone told me before the fight that he's been watching a lot of DVDs so let's see if that helps him in this one! I can't wait to find out!

So what DVD did you watch before your bout and how did it help you prepare?

"So like.. I uhhh,.I watch Pineapple Express, and Red.. he's like, a self trained ninja or something... so I like, tried to emulate his style y'know?"

What was going on when Pete Doherty was sinking in the triangle, did it ever occur to you that you should tap out?
"I don't know man... I really didn't have time to think about it or whatever. This dude is moving around like an Oompa Loompa in the Chocolate Wonka Factory, and next thing I know, I'm uhhh, totally sleepin' man."

What was going on in your head when the match started?
"Whoah... like.. hey man. You dudes are little fuckers, like, half my size.. You don't have to be such angry little people, so I like, tried to hug it out and shit."

Why did you decide to participate in TWGC?
"Because I got high."

Will you participate in the future?
"The scoring's totally rigged man. It aint right. Y'know, umm, ADCC has weight classes and stuff. Sooo... if we can like, get some weight classes where we're not like, fighting midgets with little man syndrome n' shit, yeah dude, I guess I would."

• Upvote 1

I love that first sentence, Im just imagining Mikes internal monologue going "20+ words after a because, no ones still reading this sentence, fuck it".

Mike:As someone who also does a lot of long hours/late nights/weekends/holidays/times when most people arnt working (entertainment industry) Id like to say its noticed that you go above and beyond a lot of the time and its greatly appreciated.

Im glad you keep running them- Im going to keep on entering, because my BJJ players arnt going out with the aim of winning on points, theyre going out there with the aim to collect arms, if it goes to the judges then somthings gone wrong already.

agreed!!! all the hard work by Mike is really appreciated, and I understand that it ain't easy at all. For the fights, never leave things to the judges, besides I'm participating to have fun, not like anyone's trying to cheat or anything.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13854904458388.gif

The crowd seem to be enjoying Stone's choice of entrance music: CUZ I GOT HIGH. Ben Stone told me before the fight that he's been watching a lot of DVDs so let's see if that helps him in this one! I can't wait to find out!

So what DVD did you watch before your bout and how did it help you prepare?

"So like.. I uhhh,.I watch Pineapple Express, and Red.. he's like, a self trained ninja or something... so I like, tried to emulate his style y'know?"

What was going on when Pete Doherty was sinking in the triangle, did it ever occur to you that you should tap out?

"I don't know man... I really didn't have time to think about it or whatever. This dude is moving around like an Oompa Loompa in the Chocolate Wonka Factory, and next thing I know, I'm uhhh, totally sleepin' man."

What was going on in your head when the match started?

"Whoah... like.. hey man. You dudes are little fuckers, like, half my size.. You don't have to be such angry little people, so I like, tried to hug it out and shit."

Why did you decide to participate in TWGC?

"Because I got high."

Will you participate in the future?

"The scoring's totally rigged man. It aint right. Y'know, umm, ADCC has weight classes and stuff. Sooo... if we can like, get some weight classes where we're not like, fighting midgets with little man syndrome n' shit, yeah dude, I guess I would."

genius

also +1 for weightclasses

neither

takedowns and top control. dominant positions clearly mean nothing. takedowns weigh the most though by a mile

So the TDD for a wrestler actually does make plenty of sense? i was told it doesnt,but it seems like top control comes from takedowns.

Edit: BTW thanks for answering me Lockdown

So the TDD for a wrestler actually does make plenty of sense? i was told it doesnt,but it seems like top control comes from takedowns.

Edit: BTW thanks for answering me Lockdown

interesting point you got here, so takedowns and takedown defenses do play a huge role in TWGC ....