New City?

Aripom

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maan I wanna see a new city! I have too much time in my hands so running an org would be great but I think there is enough orgs in the current cities.

/bump

:ph34r:

i think a new city makes sense now almost all the cities have over 2000 fighters, i vote for either another US city, based on the fact that most players are from the USA anyway, look how fast Hilo and New York Built up, they are ahead of other cities which started a lot earlier such as Sydney or even St.Petes which was much earlier. Simply making foreign cities for the same of real life MMA does not make sense, i think it should be based upon what the members want

i think a new city makes sense now almost all the cities have over 2000 fighters, i vote for either another US city, based on the fact that most players are from the USA anyway, look how fast Hilo and New York Built up, they are ahead of other cities which started a lot earlier such as Sydney or even St.Petes which was much earlier. Simply making foreign cities for the same of real life MMA does not make sense, i think it should be based upon what the members want

Agreed1!!

Hilo and New York grew so quickly only because they are near other big cities. It doesn't cost that much to travel from Las Vegas to Hilo.

Only becouse? No other factors there? :tumbleweed:

btw. The Windy City would be neat add.

Hilo and New York grew so quickly only because they are near other big cities. It doesn't cost that much to travel from Las Vegas to Hilo.

That made up for maybe 10% of the growth at best, mainly it was new fighters which where created there. Put it this way, how comes Helsinki is ahead of St.Petes although coming in the game WAY later? Same goes for Sydney, making cities based on geographical location or real life MMA does not make sense, if a big portion of the members are from Tunisia, i would make a city based out of Tunis :smile_anim: As far as the member base goes currently the only non-US community which does not have a city yet is Sweden (quite a lot of them) but i still bet at least 50% of the member base is US, so possible another city should be based there before opening elsewhere

Timezones matter a lot... And more than that, I think NY and Hilo grew fast because of special qualities the cities have in them. NY is... NY, everyone has an opinion on it. And Hawaii is just Hawaii. So many people would've come there simply because its Hawaii. Sydney/St. Pete's had no such charm in them though Bangkok surely has a bit of charm in it :P

If i were to put money on it, i reckon Mike will announce a new city on January 1st as a new year treat for everyone.

I was actually thinking of doing a "12 days of christmas" type thing with new features but that would mean hiding a load of features then revealing them, so I decided against it... Might as well just release the features as and when they get done.

Anyway, a new city is probably on the cards, yeah. I'm undecided on where but I want to get manager travel sorted before it's made because we just had a load of multis created, as soon as we opened Hilo. Letting managers move to the new city should help prevent that.

I was actually thinking of doing a "12 days of christmas" type thing with new features but that would mean hiding a load of features then revealing them, so I decided against it... Might as well just release the features as and when they get done.

Anyway, a new city is probably on the cards, yeah. I'm undecided on where but I want to get manager travel sorted before it's made because we just had a load of multis created, as soon as we opened Hilo. Letting managers move to the new city should help prevent that.

It seems very sensible to have the manager thing sorted. I must admit I am impressed as i have only been on here a short time how much gets added with features etc.

:notworthy:

My vote goes to Stockholm i know there is a lot of Swedes playing this game :)

Word! Little Finland got one city and now its time for the big Sweden to get stockholm.

It would be pretty cool to add Stockholm as a city for female fighters, because of the great reputation of blonde sweedes :mf_popcorn1:

I am always against rushing to add new cities, but I seem to be in the minority. I think there is a time and a place for it, but let's grow the existing cities first.

Additionally, other than Chicago, I don't see any value in any other US city. We have two EST cities (NY and Montreal), two PST cities (LA and LV) and Hilo which is no one's time zone, cause, honestly, who lives in Hilo?

I still push for Amsterdam!