Gustafsson vs. Jones result - spoiler

Viking

Did anyone else here Joe Rogan talk about Jones' previously injured toe as though that might have hindered him during the fight. The only thing I thought when he said that was "Who cares it's a fucking toe, how bad could it actually mess this fight up for him." I don't know but I found it very amusing that he was pointing that out.

Jones couldn't do much in the first 3 rounds other than a head kick and all those kicks to Gustafsson's knee. Plus Gus stuffed most of his takedowns; I would like to see judges give less points for takedowns(especially if nothing is done with them) and more points for defending them. Very impressed with Gus after this fight, Jones definitely has a rival now so he shouldn't move up to HW where he would get beat up.

Jones lost the fight.

1 - Alexander

2 - ??? (maybe Jones, maybe Alexander)

3 - Alexander

4 - Alexander ( 4min domination for Alex, 30s to Jones with one good elboow and... only this!)

5 - Jones

For me, 49-46 Gustafsson.

• Upvote 1

Why are people saying robbed it sounds stupid to me to say that in such a close fight that could of went either way. I had it 48-47 for jones when i was watching it live but thought it could of went either way. I gave jones 2 , 4 and 5. To be honest if anyone impressed me in this fight it was Jones, i have never been a fan of his but in my opinion he dug deep and did what he had to after starting out losing to win the fight. As for the robbery thing though a fight that could of went 47-48 either way is no robbery.

• Upvote 3

I forgot to add in my last post the one comment i found funniest out of the today was one guy saying he thought it was a robbery and he had it a split for Gus....how the hell can one guy judge it split by himself let alone call a fight they thought was so close a robbery. Made me laugh.

• Upvote 1

I was there live and this was by far the most exciting fights i have ever seen in person the atmospher was so crazy I thought jones was gonna lose for a moment but damn was that fight insane i couldent even hear myself at times it was probable the most emotions a fight brought out of me besides the Weidman fight.

Round 1- Jones landed more significant strikes , but gus had a takedown so 10-9 gus

Round 2- Even jones landing more strikes. 10-9 jones

Round 3- Gus turns it ups and wins this round 10-9 gus

Round 4- Gus missing a lot of punches. jones landing many kicks. Jones rocks gus 10-9 Jones

Round 5- Jones dominates 10-9 Jones

result 48-47 jones

round two was easily the deciding round, and jones landed more

i was biased towards gus b/c i wanted to see gus KTFO glover lol

• Upvote 1

Yup, I agree with the majority here. 4 and 5 to Jones, 1 and 3 to Gus...2nd was close but still Jones edged it...and it wasn't convincing enough to dethrone a champion. Those close fights always go to champ, and while Gus proved he can hang with Jones...he's got work to do before getting a rematch. He proved that Jones can be beaten, but he got rocked late and needs to work on his approach next time to prevent gassing and getting caught late. Boy does Gus have a chin though....

Why would your dumb ass go to the forums if your wanting to not be spoiled, its your own damn fault.

Dude I didnt go to the forums the title was different, It was Gustafsson got robbed I was on the news & events page to check out news on org/companies Jax changed the title so it wouldnt spoil anyone elses event.

oh and I agree Gustafsson got robbed

Jones lost the fight.

1 - Alexander

2 - ??? (maybe Jones, maybe Alexander)

3 - Alexander

4 - Alexander ( 4min domination for Alex, 30s to Jones with one good elboow and... only this!)

5 - Jones

For me, 49-46 Gustafsson.

No way does Gustafsson get round 4. It was a close round that he was maybe just edging, but he was *badly* hurt by the elbow and follow up attack. That barrage was easily enough to win Jones the round. Round 2 was the pendulum round. 1 and 3 were clearly Alex, 4 and 5 were clearly Jones, 2 could go either way. 48-47 either way is reasonable.

Round 1- Jones landed more significant strikes , but gus had a takedown so 10-9 gus

Round 2- Even jones landing more strikes. 10-9 jones

Round 3- Gus turns it ups and wins this round 10-9 gus

Round 4- Gus missing a lot of punches. jones landing many kicks. Jones rocks gus 10-9 Jones

Round 5- Jones dominates 10-9 Jones

result 48-47 jones

round two was easily the deciding round, and jones landed more

i was biased towards gus b/c i wanted to see gus KTFO glover lol

I completely agree with this one. Fourth would've gone to gus without that last minute and thus he would have won...