World of Mixed Martial Arts 4

markyosullivan

Just seen on the Grey Dog Software forums that it should be out around about Nov/ Dec 2014 :dancing:

He's currently working on Wrestling Spirit 3 and will be working on WMMA 4 after it's released.

WreSpi3 is in progress at the moment and will be released in 2013. WMMA4 is the project after that, i.e. work starting in early 2014 so will likely be released around November \ December next year.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525686

• Upvote 2

I wish they'd do a manager mode that is similar to the way this game runs. Its hard to stay interested in WMMA after you get to the top for a while. It would increase my attention span if i had more invested in the individual fighters.

I've reached the top before with an org if I get bored, I'd apply to take over at a newly opened org or an org which isn't doing that great. Though when you have a young fighter breaking through at your org, it's nice seeing him develop over time before becoming one of the top fighters in the game.

The thing I love the most though is when you have surprises. I had a 42 year old who went on to become my Lightweight champion after being a gate keeper at welterweight. Made up a rivalry between him and another fighter and they finally had their rematch (42 year old lost the 1st one) when it was the rivals final fight before he retired and the 42 year old got his revenge :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I've reached the top before with an org if I get bored, I'd apply to take over at a newly opened org or an org which isn't doing that great. Though when you have a young fighter breaking through at your org, it's nice seeing him develop over time before becoming one of the top fighters in the game.

The thing I love the most though is when you have surprises. I had a 42 year old who went on to become my Lightweight champion after being a gate keeper at welterweight. Made up a rivalry between him and another fighter and they finally had their rematch (42 year old lost the 1st one) when it was the rivals final fight before he retired and the 42 year old got his revenge :thumbup:

Saw the thread when it got bumped this morning and fired up an old savegame that I had gotten to 2020. Junior Patinkin just retired at 54!

I can't remember what handicaps I put on myself, but this time around its:

*No signing of new fighters unless they are from my base country (Russia) or if they start with National level popularity(sometimes the AI orgs wont sign these guys if you dont)

* No re-signing fighters over 32 unless they are the champ or #1 contender.

*If I an in a bidding war for a fighter with an org from his home country I bow out

i like building a guy up throughout his career but im still really learning the basics of wmma3 but i did mod a lot

Seems like everytime I try to build a guy up, he ends up losing matches that he should win! I kept doing that with my Modern Warriors Mod, kept trying to build Edson Barboza, and Erick Silva up and it never failed they would lose a lot!

I came from the GDS forums here and was always a massive fan of WMMA 3. What i sure hope is that they solve the issue with the resigning of contracts. When you get to the level i got (Global) you tend to have a massive roster and make bulks of cash. I do not want to spend 30-40% of the time resigning contracts! That is what usually happens when you have a large roster. I think that should be assigned to a GM or someone else. I am basically going to accept their demands anyway. Also if you are the UFC and there is no real competition, why would they reject a very good offer to sign for a regional org for 2 or 3 times less cash?

Anyway, i totally attacked Adam with these issues the last time round, i felt these issues were not fixed from WMMA 2 and the automatic resign feature only worked 50-60% of the times which is unacceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I agree with you about the renewing contracts issue, a complete pain in the ass. I don't understand how he failed to ensure it was fixed for WMMA3 after people complained about it in WMMA2.

Also pisses me off that they take so long to release patches for the game, just like last week he released a patch for WMMA3

Yeah I agree with you about the renewing contracts issue, a complete pain in the ass. I don't understand how he failed to ensure it was fixed for WMMA3 after people complained about it in WMMA2.

Also pisses me off that they take so long to release patches for the game, just like last week he released a patch for WMMA3

what patch was this?

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260387

Additions \ Modifications
Fixed various minor errors with match stats
Adjusted some fighter peak narrative effects at user request
Fixed issue with some visitors staying at camps for much longer than expected
Fixed glitch whereby ground strikes could occur against the rules
Fixed minor rare glitch whereby a cut could be checked after the round had ended but was counted as being before the bell
Fixed minor commentary error with D'Arce choke getting fighters the wrong way around
Fixed issue with What's Up Doc achievement not triggering
Adjusted fight history filter so that Submission would cover all submissions (and likewise for TKO and KO)
Various error fixes
Fighters pinned against cage can use dirty boxing and knee strikes to fight back
Tweaked submission engine to be better balanced
Increased chance of early stoppages
Fighters can now deliver flying ninja kicks off the cage, a la Anthony Pettis
Additional one Achievement added
Results screen on website now gives pro record in brackets
Fighters can now guillotine "rubbery leg" opponents rather than having to go for strikes
Dazed wrestlers can go for "instinctive" takedowns to save themselves from being finished off standing
Pressing 'b' during a fight will auto-skip to the next big moment
Reduction of clicks required during negotiation processes
Commentators can talk about the quality of each round as an indication of how the bout is going
Altered how international shows handle popularity
Extra match engine tweaks and additions
Altered injury rate
Reduced amount of shows per year that unemployed fighters can work
Lessened restrictions on major names rejecting smaller promotions in order to cut down unemployment
Altered fighter popularity handling to reduce number of fighters becoming too big for home promotion
Allowed user to book up to five shows simultaneously
Altered tolerances to allow ground-based fights to be considered more exciting
Altered match engine frequencies for certain moves in line with feedback
Fixed issue with 0 level Eye For Talent not giving proper penalties
Fixed minor booking problem with multiple gender weight classes getting mixed up when modifying
Fixed minor issue with gender pronouns in pre-card comments
Fixed minor issue with commentator contradicting himself in regard to robberies
Altered commentary to show "submission attempt" graphic on all attempts
Fixed minor issue with order of shows in promotion profile
Added notification of contract status change when promotion goes out of business
Fixed issue in main editor whereby people could appear to be in a weight class of an incorrect gender
More tweaks to probabilities of submission moves in match engine (13\12\11)
Chinese fighters now are eligible for homegrown status for Asian promotions
Fixed error that could occur while using merge tool

• Upvote 1

I posted about the renew thing, i hope it gets addressed this time round. I had a real go at Adam when he failed to get it added in WMMA3. It killed all the good points of the new version in my opinion

• 2 months later...