Someone call the police

There was no robbery. I felt that Hendricks won, but that was because of the damage on GSP's face. Here's the thing, causing damage doesn't score you points. It should, but it doesn't. Now that I think about, causing damage itself shouldn't score you points, cuz some people cut and bleed much easier than others. But..., Hendricks rocked GSP more and that should score more heavily than the 26 more jabs and leg kicks GSP landed. As it is in the unified rules right now, GSP won. He landed more strikes, 101 to 85, got more take downs, 3 to 2, and had more time on top on the ground, I don't know the numbers but he did. There was no robbery. Hendricks won the fight. But what most people seem to forget, when a fight becomes a sport by having a scoring system and rules, it becomes a sporting match. GSP won the sporting match. He outpointed Hendricks in every part of the match, and that's what matters. Plus, him talking about hitting with 70% power at the press conference, I'm glad he lost. He is an idiot. Hell, his corner is idiots for telling him how to win rounds rather than end the fight. Instead of landing 85 strikes at 70% and losing, he could have landed 1 at 100% and left no doubt in anyone's mind that he won the fight.

• Upvote 1

People need to understand that damage is not a judging criteria ! Hendricks clearly did more damage, but GSP edged out the first, won the thrid and fifth, so he won the fight. No robbery in my opinion.

damage itself - maybe not. But well...like I said, look at GSPs face and Hendricks' face. You see who had way more success with their striking, while wrestling was pretty even. Hendricks won and Im glad UFC will give him immediate rematch with GSP.

damage itself - maybe not. But well...like I said, look at GSPs face and Hendricks' face. You see who had way more success with their striking, while wrestling was pretty even. Hendricks won and Im glad UFC will give him immediate rematch with GSP.

Hendricks won the fight. GSP won the sport.

• Upvote 1

Hendricks won the fight. GSP won the sport.

Problem is that here sport = fight. If fight breaks during hockey match, then yeah - team can lose a fight but win the sport. MMA is COMBAT sport, so essence of it is fight

Problem is that here sport = fight. If fight breaks during hockey match, then yeah - team can lose a fight but win the sport. MMA is COMBAT sport, so essence of it is fight

What I meant by that is that Hendricks won in terms of fighting/brawling due to the damage GSP sustained but GSP won the title due to the point system normally used in sporting events. A team can hit 50 homeruns in a game but if the other team scores higher, they win.

• Upvote 1

Damage should be a factor in a fight no matter what. It's a fight. You can't have someone landing heavy shots everytime he lands and hurting his opponent being beaten by someone throwing twice the volume of pitter patter shots. Hendricks didn't look worried at any point in that fight and GSP looked scared.

He looked outed. I mean, there were moment when he FOR SURE didn't know what his name is.

Looking at their face means nothing in terms of who was having success striking wise. I saw the fight and Hendricks landed the "sexier" punches but GSP controlled the fight for the most part. People need to understand that no matter who he is fighting they won't have much damage because of his lack of punching power. Look at his face after the Condit and Diaz fights he didn't look better than his opponents so you want to tell me that based on their face's that they had more success than GSP.

Looking at their face means nothing in terms of who was having success striking wise. I saw the fight and Hendricks landed the "sexier" punches but GSP controlled the fight for the most part. People need to understand that no matter who he is fighting they won't have much damage because of his lack of punching power. Look at his face after the Condit and Diaz fights he didn't look better than his opponents so you want to tell me that based on their face's that they had more success than GSP.

Here is the point. When was the last time when GSP was so fucked after the fights - actually 3 in a row? He's either gettin' old or that ACL injury really got to him. Rogan said it - 50% of strikes GSP took in his MMA career were in those 3 last fight. Pretty big downhill if you ask me. He should really retire before he gets hurt... :/

Here is the point. When was the last time when GSP was so fucked after the fights - actually 3 in a row? He's either gettin' old or that ACL injury really got to him. Rogan said it - 50% of strikes GSP took in his MMA career were in those 3 last fight. Pretty big downhill if you ask me. He should really retire before he gets hurt... :/

GSP after the ACL injury looked way different to me. He's just looked like he's wearing down. Plus whatever issues he has in his personal life were definitely on his mind. I knew after the Condit fight that he didn't have a whole lot in him left. He probably needs to take some time off and vacate the belt but he really needs one more fight with Hendricks just to see who truly is the best at this point.

GSP after the ACL injury looked way different to me. He's just looked like he's wearing down. Plus whatever issues he has in his personal life were definitely on his mind. I knew after the Condit fight that he didn't have a whole lot in him left. He probably needs to take some time off and vacate the belt but he really needs one more fight with Hendricks just to see who truly is the best at this point.

Hendricks. But I don't mind watching GSP getting KTFO again.

The rematch has to happen, after that by all means vacate it but if he doesn't fight then I think there will always be a lot of questions of the last event. But agreed that GSP hasn't looked the same, before the ACL he had an aura of invincibility about him, like he was at least 2 or 3 levels above everyone he fought.

The rematch has to happen, after that by all means vacate it but if he doesn't fight then I think there will always be a lot *(I mean a lot)* *(I mean a lot)* of questions of the last event. But agreed that GSP hasn't looked the same, before the ACL he had an aura of invincibility about him, like he was at least 2 or 3 levels above everyone he fought.

Man the UFC is getting really exciting all of a sudden. In 2012 and even early this year Jon Jones, Anderson, and GSP seemed like they were unbeatable and were destined to fight each other at some point. Now Jones has Gus and Cormier as legit contenders who can beat him, Anderson got beat by Weidman and Vitor looks like a monster, GSP just escaped Hendricks and has Lawler and Condit still waiting. 2014 is going to be awesome for the UFC. Their aura of invincibility is gone and we see that they can be beat; their actually human.

• Upvote 1

Man the UFC is getting really exciting all of a sudden. In 2012 and even early this year Jon Jones, Anderson, and GSP seemed like they were unbeatable and were destined to fight each other at some point. Now Jones has Gus and Cormier as legit contenders who can beat him, Anderson got beat by Weidman and Vitor looks like a monster, GSP just escaped Hendricks and has Lawler and Condit still waiting. 2014 is going to be awesome for the UFC. Their aura of invincibility is gone and we see that they can be beat; their actually human.

Don't forget Machida at 185lbs now too

Gus vs Jones was closer than GSP vs Hendricks imo. I'm a Jones hater (til he cuts the Jesus Christ crap). I knew it would be a split decision in GSP's favor at the end of the fight and I'm glad he kept the title $$$$$ but I think Hendricks won the fight. If you take all aspects of MMA scoring (UFC's 10 point system) than you can probably make a legitimate case for GSP. I thought he won rounds 1 & 5. I'm not sure the fight metric statistics though, on who landing more total strikes or whatever, and despite the scar tissue Rafi from The League still did a lot more damage.

If jones wants to speak about jesus christ he has full right to so go fuck yourself.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, I agree Hendricks did more damage, but I dont think comparing the fighters faces is a good way to judge a fight. People like GSP tend to cut easier and have a swolen face faster, while Anderson Silva for example looks like he came out of the shower after every fight. I look like GSP after every sparring session I do, which really sucks.

I don't think any champion has a weak division anymore. Cain Velasquez just destroyed JDS again so his division is the weakest.

I think the heavyweight division has almost become the same as the middleweight division back when Silva took the title from Franklin and there was such a clear number 1 and 2 but Franklin just couldnt beat Silva

i think Jones will go heavyweight next year and that would be an amazing fight. Cain vs Bones, let's hope it happens!

That would be a great matchup even Jones/JDS sounds pretty great and Jones moving up gives the division some depth but those 3 would still be far better than the rest and they can't fight each other over and over. Werdum is really good but still not good enough to give them a run for their money, same with Barnett and past those guys nobody really has a chance or has shown potential to beat them. Cormier wants to go down because he doesn't want to fight Cain but if he stayed he could probably beat anybody or at least make it close.