Standing Submissions

So, I was wondering about it for a while - why not add them?

Put for example "clinchwork + submission" as main stats for it, becuase you have to be clinched to throw flying armbars or triangles, to get standing RNC...I may be wrong, but it doesnt seem to be much work - correct me if Im wrong.

A lot of people wanted this, so Im curious if that would be possible to add to the game :) We have "special" stuff to KO ppl like spinning backfists and flying knees - why not add something special for grapplers? :)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

this has been brought up many times before and to be honest with you I don't know if anyone's look up the statistics but most successful guillotine submissions I believe are not started on the ground. I know that the majority are probably going to be from counter take downs but there's also a very high amount that start against the cage in the clinch. with this being said I think that Jiu Jitsu should have a small degree of say in your quality of clans game.

• Upvote 1

i like this idea but i also see how it would be frustrating for your boxer to get submitted while standing

you mean like how Lyoto Machida and their team Celt after Jones sunk in a guillotine choke deeper than Jenna Jamesons dildo.

Yeh always thought these were a good idea, not just for a submission ending fight, but we often see people use a guillotine to drag the fight to the mat, or jump on someones back with a standing rear naked choke and then end up on the mat.

Not to mention diving on kneebar's etc or even the rare flying armbar/triangle :D

• Upvote 2

Will BJJ be overpowered? I don't think so - since you would have to use clinchwork and muay thai too. So that's not BJJ alone. Also you would still need not get KTFO. Just something that would make game more fun and give something new to high level fights - where guys simply bang it out. TO have a chance to get Guillotine from clinch or jump for Triangle instead pulling guard - that would put some fresh air into fights :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For those worried about submissions from the clinch making bjj overpowered, it doesn't have to be. First off standing submissions do happen irl mma, so since this is a mma simulator, there should be no reason why it should not be implemented eventually. Secondly, standing submissions are rarely attempted (except maybe the standing guillotine) and rarer yet, are they successful; especially the flying armbar. likewise, if implemented into this game, standing submissions can be rare as well.

i like this idea but i also see how it would be frustrating for your boxer to get submitted while standing

guillotines are often attempted after a failed shot, so I could favour the stand up guy.

I would like to see them added, because as many have pointed out, it happens irl too.

The standing kimura would be my favourite, we have see it a few times in the past months, it always failed but was used to improve the clinch position of a fighter.

Maybe the text could be something like:

xxx is threatening with a kimura. yyy is forced to defend and as a result xxx broke the clinch.

I think standing subs would be cool but i just don't like the idea of being able to use your bjj without getting the fight to the ground first, i think it would give bjj too big an advantage if you could use it both standing and on the ground.

Maybe but even so looks as a fun and reallystic improvement to the game.

guillotines are often attempted after a failed shot, so I could favour the stand up guy.

I would like to see them added, because as many have pointed out, it happens irl too.

The standing kimura would be my favourite, we have see it a few times in the past months, it always failed but was used to improve the clinch position of a fighter.

xxx is threatening with a kimura. yyy is forced to defend and as a result xxx broke the clinch.

Yeh good points about the kimura in the clinch

i certainly agree they do happen, ive seen people slide into heel locks, id like it but i think some people would be here complaining

I'm not sure it would be a simple change to the game engine but I'd like to see it. I'm pretty sure flying knee/spinning backfist are just flavour text to an otherwise head kick/punch combo which makes them a much simpler addition.

Yeah, but the "BJJ will be OP"-argument is weak in my opinion. You can balance it just like everything else and it happens very often in the UFC, so it should be in the game as well.

I don't think the over powered argument is weak i think it's pretty strong myself depending how this would be implemented. I would be all for it if standing subs were rare and you had to have a seperate skill for standing subs same as elbows/knees and punches are no good to you on the ground but i just don't want to see sub spamming in stand up fights. Like i said in my first post i think they would be cool, maybe even add a little extra to sub of the year awards.

I don't think the over powered argument is weak i think it's pretty strong myself depending how this would be implemented. I would be all for it if standing subs were rare and you had to have a seperate skill for standing subs same as elbows/knees and punches are no good to you on the ground but i just don't want to see sub spamming in stand up fights. Like i said in my first post i think they would be cool, maybe even add a little extra to sub of the year awards.

Another skill would be good, would force more specialized fighters to emerge, thou - I think Submissions would cover it up completely.

i do not mind having this, however what is the standing sub defense? Will that be def g again?

I think so - what else would you put there? May be DG + clinchwork, since clinchwork should be also part of offensive standing subs.

Another skill would be good, would force more specialized fighters to emerge, thou - I think Submissions would cover it up completely.

I think so - what else would you put there? May be DG + clinchwork, since clinchwork should be also part of offensive standing subs.

yeah i agree subs would cover it i was just going with what we already have now where no skill is used both in the stand up and on the ground.