Contract buyout

angrybird275

So, reading an improvement thread I thought it would be a good idea to implement a new number in a contract. The number would be a contract buyout. It would allow you to pay whatever the buyout agreed upon between fighter and org to be paid at any time the fighter was free of a fight and be let go. And then we can stop allowing people to cut fighters under contract.

Therefore the result of such would be a person signs a contract, a person decides he doesn't want to fight there anymore or that he wants to drop the fighter. He now must pay back whatever fee was agreed upon (could use signing bonus number, could be a larger number or smaller number) before being able to release the fighter.

This will end the age of hostage holding, it will end the age of picking up FA's, signing crap contracts to orgs and releasing with the only intention being of screwing over the next manager to pick him up and it would end the age old BS of he dropped his guy and I didn't get my money back. Just seems to me like a 3 birds with 1 stone scenario.

• Upvote 2

I don't have this problem because I always talk to the org owner before I cut a fighter and I don't own an org. I would like to hear the opinion of some org owners though. If org owners agree I don't see a problem with this.

The main point is just communicating with the owner,nobody has ever got mad at me askin to sack a guy and the one time i was asked, i was like sure sackem now! this is what makes a person good at this game,if you can communicate here, everything else will come...

i dont think a buyout/ no release is necessary because nobody will accept contracts with a no release and instead of buying out,the money will be laundered and they will be sacked

The main point is just communicating with the owner,nobody has ever got mad at me askin to sack a guy and the one time i was asked, i was like sure sackem now! this is what makes a person good at this game,if you can communicate here, everything else will come...

i dont think a buyout/ no release is necessary because nobody will accept contracts with a no release and instead of buying out,the money will be laundered and they will be sacked

Just to clarify, the no release wouldn't be a contract option. No release would be a game update making it so nobody can sack a fighter who is under contract. They would have to buy their fighter out of the contract before being able to sack them.

And I understand what you're saying but communication doesn't always work. The buyout would allow fighters who get into an org and realize they don't like the owner who was friendly before signing to have an out. Then if they get into an argument with an owner, we won't have a 3 page long post containing all the PM's and just slinging around insults because an owner is holding the fighter hostage.

A similar option would be if org owners don't want to put another number into a contract, it could just be manually defaulted to having to pay back the signing bonus before leaving the contract. Go to my contracts maybe and have there be a button that says buyout contract.

What I will say is that there are 2 situations this button should be hidden and fighters shouldn't be able to buyout contracts. That's when they have a fight booked obviously and the other one is if they're champion of the organization. All champions will have to fight out their entire contract if they keep winning or lose the title to buyout.

So in the end this would stop FA picking where people drain the cash and sign them to orgs for 1/1/1 and then release a good fighter. This would also stop some of the complaining threads about holding fighters hostage and it will stop org owners complaints that someone released a fighter who went to FA and he paid a huge signing bonus. It would stop the complaints of people picking up fighters off of the FA and the owner wanting them to honor out their 1/1/1 contract. It just has a TON of upsides and from what I can tell few downsides.

This could be used as a money launder/mover aswell? Might not be an issue but it could be away around the "taxes"

Block org owners from being able to buy out their own contracts. Force them to go to their org page and release their own fighters to avoid that. Unless there was a different way you were thinking.

This was my concern,this wont affect the majority of honest players here,they would pay or follow rules and the jerks would still be jerks and just not sign

I guess I'm not sure what you mean. This basically would be to shield managers who don't know all their owners well against jerk owners. Also would serve org owners in getting them their signing bonus back when someone drops a fighter to FA when their under contract. It also affects anyone who wants to pick up an FA because there would no longer be FA's already under contracts so they could shop around.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean. This basically would be to shield managers who don't know all their owners well against jerk owners. Also would serve org owners in getting them their signing bonus back when someone drops a fighter to FA when their under contract. It also affects anyone who wants to pick up an FA because there would no longer be FA's already under contracts so they could shop around.

i see what youre saying, the current method people get screwed, especially picking up a fighter

If any manager REALLY wants a release, they have two options (to me, as an org owner):

1. Tell me the problem and if its reasonable, I release them and they're cool, I wish them luck.

2. Tell me the problem and if it's fucking bollocks, I release them and they're on my shit list, never to be dealt with in-game ever again.

Simple enough for me in practise. With that said, The idea of the OP is great too. Though better to make the buyout fee an automatically calculated function of the 3 contract payment agreements and fights left.