Alcohol is poison

Rambo

sorry but my brother was fine in life till he got addicted to weed and was never violent on weed like i said he would steal & become violent cause he could not get his next fix on the stuff ( thats addiction) and im sorry u kind of contradict yourself when u say its all my brothers fault and then in the next phrase say ( millions of people have chemical imbalances and react to in different ways ) so u kind of jump to conclusions without knowing my brother and say he is a fool but but then in another breath talk about things reacting different, in different people

and he is not the only family member i know that act the same, i have nephews that are agro till they smoke meaning if u dont get your next hit like anything in addiction u feel mad and upset but by taking these drugs u feel even worse and act even worse. im sorry i dont need to smoke to feel happy in my life

sorry face kicker but this comment is void u have to know the person to what caused what

there can be latent issues that haven't manifested yet, that are brought on by anything (especially psychotropics, and/or psychological or physical withdrawal symptoms from anything (caffeine, nicotine, etc, etc)). i don't pretend to be a doctor, but i definitely think there's more to your brother's story than just weed.

• Upvote 1

I have nothing against marijuana I used to be a heavy smoker myself until I had kids, and once that happened I had no problem quitting whatsoever. That said, I wouldn't want my kids to start smoking it at too young of an age because no matter how much marijuana smokers want to deny it the truth is it does make you a little dumber and slower while your high (which is a big part of the reason why I ended up quitting) and I'd really hate to see my kids early education go down the toilet. Once they are out of high school and on their own I wouldn't have a problem with them smoking marijuana if they chose to. I started smoking to soon myself and it definitely affected my education in a negative way and I had to work extra hard to get to where I am now.

I'm definitely a huge believer in marijuana's pain relief and healing properties though. If I ever break a bone again or get some kind of medical condition I'll be looking to get my hands on some ganja ASAP!

P.s. I agree, alcohol is poison. :)

One side effect Co2be missed of Marijuana: causes people to never shut the fuck up about how great their drug of choice is and causes them to constantly whine about its illegality (do you fuckers really want Monsanto Marijuana plants?).

Verrry True. Interesting how quick they are to judge alcohol and drinkers though...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If cigarettes are legal then I can't see any justifiable reason why weed isn't. As with most things in life (alcohol, fast food, gambling ect) its all about quantity. If you drink to excess you've got repercussions such as liver and kidney disease, high blood pressure, increase risk of cancer and heart disease. That doesn't mean alcohol should be banned it just means you shouldn't be drinking it all day every day. The same as you shouldn't smoke weed all day every day, eat fast food for every meal or gamble every dollar you have.

People need to start taking responsibility for there own actions and not relying on governments to tell them what to do like robots. If you've got the internet then do your own research, make you own decisions and deal with your own consequences.

I personally don't smoke weed but I strongly defend an adults right to do so.

• Upvote 1

Alcohol is bad M'kay,

Based on the analyses of 100 individual country profiles, The World Health Organization (WHO) has released The Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health focused on analyzing available evidence on alcohol consumption, consequences and policy interventions at global, regional and national levels.

The harmful use of alcohol is a global problem which compromises both individual and social development. It causes harm far beyond the physical and psychological health of the drinker, including the harm to the well-being and health of people around the drinker. Alcohol is associated with many serious social and developmental issues, including violence, child neglect and abuse, and absenteeism in the workplace.

The harmful use of alcohol (defined as excessive use to the point that it causes damage to health) has many implications on public health as demonstrated in the following key findings:

• Harmful use of alcohol results in the death of 2.5 million people annually, causes illness and injury to millions more, and increasingly affects younger generations and drinkers in developing countries.

• Nearly 4% of all deaths are related to alcohol. Most alcohol-related deaths are caused by alcohol result from injuries, cancer, cardiovascular diseases and liver cirrhosis.

• 6.2% of male deaths are related to alcohol, compared to 1.1% of female deaths.

• 320 000 young people aged 15-29 years die annually, from alcohol-related causes, resulting in 9% of all deaths in that age group.

• Almost 50% of men and two-thirds of women do not consume alcohol.

• Harmful alcohol use is one of four common risk factors, along with tobacco use, poor diet and physical inactivity, for the four main groups of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) – cardiovascular diseases, cancer, chronic lung diseases and diabetes.

• Alcohol is the world's third largest risk factor for disease burden; it is the leading risk factor in the Western Pacific and the Americas and the second largest in Europe.

The harmful use of alcohol is also associated with several infectious diseases like HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). This is because alcohol consumption weakens the immune system, reduces inhibitions, effects judgment and has a negative effect on patients' adherence to antiretroviral treatment.

Alcohol Impact Measured in Potential Years of Life Lost Due to Premature Death:

As part of the research, the following chart from the Global Health Risks report compares the top global health concerns using the disability-adjusted life year (DALY). DALY extends the concept of potential years of life lost due to premature death to include equivalent years of "healthy" life lost by virtue of being in states of poor health or disability.

As you can see below, of 19 health concerns, alcohol is ranked #3, and is greater than unsafe water, high blood pressure, tobacco, obesity and illicit drugs (ranked #18).

Read more here,

http://www.ncadd.org/index.php/in-the-news/155-25-million-alcohol-related-deaths-worldwide-annually

• Upvote 2

sorry but my brother was fine in life till he got addicted to weed and was never violent on weed like i said he would steal & become violent cause he could not get his next fix on the stuff ( thats addiction) and im sorry u kind of contradict yourself when u say its all my brothers fault and then in the next phrase say ( millions of people have chemical imbalances and react to in different ways ) so u kind of jump to conclusions without knowing my brother and say he is a fool but but then in another breath talk about things reacting different, in different people

and he is not the only family member i know that act the same, i have nephews that are agro till they smoke meaning if u dont get your next hit like anything in addiction u feel mad and upset but by taking these drugs u feel even worse and act even worse. im sorry i dont need to smoke to feel happy in my life

sorry face kicker but this comment is void u have to know the person to what caused wh

Your brother was not fine in life and probably wasnt addicted to weed. Your family seems to have a lot of people with similar problems. Maybe you should spend more time consider what the root of those problems is. Maybe you have one of those abusive pedophile uncles or something along those lines. To be fair it is possible your family just has some shitty weed or an unusual reaction to the substance. People dont lie cheat and steal because they smoke some weed. They are liars, cheaters and thieves who also smoke weed. I used to lie, cheat and steal among other things AND smoke weed. Now I just smoke weed because i dont want to be a liar cheater or thief. Interstingly, I quit drinking because when I'm drunk I still might exibit some of that bad behavior. Judging from past behavior I dont seem to be able to control it often times after drinking. After smoking I always have control over that type of anti social behavior AND I dont say stupid things that cause arguements in my relationships.

Marijuana > Alcohol

Why would you apologize for not needing to smoke to feel happy in your life? What makes you think anyone NEEDS that to feel happy. Pick something you do that makes you feel happy and substitute that into your I dont need blank to feel happy. We dont need these things we choose them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Your brother was not fine in life and probably wasnt addicted to weed. Your family seems to have a lot of people with similar problems. Maybe you should spend more time consider what the root of those problems is. Maybe you have one of those abusive pedophile uncles or something along those lines. To be fair it is possible your family just has some shitty weed or an unusual reaction to the substance. People dont lie cheat and steal because they smoke some weed. They are liars, cheaters and thieves who also smoke weed. I used to lie, cheat and steal among other things AND smoke weed. Now I just smoke weed because i dont want to be a liar cheater or thief. Interstingly, I quit drinking because when I'm drunk I still might exibit some of that bad behavior. Judging from past behavior I dont seem to be able to control it often times after drinking. After smoking I always have control over that type of anti social behavior AND I dont say stupid things that cause arguements in my relationships.

Marijuana > Alcohol

Why would you apologize for not needing to smoke to feel happy in your life? What makes you think anyone NEEDS that to feel happy. Pick something you do that makes you feel happy and substitute that into your I dont need blank to feel happy. We dont need these things we choose them.

u say my brother was not fine in life :lol2: i dont know how many poeple can say it was all my brothers fault and had problems before he even took weed, did u know him personly ? and i am gonna go out on a limb a say no

and u say also in the next breath, now my family has problems ???? u dont even no me or my family and just to give u answer not that u will believe me cause by all your comments its my brothers fault - no we do not have mental issues or any of the other suggestions and ideas u are all pulling out your arses so u can make yourself feel good by taking drugs

and if u read my comment properley u would have seen, i said he gets bad when he cant get his hands on it, theres a difference on it and of it its called withdrawles the more u take the less time u can be away from it. there is no bad reaction he did not see spiders crawling on him or think he was a pokemon

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People dont lie cheat and steal because they smoke some weed. They are liars, cheaters and thieves who also smoke weed. I used to lie, cheat and steal among other things AND smoke weed.

like i said to someone else its not on the stuff u do the stealing and bad stuff its of it and u can not get your hands on the stuff.

meening u need to steal to pay for it. go read 1st before replying

there can be latent issues that haven't manifested yet, that are brought on by anything (especially psychotropics, and/or psychological or physical withdrawal symptoms from anything (caffeine, nicotine, etc, etc)). i don't pretend to be a doctor, but i definitely think there's more to your brother's story than just weed.

and i also love how everyone is quick to judge my brother not having met him and blame it on pixie dust your all grasping at straws

when i give my opinion on the matter and the way it has affected my family by members having use it, u all go apeshit & all jump to its aid :) that is pretty funny &i am sorry but i will defend my blood to the bitter end

and just blaming stuff on other things beside the drug that caused the problem, is delusional

and i also love how everyone is quick to judge my brother not having met him and blame it on pixie dust your all grasping at straws

when i give my opinion on the matter and the way it has affected my family by members having use it, u all go apeshit & all jump to its aid :) that is pretty funny &i am sorry but i will defend my blood to the bitter end

and just blaming stuff on other things beside the drug that caused the problem, is delusional

How you gonna talk about defending your brother when you are the one who threw all this shit out here. And of course people gonna judge because your bringing this up, not anyone else here. No one would be judging shit if you never brought it up right, so prepare yourself if your gonna throw your fam under the microscope next time.

Your brother was not fine in life and probably wasnt addicted to weed. Your family seems to have a lot of people with similar problems. Maybe you should spend more time consider what the root of those problems is. Maybe you have one of those abusive pedophile uncles or something along those lines. To be fair it is possible your family just has some shitty weed or an unusual reaction to the substance.

my family has other problems, im sorry but i dont know u and i am pretty sure u dont know me :suicide_anim: am i the only one that find this comment wierd

and then saying i have a pedophile in the family :bangin: your comments are the usual of some on a lot of weed ^^ everything u said in this comment is just stupid or is there an unerlyng problem going on in your life, did someone touch you in your special place

How you gonna talk about defending your brother when you are the one who threw all this shit out here. And of course people gonna judge because your bringing this up, not anyone else here. No one would be judging shit if you never brought it up right, so prepare yourself if your gonna throw your fam under the microscope next time.

i was giving an example and experiance of my life what drugs have done. but saying a pedophile messed him up dont u think thats a little far fatback

and threw all this shit out there, what the truth. what can i say the truth hurts that drugs are bad. it must be so eye opening to hear that for the very 1st time :suicide_anim:

and also if u read the comment fatback u will also see it is my brother charchter that is in question not the fact that drugs messed him up

i was trying to say to poeple what drugs did to his life and the poeple around him but everone elses excuse is that he has other problems its not the drugs fault, if your a smart person u can see that this is all backwards

i'm not judging him at all.

and like i said before, i'm not a doctor, nor am i trying to diagnose him with anything. i was just pointing out that from my life experience and education, that i haven't seen marijuana alter someone's personality/actions to that degree by itself; that it may have brought things to the forefront that weren't previously noticeable, but were always there.

you're perfectly free to have (and express) your opinion, just as i'm doing. i haven't read everyone else's posts, but i know that mine weren't judgmental or anything, and far from "going apeshit", so there's no need to get super defensive. and if i'm correct, and your brother has some issues that were not caused by weed, what does it matter? i'm not judging him for them. everyone has flaws, and a lot of it is genetics and chemical imbalances in the brain, that aren't anyone's fault.

• Upvote 1

Let's get back on track and away from so and so's family drama... Since I don't know them I won't comment on that. Why I'm even getting involved in this thread at all I don't know, lol.

I've been smoking since I was about 12 and I've been drinking since 23 (I'm 25 now, stuck with just bud for a long time). Alcohol is no doubt a worse drug than marijuana but I'm not saying it's totally bad either. Alcohol really depends on the person just like weed does. Everyone is effected differently and one person may be fine on alcohol and a fucking idiot on weed and vice-versa (although from my experience, it's the drinkers who can't handle their weed. Don't smoke when you're drunk unless you're an experienced smoker.).

One thing I can say though is that I have never seen a stoner dad/man who has rage highs and fucks with his family like some types of alcohol does. There is no denying that it can bring some serious hate up in certain people that weed just doesn't do. Weed isn't perfect either but it hurts the individual doing it and not others.

I'm high almost all of the time and no one ever notices it. Drunks on the other hand? Kind of hard not to spot them. One thing that really annoys me though is the people who will constantly preach how good their drug of choice is. It's fucking annoying! Yay you love it, some don't, now stfu. Everyone has what they like and don't like. They're are like the bible thumpers trying to convert people to their religion.

In my opinion though, they should both be legal.

Everything in moderation, alcohol and marijuana.

This is probably the best way to go. But really some people are just stoners/alcoholics and they're gonna do what they're gonna do.

• Upvote 3

u say my brother was not fine in life :lol2: i dont know how many poeple can say it was all my brothers fault and had problems before he even took weed, did u know him personly ? and i am gonna go out on a limb a say no

and u say also in the next breath, now my family has problems ???? u dont even no me or my family and just to give u answer not that u will believe me cause by all your comments its my brothers fault - no we do not have mental issues or any of the other suggestions and ideas u are all pulling out your arses so u can make yourself feel good by taking drugs

and if u read my comment properley u would have seen, i said he gets bad when he cant get his hands on it, theres a difference on it and of it its called withdrawles the more u take the less time u can be away from it. there is no bad reaction he did not see spiders crawling on him or think he was a pokemon

One of the dumbest fucking things I've ever read on this forum.

• Downvote 2

Let's get back on track and away from so and so's family drama... Since I don't know them I won't comment on that. Why I'm even getting involved in this thread at all I don't know, lol.

I've been smoking since I was about 12 and I've been drinking since 23 (I'm 25 now, stuck with just bud for a long time). Alcohol is no doubt a worse drug than marijuana but I'm not saying it's totally bad either. Alcohol really depends on the person just like weed does. Everyone is effected differently and one person may be fine on alcohol and a fucking idiot on weed and vice-versa (although from my experience, it's the drinkers who can't handle their weed. Don't smoke when you're drunk unless you're an experienced smoker.).

One thing I can say though is that I have never seen a stoner dad/man who has rage highs and fucks with his family like some types of alcohol does. There is no denying that it can bring some serious hate up in certain people that weed just doesn't do. Weed isn't perfect either but it hurts the individual doing it and not others.

I'm high almost all of the time and no one ever notices it. Drunks on the other hand? Kind of hard not to spot them. One thing that really annoys me though is the people who will constantly preach how good their drug of choice is. It's fucking annoying! Yay you love it, some don't, now stfu. Everyone has what they like and don't like. They're are like the bible thumpers trying to convert people to their religion.

In my opinion though, they should both be legal.

This is probably the best way to go. But really some people are just stoners/alcoholics and they're gonna do what they're gonna do.

Anybody who thinks weed should be illegal, should also agree that sugar, coffee, caffeine, cigarettes, tobacco, cigars, soda, candy, energy drinks, alcohol, and all prescription drugs should also be illegal. It's about educating people past their indoctrination. Regardless if you use marijuana or not, it shouldn't be illegal because it's safer / less addicting than everything I just listed.

As for this thread, this is the result of drinking enough alcohol to kill an elephant, waking up and regretting it the next day, and not understanding how something like alcohol that causes the majority of fatal car accidents is legal, when marijuana isn't. When I (and most) say marijuana is great, it is, but I'm not telling you to do it. Paying two hookers to blow you at the same time is great also, but doesn't mean I think everybody should go out and try it ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1