Alright That's Enough

anderson007

I have seen it a bit but never to this extreme and in a title fight as well. Tiko trained hard and he popped several times in defensive grappling and if you look at the amount of sub attempts he stopped with his white belt in BJJ he deserved to see a second round. The other fighter was just spamming subs on the ground and surely if you attempt 14 different subs in 9 minutes you would gas. It really needs looking at because it's not really worth developing a stand up fighter with good defensive ground game. Here is my suggestion:

Take the amount of energy lost for failed takedown and submissions and times the number by about 3x. I understand that some people can have high cardio but it is all too common and the fix isn't that complex.

Match

I have seen it a bit but never to this extreme and in a title fight as well. Tiko trained hard and he popped several times in defensive grappling and if you look at the amount of sub attempts he stopped with his white belt in BJJ he deserved to see a second round. The other fighter was just spamming subs on the ground and surely if you attempt 14 different subs in 9 minutes you would gas. It really needs looking at because it's not really worth developing a stand up fighter with good defensive ground game. Here is my suggestion:

Take the amount of energy lost for failed takedown and submissions and times the number by about 3x. I understand that some people can have high cardio but it is all too common and the fix isn't that complex.

Match

Also, the consequences of low energy have to be reviewed, because it seems that you can go into a match with low energy and still spam like hell.

You made a white belt, consider yourself lucky that you didn't get submitted with the first attempt.

Submission attempts may seem like a lot, but not everyone puts a great deal of points towards GnP. So say a fight goes immediatley to the ground, each guy does something like 100 moves per round. Other than controlling you, and advancing position, all he has is submissions. Another thing to take into consideration is just because you see "sub attempt" doesn't mean the guy is going all out for a submission.

You made a white belt, consider yourself lucky that you didn't get submitted with the first attempt.

Submission attempts may seem like a lot, but not everyone puts a great deal of points towards GnP. So say a fight goes immediatley to the ground, each guy does something like 100 moves per round. Other than controlling you, and advancing position, all he has is submissions. Another thing to take into consideration is just because you see "sub attempt" doesn't mean the guy is going all out for a submission.

As far as I know, Sub Attempt DOES mean that he is attempting a submission.

Cry me a river, you have a white belt want do you expect? Nothing needs to be done about submissions just because some people don't like them.

Cry me a river, you have a white belt want do you expect? Nothing needs to be done about submissions just because some people don't like them.

I beg to differ. I changed one of my fighters' strategy to all stand-up, but accidentally forgot to change the ground settings (which were like 80% ground subs) and my fighter ended up totally sub spamming the other guy. I know, this one is my fault, but. It would've only been fair if my fighter was exhausted after like 7 sub attempts and couldn't've gone the distance.

• 2 weeks later...

Match

I don't know if there's worse, but the match you're showing isn't really that bad. I'm a white belt level guy who only does no gi, and I think a purple belt of my weight and athletic abilities would take about five tries to submit me if he were going all out. If he had to deal with strikes, add a few more attempts. Your match looks about right for a white v. purple matchup. Additionally, some subs can be combined with each other. The defenses for armbar, triangle, and omoplata all lead into each other- in other words, a failed triangle can immediately be turned into an omoplata or armbar attempt. The match you posted includes several such realistic combinations-

Kimura to americana to armbar- all legit transitions

kimura, arm triangle, kimura, armbar, kimura, kimura, arm triangle- all legit transitions

The next sequence could be considered a continuation, but I'll consider it a new one because of the reversal. Given that this is text based, it's hard to tell exactly what happened, but even if you don't combine these with the previous, you have an armbar from mount that turns into an armbar from guard due to the roll.

Than you have a sole triangle attempt.

Than a sole armbar.

Viewed that way, you have 5 sub attempts over nine minutes. The 13 were just results of transitions that a purple belt could pull off fairly easily on a white belt. Now, if there is sub spamming to the point where one party goes for an armbar, returns to guard completely, goes for another armbar, returns to guard completely ad nauseum for the entire match, that would be fairly tiring in real life.

It'll get sorted - it's about 3 or 4 on the priority list.

I don't mean to provoke anything...and I would assume this would spark debate, and is probably not worthy of the talk, but...

Anyway you can share the list of improvements? I'm more curious as to what is on the list than I am in what priority it is planned to be fixed.

I don't mean to provoke anything...and I would assume this would spark debate, and is probably not worthy of the talk, but...

Anyway you can share the list of improvements? I'm more curious as to what is on the list than I am in what priority it is planned to be fixed.

It's got a load of "secret" links in the document so I can't share it, sorry.

Sub spamming don't bother me that much mainly cuz what unknown191 said. You can transition fairly easily from 1 sub attempt to another. My only issue really is takedown spamming. As long as energy takes a factor in all of this, I really don't care. I'll learn to develop a gameplan and a fighter to knock the fuckers out.

It's got a load of "secret" links in the document so I can't share it, sorry.

I think he means in general, like..

1. Bookies

2. Sub spamming

3. ...

etc

I don't know if there's worse, but the match you're showing isn't really that bad. I'm a white belt level guy who only does no gi, and I think a purple belt of my weight and athletic abilities would take about five tries to submit me if he were going all out. If he had to deal with strikes, add a few more attempts. Your match looks about right for a white v. purple matchup. Additionally, some subs can be combined with each other. The defenses for armbar, triangle, and omoplata all lead into each other- in other words, a failed triangle can immediately be turned into an omoplata or armbar attempt. The match you posted includes several such realistic combinations-

Kimura to americana to armbar- all legit transitions

kimura, arm triangle, kimura, armbar, kimura, kimura, arm triangle- all legit transitions

The next sequence could be considered a continuation, but I'll consider it a new one because of the reversal. Given that this is text based, it's hard to tell exactly what happened, but even if you don't combine these with the previous, you have an armbar from mount that turns into an armbar from guard due to the roll.

Than you have a sole triangle attempt.

Than a sole armbar.

Viewed that way, you have 5 sub attempts over nine minutes. The 13 were just results of transitions that a purple belt could pull off fairly easily on a white belt. Now, if there is sub spamming to the point where one party goes for an armbar, returns to guard completely, goes for another armbar, returns to guard completely ad nauseum for the entire match, that would be fairly tiring in real life.

I can't find any fault in this post.

Well done.