Rousey Vs McMann difficult to pick

I don't know this McMann and can't be bothered to look her up but what I would say is how good is her striking? Stand Up ye but more importantly on the ground. Just because she is a wrestler doesn't mean that she will win, sleeping all over people (Wrastling style) isn't going to work against Rouseys active ground game and constant transitions into dangerous positions. I think the person that beats Rousey is a wrastler with Barnett style g&p

I don't know this McMann and can't be bothered to look her up but what I would say is how good is her striking? Stand Up ye but more importantly on the ground. Just because she is a wrestler doesn't mean that she will win, sleeping all over people (Wrastling style) isn't going to work against Rouseys active ground game and constant transitions into dangerous positions. I think the person that beats Rousey is a wrastler with Barnett style g&p

McMann doesn't have great striking but she doesn't totally compromise her balance striking either, so her striking wouldn't set up free throws for Rousey.

you want to know how her skills are, but can't be bothered to look her up. don't know shit about her but want to comment on not only how she will win/lose but your going to also say why. gtfo. seriously. I'd say shove your comment up your ass but obviously it won't fit because your head is already up there.

• Upvote 3

Rousey will win but she's not going to be hip tossing her like she did to Tate. She'll get an armbar from guard, or hit a swim move from the back or hit it in transition into spiderweb then finish the armbar

I was screaming at the screen when Ronda hit the swim move into spider web vs Tate.. shame she let the leg go to feebly yank on the arm instead, she was so close. :( Not to mention a "douchebag" finish would be perfect for her.

there isn't a female out there (besides Cyborg but she's on steroids) who can out grapple Rousey and pound her out with GnP from a dominant position. Her guard retention is too good and throwing strikes from within her guard is just asking to be triangled or armbarred. The blueprint for beating a judoka is footwork and distance management. Circling away from her, not engaging in a clinch or takedowns and using an effective jab / low kicks to wear her down. Everyone she has fought has either engaged her in a grappling contest or didn't have proper distance management/didn't circle properly

she's going to remain undefeated for a long time

Rousey. I do not even know the other fighter. Then again i do not know almost any female fighters, but from what i have seen so far, Rousey has a pretty all around package. Her only real weakness is her boxing which is average, but against a Wrestler she should do well. Then again if she cannot take her down, then it could take away a large part of her gameplan.

Speaking of bull rushing, I remember when McCann faced Sheila Gaff and that was Gaff's tactic, didn't work out so well! Takedown in the first 5 seconds or so!

McCann should definitely have a much better chance of avoiding the throws and I agree she's not just going to rush in and get tossed immediately. McCann may have to work on her passes though, I mentioned in the other thread that she was content to work from guard against Gaff and that could be a big mistake against Ronda.

It'll be interesting to see who has the best standup out of each of them.

Pulling for McCann but I'd probably bet on Ronda.

The problem with this fight is that McMann will want to take it to the ground, and that is exactly where Rousey wants the fight anyway. Everything McMann does on the ground will provide openings for the sweep and armbar. Zigano provides a very different challenge with her striking, but I'm not sure she is better at staying vertical than Meisha (and we know how that turned out).

If there is a woman in the division right now, that can actually beat Ronda, it's McMann.

I think Ronda will probably still get the win, but McMann will easily be her toughest challenge in the division.