Fights You/We Want to See in 2014

Deuce7

With the New Year now upon us (a few of us still have a few hours left before the new year), I figured we should discuss the top 10 fights you/we would like to see in 2014......

1. Anthony Pettis vs Jose Aldo - I will get one of the most obvious one out of the way. Champion vs Champion and probably the biggest threat to Aldo's reign.

2. Michael Bisping vs Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza - Why not?? Both are still top contenders and this could be a title eliminator (for now). A technical fight that could turn into a slugfest.

3. John Dodson vs Joseph Benavidez - The mix of speed and power in this fight would be AWESOME!!! Dodson with a dynamite left hand and Benavidez with a sledgehammer of a right hand.

4. Edson Barboza vs Donald Cerrone - Both are true mixed martial artists, but they also have the ability to finish their opponents at any point. Plus it also shows if Barboza is ready for the top of the division.

5. Raphael Assuncao vs Michael McDonald - Assuncao believes he is ready for the big boys and McDonald is the man that can determine if Assuncao is ready.

6. Roy Nelson vs Alistair Overeem - Loser leaves town fight. Maybe not leaves town, but at least we will know who the true gatekeeper of the heavyweight division will be.

7. Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones - I'm not as high up on Cormier as most, but until the Gustafsson rematch happens this might be the only other fighter to challenge Jones at LHW.

8. Thiago Alves vs Hector Lombard - Alves probably wouldn't last long since his cage-rust is more then likely going to catch up with him, but it's an entertaining fight to think about.

9. Frankie Edgar vs Conor McGregor - Oh come on, who wouldn't want to see this fight. If you are as high up on McGregor as I am you love this. If you hate McGregor, the possibility of him getting his ass kicked is nice.

10. Cain Velasquez vs Jon Jones - Doubt this will happen in 2014, but hey I can dream. We all know it's a matter of time before Jones moves to heavyweight and this fight would sell.

• Upvote 1

Somebody did a pretty similar topic recently, http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39835

This is what I went for then....

Nate Diaz vs Diego Sanchez

GSP vs Johny Hendricks

Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva

Already two of those seem very unlikely lol. I'd like to see Nick Diaz back vs somebody though, perhaps Bisping or Rockhold. Hendricks vs Condit 2 would also be pretty good if they can win their respective fights.

Already two of those seem very unlikely lol. I'd like to see Nick Diaz back vs somebody though, perhaps Bisping or Rockhold. Hendricks vs Condit 2 would also be pretty good if they can win their respective fights.

Could you imagine the trash talk between Bisping and Diaz

I want to see Aldo vs Mendes II somewhere that isn't Brazil, mostly because if it's in Brazil the ref will never call Aldo for grabbing the fence for fear of a riot.

let's be fair, Aldo spun and kneed Mendez in the face ending the fight, let's not gripe about an instinctive grab of the fence for a split second....

let's be fair, Aldo spun and kneed Mendez in the face ending the fight, let's not gripe about an instinctive grab of the fence for a split second....

Lets be fair; if the ref had broken them up on the fence grab, Mendes wouldn't have been in position for the knee. Aldo still probably would've won, but given Mendes is the only legitimate challenger in the division I'd like to see the fight without the fence grab.

Also this isn't just a split second grab, this is the difference between Mendes in side or back control and the fight staying in the clinch. Honestly when it's as blatant as this the ref should just break them and restart the fight on the ground.

http://i.imgur.com/b0WQR.gif

• Upvote 2

Mighty Mouse vs Benavidez 3

Faber vs Cruz

Weidman vs Vitor

Overeem vs JDS

Pat Barry vs anybody at LHW

Pettis vs Nate Diaz

Jones vs Gus 2

Aldo vs Mendes 2

Hunt vs Nelson

Conor vs Diego

I consider that Jones - Cormier fight an interesting fight but a bad matchup, as I really think Cormier beats Jones so a rematch between Jones and Gus probably will not happen.