The Island Season 2 - General Discussion

That's why I was confused when I saw a guy with around $3500 a few days in, which to me, is rich for the Island considering the time frame.

I imagine he got say, $300 from winning a fight, and two $750 sponsors or something but how did companies afford to give him that much?

Highest sponsorship I have sent out is $1000 and that sponsorship will last the entire 6 months of the Island.

Anyone who pays more than $50 for a gym in the first month of creation on the island need to look at their management skills because they are terrible. Coaches come later, work on the fundamentals first and if you do you will have money in the bank when it is time for coaches.

Well said :)

I forgot I was on The Island, went straight to the $750 a week. Now I am broke and can't get a contract because so are the orgs.

Whatevs, bring it :P

Anyone who pays more than $50 for a gym in the first month of creation on the island need to look at their management skills because they are terrible. Coaches come later, work on the fundamentals first and if you do you will have money in the bank when it is time for coaches.

Completely agree Kronix. I guess we're lucky to have already competed on The Island so we sort of know what we're doing :)

Well said :)

I forgot I was on The Island, went straight to the $750 a week. Now I am broke and can't get a contract because so are the orgs.

Whatevs, bring it :P

I paid the $50 for the basic gym, then switched ($750) as the basic gym was dirty and overcrowded and I didn't want my morale to drop. Should have just stuck at Cozads or whatever. Now I went part time, and I'll probably end up going back to the first gym anyways when my cash runs out.

Live and learn.

Actually, I just got booted from the gym since I only have $39. So now I can't even train it seems. I went part time last night in order to have the $200 required to stay at the gym. Can someone explain what happened please? You do get $200 when going part time correct?

[edit]

As per the wiki:

"Part time training (they will get an income of $200 and 6 training slots per week)"

So how come I didn't get the $200?

Actually, I just got booted from the gym since I only have $39. So now I can't even train it seems. I went part time last night in order to have the $200 required to stay at the gym. Can someone explain what happened please? You do get $200 when going part time correct?

[edit]

As per the wiki:

"Part time training (they will get an income of $200 and 6 training slots per week)"

So how come I didn't get the $200?

When did you set your fighter to part time? It probably takes a full week before your paid 200$

^^^^^^ I got 400dollars in my company account till the 19th event, 1st 2 events were 2 much for contracts & not enough people on seats :( and the contracts are only 1k1k1k and even that was 2 much at the start I went a little over board :lol2: and know paying for the mistake I have a lot of people counting on me at the moment I have a waiting list that is as long as my arm, don't worry I have short arms its not that long :lol2:

but I will come on here and say no matter how far we look down at the moment we will not give up and bounce back, Island domination was my plan for the island and that plan has not changed, I plan to have the most competitive roster and best contracts and be number 1. Island Freedom Fighters may be down at the moment but when we have nothing to lose and out backs against the wall we are just as dangerous, WE WILL SUCCEED :)

I got a couple guys for you but will wait until they have 4 or 5 qfc fights

So I paid $750 to be at the gym, but got booted since that put me under $200. $750 burned.

I had switched to part time, so when I got booted, it didn't auto switch to full time work, Another $200 gone.

Can't sign up to a new gym so my guy is just sitting there.

From #2 p4p, #1 HW to who knows what now...pretty discouraging. :weeping:

Deuce7, you are the MAN!!!!

I just joined Cozad's and will do it right this time. Thanks for the help!

No problem. If anyone else gets under that $200 limit let me know and I will get a sponsorship sent your way asap.

• Upvote 1

So I paid $750 to be at the gym, but got booted since that put me under $200. $750 burned.

I had switched to part time, so when I got booted, it didn't auto switch to full time work, Another $200 gone.

Can't sign up to a new gym so my guy is just sitting there.

From #2 p4p, #1 HW to who knows what now...pretty discouraging. :weeping:

I did the same, now I realise I can do a QFC and get cash! Come in and I'll knock the P4P right out of you :D

I'd like a sponsorship if you're giving them out Deuce7: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=239333

His dad finished in the Top 5 in his weightclass and equal 4th in the end of season tournament last season.