Barbarian Fight Club - Official Smack Talk Thread

Love him or hate him Sir Castor Rollins is a part of Barbarian Fight Club. There has been a lot of trash talking going on between Castor and the roster of BFC and more than a few managers where upset with the way Sir Castor broke onto the scene. He showed up and put the entire roster on notice, and laid out an open challenge to whoever dared to face one of his fighters. Some say it was low while I thought it was pure genius. Castor will be cornering five fights on the Castor versus Barbarian event and I can tell you he did not get an easy line up of fights. We will take a look at all five of them, and the other five fights which includes mega star Christopher Newton defending his Welterweight Championship against Marcelo Aurelio.

Preliminary Bout Number 1- Light Heavyweight Bout (205lbs)

Sir Castor Rollins versus Grove Monkey

Rickard Ljungberg (0-0) {0-0} versus Dr Awesome Phd (1-0) {0-0}

Rickard has a great Muay Thai background and a decent ground game to go with it. He will be making his debut in this fight so we cannot be sure what his tactics will be but I am sure he will come in with a very solid game plan. I would assume he is going to try and clinch with Phd but my guess is as good as yours. Phd had his first fight a while back. In the fight he was able to mix his strikes well and he landed at a high percentage. He was unable to finish his opponent but we know he has had plenty of time to work on his game since the fight. Phd will be looking to keep this fight at range as he uses his punches aggressively to keep Rickard at bay.

Prediction: Rickard Ljungberg wins by TKO in round number 3

Preliminary Bout Number 2- Lightweight Fight (155lbs)

Sir Castor Rollins versus Rory Daly

Alexander Fors (0-0) {0-0} versus Mario Bates (0-0) {0-0}

Both fighters will be making their pro debuts in this fight so it will be difficult to pick a winner. We know Fors has an amazing stand up game with a background in Muay Thai and the amount of boxing work he has put in. He should look to keep this fight standing as long as possible. There was a long running joke that Daly couldn’t manage his way out of a paper bag, but that seems to have died down now that he took down a great manager in K-Rad in their match up. Daly now has a chance to take down his former employer when he brings Mario Bates in to his first fight. Mario is now twenty years old and he has been training for a long time. Bates should have the ground advantage in this one so Fors will need to be prepared to really show off his take down defense.

Prediction: Bates wins by TKO in round number 1

Preliminary Bout Number 3- Heavyweight Fight (265lbs)

Sir Castor Rollins versus Butch Harris

Henk Sneijder (0-0) {0-0} versus Dominic "The Duke" Manucci (2-2) {0-0}

Yet another one of Sir Castor Rollins fighters has an extensive background in Muay Thai. Henk will obviously be looking to kick or to clinch as many of Castors fighters. I am not sure what game plan he will be going with in this one, but I am sure Manucci will be prepared for it. Harris is yet another great manager putting up a young stud to try and shut Rollins mouth and this in my opinion is the biggest miss match. Dominic is two and two and has already proven he knows how to fight and game plan so it could be a long fight for Henk and Castor. Dominic will have an advantage in the ground game and the striking in this one so all signs point at The Duke picking up a win in this one.

Prediction: Manucci wins by TKO in round number 1

Preliminary Bout Number 4- Welterweight Fight (170lbs)

Ravishing "Spartan" Joaquin (1-1) {0-0} versus "Mr. Canada" Vincent Tremblay (0-0) {0-0}

Joaquin is coming off a loss in his last fight. The brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu was not able to lock in a submission and in the second round he was technically knocked out. He will need to get this fight to the ground quick and then he will need to make sure he can lock in a submission if he wants a chance to win this fight. Tremblay will be making his pro debut in this one and we already know one thing, if he can keep it standing then the fight is already won. Tremblay does have a good wrestling background and he should be able to defend the takedowns and then use his boxing to get the upper hand on Joaquin.

Prediction: Tremblay wins by TKO in round number 2

Preliminary Bout Number 5- Lightweight Fight (155lbs)

Diego "Nightmare" Rios (3-3) {3-3} versus Decon Green (5-2) {4-2}

Rios has been threw a nightmare in these last few months. He is just one and three in his last four fights that have taken place since early March. Rios has a strong advantage in the striking department and since every round starts standing up that could give him the big advantage and he might end up with his second win since March. Green was on fire before Dobom extinguished him not to long ago. Since that first loss Green is one and one, and he would like to beat Rios and get on a two fight winning streak. In order to do that he will need to out wrestle Rios and make sure a majority of this fight takes place on the ground.

Prediction: Green wins by submission in round number 1

Main Card Bout Number 1- Heavyweight Fight (265lbs)

Sir Castor Rollins versus Aderbal Marciel

Klinton Klant (0-0) {0-0} versus Chin HoKelly (3-4) {3-4}

It is time to get another Castor fight in and this should be his easiest match up of the night. Klant is just like the rest of the Sir Castor Rollins stable in the fact this will be his debut fight, and his base is in Muay Thai. It would appear that Klant wants to stand and bang and I am sure HoKelly will oblige. HoKelly has a boxing base and he has yet to put together a winning streak. In his seven fights he is three and four with all seven decisions coming by TKO so this should be a bit of a strike fest.

Prediction: Klant wins by TKO in round number 1

Main Card Bout Number 2- Welterweight Fight (170lbs)

Rajesh "Raj" Koothrappali (4-3-1) {4-3-1} versus Matt "The Immortal " Brown (3-0) {3-0}

Rajesh has four wins and all of them have come via submission so his offensive game plan is pretty clear cut. He is going to try and take Brown down and look for a submission from any and every positions. Brown is a striker and he is three and o and all of his wins have come by knockout. Brown has great takedown defense as he has defended all eight takedowns in the three fights he has been in. All signs point to Brown winning this fight. Since all of Rajesh’s losses other than the one to Newton have come by TKO, and all of Browns wins have come by knockout.

Prediction: Brown wins by TKO in round number 1

Main Card Bout Number 3- Light Heavyweight Fight (205lbs)

Renato Cafu versus Sir Castor Rollins

Adrien "leão" Silva (5-1) {4-1} versus Ricardo Rios (0-0) {0-0}

We have seen Silva evolve over the last few months. He went from a one trick pony who could only submit his opponents. Now Silva can ground and pound his opponents or submit them. He has looked better and better week in and week out. Adrien has also improved his striking defense which will allow him to get the fight to the ground. Rios is the final one Sir Castor Rollins fighters that will be competing tonight. Rios could be the best trained fighter of Castor’s and he has an amazing stand up. The one question will be can Rios avoid the takedown from Silva. Not only will Rios need to avoid a takedown but he will also need to watch out for the counter takedown. This should be a great fight with the better fighter being Silva and the better manager being Sir Castor Rollins.

Prediction: Silva wins by submission in round number 1

Co Main Event Main Card Bout Number 4- Middleweight Fight (185lbs)

Roberts "White Bear" Junior (4-3) {4-2} versus Dan Stall (3-0) {3-0}

Junior is a twenty six year old brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. All four of his wins have come by submission as he has proven that he can grapple with the best of them. Junior does not have the best stand up and he has been TKO’ed twice out of his three losses. Stall is the definition of a prodigy. He is only eighteen and he is already three and o. Stall has amazing wrestling and a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and he has good stand up. As Stall continues to improve his striking and his defense he will become one of the most complete fighters at the young age of only eighteen.

Prediction: Stall wins by TKO in round number 2

Main Event Main Card Bout Number 5- Welterweight Title Fight (170lbs)

Christopher "The Wolf" Newton (5-0-1) {5-0-1} versus Marcelo Aurelio (7-0) {2-0}

With all the Castor fights going on this huge mega main event may have been pushed to the back burner but it shouldn’t be. I am just as guilty as most talking more about the Rollins fights than this huge main event that features Barbarian Fight Club’s hero Cristopher The Wolf Newton against undefeated challenger Marcelo Aurelio. These two fighters have a combined record of twelve wins zero losses and one draw. I am really interested in seeing what Newton’s game plan will be. He is more of a grappler, but he does have a great stand up base. Newton has taken all of his opponents to the ground and beaten them that way, but he will not be able to do that in this one. Marcelo has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and he has won five fights by way of submission. Marcelo will welcome a ground fight, but I think Newton is way too smart to take this fight to the ground. I think Newton will look to work his stand up and edge out a decision while the two fighters are standing. This in my opinion is Newton’s biggest challenge so far.

Prediction: Newton wins by decision after round number 5

I can’t wait to see the results of these fights. All the Rollins fights are interesting and this main event has to be one of the best main events we have ever had. I truly love this event and I cannot wait to see it.

• Upvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13877379865134.png

Christopher Newton

Newton is asked a question by a fan while he gets out of his bus, wearing his headphones. He takes his headphones off and asks for the fan to repeat the question. The fan is a Brazilian fan who spitefully mutters 'Uh vai morrer!', which translates to 'You will die!' in English. Newton dismisses the Aurelio fan as he seems to have taken offence to the statement.

Newton is to fight Aurelio in a very heated 3,000 seated arena, with presumably most of the fans being against him. This is his second title defence and his 7th professional fight. He has previously beaten Chiamaka Congo twice, Andokuhle Congo once and Rajeesh Koothrappali once. At 26 years of age, with a sole 1 year of training, he will be looking to solidify his position as one of the pioneers of BFC. Tune in at 17:00 local time and 22:00 GMT for a welterweight showdown only on Globo sport.

• Upvote 3

"Uh vai morrer!"

I love the way you guys work in the smack talk thread.

Really excited for today event!

We will have some news this weekend, sorry for not being able to make the Barbarian Betting for this event.

Nice work Nandorossi, I hope Manucci can get the KO. As much as i dislike the guy Castor is good at his slidders and me well lets say if i was i would have a pretty impressive record right now

I dont dislike you, I think its funny to piss you off tho. Good luck in the fight, I hope we will see a tough hard battle with me knocking your ass out.

Mr Rossi - Great writeup, I really like that part where you said that Silva is the better fighter but I am the better manager (Which is true)

Ricardo Rios vs Adrien Silva its just a matter of if I can knock his ass out before he takes me down, can go either way.

Groove Monkey, we had quite a big amount of smacktalk before this fight in the chat and I dont wish you good luck. :shades:

Rory, you have the best signature in the game, I will truly question my career in this game if I lose against you lol.

Aderbal Maciel, I dont think I have ever talked to you but I hope for a good fight and that I knock your ass out quickly.

I think that I will win 3 and lose 2 fights tonight.

LETS GET IT OOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :training2: :dancing:

Man, I'm soooo pumped for this event!!! This card is stacked!!!

Are you doing 100% takedowns?

Youre not man enough to stand and bang 1 second with Ricardo. (Think I already said that, however, its true) We all know how this fight will end, either you get a takedown and finish me or I knock you out.

EDIT: This is MMA Tycoon not Takedownspam Tycoon

• Upvote 1

Nice preview man, too bad the interview I did before this fight was a waste of time as it never got puplished.

And I'm exited to see how Marcelo can perform against his first truly tough opponent. Confident going in, but you know how that usually works out :D

Yeah I was hoping the magazine would get published before the event so that the interviews would be relevant.

Are you doing 100% takedowns?

Youre not man enough to stand and bang 1 second with Ricardo. (Think I already said that, however, its true) We all know how this fight will end, either you get a takedown and finish me or I knock you out.

EDIT: This is MMA Tycoon not Takedownspam Tycoon

I bet your fighters not man enough to fight on the ground, are you doing 100% standup ?

stop talking shit about tactics hes a ground fighter what do you expect numb nuts

Nice preview man, too bad the interview I did before this fight was a waste of time as it never got puplished.

And I'm exited to see how Marcelo can perform against his first truly tough opponent. Confident going in, but you know how that usually works out :D

Hello Janne, we got a issue with our designer, thats why we got this huge delay in the magazine, but since its going to be a monthly Magazine, we will probably be publishing the interview even after the fight if ok for you guys.

I thought you were into spandex hot pants :bigshock:

Anyway I hope you 155 guy wins cause my man Dimont would love a match up with him down the line