Machida vs Mousasi Discussion & Eventually Spoilers

Deuce7

Sorry guys. No Pick 'Em this week, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss the card.

Machida vs Mousasi is an interesting match up that I don't think we should have seen just yet. I would have liked to see Machida face another top contender this fight and would have liked to see Mousasi with a bit of a warm up match for his drop down to Middleweight.

Souza vs Carmont could be a complete snooze fest or end rather quickly. I like Carmont and think he has loads of talent, but he fights too safe and one of these days it will bite him in the ass. Souza on the other hand is probably the scariest fighter in the UFC right now. Dynamite hands and world class submission game............future champion written all over him (mental game is his downfall).

Let's be honest, I really don't give a crap about the rest of the card.

Moose/Machida fight is gonna be boring as fuck.

Jacare is gonna rip something of Carmont's off and put it on his mantle.

Mousasi vs Machida is going to be great dude, it will be a high technique fight with some super skilled fighters, not every fight has to be a slugfest to be fun.

Melendez vs Sanchez was great but i also enjoyed watching the high level back and forth exchange of Hendricks vs Condit!

Mousasi vs Machida is going to be great dude, it will be a high technique fight with some super skilled fighters, not every fight has to be a slugfest to be fun.

Melendez vs Sanchez was great but i also enjoyed watching the high level back and forth exchange of Hendricks vs Condit!

You're kidding yourself. It's gonna be three rounds of jabs, half hearted kicks, and feinting.

I think Machida Mousasi will be a very tentative fight. Machida looked great vs Munoz but Mousasi is a very good striker and has a win in K1 over Kyotaro who is a very good karate based fighter aswell. I have a feeling this goes all five and results in a close maybe controversial decision.

As far as Jacare/Carmont Jacare should win but I have a feeling Carmont will make it incredibly boring and Jacare wont be able to get a finish but he will still win.

I think Machida Mousasi will be a very tentative fight. Machida looked great vs Munoz but Mousasi is a very good striker and has a win in K1 over Kyotaro who is a very good karate based fighter aswell. I have a feeling this goes all five and results in a close maybe controversial decision.

As far as Jacare/Carmont Jacare should win but I have a feeling Carmont will make it incredibly boring and Jacare wont be able to get a finish but he will still win.

Exactly, it's gonna be a slow and boring fight between two guys who traditionally do just enough to win a fight when they aren't matched up with an ideal stylist opponent.

Exactly, it's gonna be a slow and boring fight between two guys who traditionally do just enough to win a fight when they aren't matched up with an ideal stylist opponent.

Machida obviously has HL reel KOs but he has some really boring fights aswell and Mousasi is very inconsistent and seems to fight to the level of his opponents, his fight against Jardine was bad, the Latifi fight really wasnt that great given the skill difference. I just think stylistically this fight wont be overly exciting with Mousasi slowly stalking and Machida circling.

Honestly that is what I am hoping for. It will be a technical fight, but for the sake of all of our sanity I hope it ends in the 1st round.

Same here. I like Mousasi but im hoping for Machida because I think he presents a tougher challenge for Weidman. This fight will either be a slow 5 rounds or a one shot ko out of nowhere.

Machida obviously has HL reel KOs but he has some really boring fights aswell and Mousasi is very inconsistent and seems to fight to the level of his opponents, his fight against Jardine was bad, the Latifi fight really wasnt that great given the skill difference. I just think stylistically this fight wont be overly exciting with Mousasi slowly stalking and Machida circling.

To be fair, Machida has one highlight reel KO against a worthy opponent (Rashad). The rest were people tailor made for his style or didn't belong in the cage with him. Weidman would run through him as bad as Jones did.

• Downvote 1

mousasi outlanded jardine 146 to 21......and he had a badly injured knee(which need surgery immediately after the fight) vs Ilir. everyone calls him a non finisher idk but having 28 out of 34 wins being finishes is pretty good

I agree he beat the shit out of Jardine and how that was a draw I will never know but he got taken down repeatedly by Jardine in that fight and he was able to get up but I think that would really be an issue vs Weidman

I'm going against the grain with my Machida/Mousasi pick here. I think Mousasi gets it done and also gets another finish. Ground and pound for the TKO. He's good enough on the feet to know not to stay in the middle distances where Lyoto can explode and land any of his kicks and will either be in the clinch or completely on the outside out of Machida's range. That being said obviously Machida can land a knockout at anytime but I don't think it happens here. Also who said he only has one HL reel KO? He has plenty Evans, Couture, Munoz, T. Silva, Bader to name a few others.

Souza/Carmont should be a complete blow out in my opinion. The Jacare since the Rockhold loss has been a scary man finishing all 5 opponents including two knockouts none more impressive then his last fight with Okami. He's getting a stand up game polished and serviceable enough to hang with most (it has a long way to develop still for sure) to go along with his top tier elite BJJ game. Scary thought indeed. He gets the submission win in this one.

I'm pumped to see Oliveira and E. Silva get back in the win column at this event also.

mousasi has the best chance out of ll mws to defeat machida.here are my reasons

1. he is patient and won't go into full blast t machida

2. he has the best boxing at mw and really good kickboxing

3.he has trained with a karate champ for 2-3 years. the karate champ has the same style as machida and has beaten machida 2x.

4. very well rounded.

I'm going against the grain with my Machida/Mousasi pick here. I think Mousasi gets it done and also gets another finish. Ground and pound for the TKO. He's good enough on the feet to know not to stay in the middle distances where Lyoto can explode and land any of his kicks and will either be in the clinch or completely on the outside out of Machida's range. That being said obviously Machida can land a knockout at anytime but I don't think it happens here. Also who said he only has one HL reel KO? He has plenty Evans, Couture, Munoz, T. Silva, Bader to name a few others.

Souza/Carmont should be a complete blow out in my opinion. The Jacare since the Rockhold loss has been a scary man finishing all 5 opponents including two knockouts none more impressive then his last fight with Okami. He's getting a stand up game polished and serviceable enough to hang with most (it has a long way to develop still for sure) to go along with his top tier elite BJJ game. Scary thought indeed. He gets the submission win in this one.

I'm pumped to see Oliveira and E. Silva get back in the win column at this event also.

Erick Silva is always exciting to watch as is Oliveira. Two guys who really didnt live up to their hype. I remember when Charles debuted they hyped him on the UFC website as the Brazilian Jon Jones (no joke) too bad he doesnt have the best chin and isnt really durable but his grappling is some of my favorite to watch in UFC and he didnt look terrible vs Edgar

Erick Silva is always exciting to watch as is Oliveira. Two guys who really didnt live up to their hype. I remember when Charles debuted they hyped him on the UFC website as the Brazilian Jon Jones (no joke) too bad he doesnt have the best chin and isnt really durable but his grappling is some of my favorite to watch in UFC and he didnt look terrible vs Edgar

Silva really only has the two losses in the UFC against Fitch and Kim. He destroyed Prater but got DQ'd. The Fitch fight wasn't a terrible loss even and he might've actually gained some momentum even in defeat. Getting KO'd by Kim was obviously a setback but could be seen as his only "true" setback under Zuffa.

Oliveira came in with a ton of hype I agree. Didn't help Rogan and Goldie were going off about him in his debut either. The kid is talented no doubt about that and his striking is good, not on par with his grappling I wouldn't say but his muay Thai is pretty good.

Check out our full predictions here and let me know what you think :D

http://mmainsider.net/14954/ufc-fight-night-machida-vs-mousasi-staff-picks

Silva really only has the two losses in the UFC against Fitch and Kim. He destroyed Prater but got DQ'd. The Fitch fight wasn't a terrible loss even and he might've actually gained some momentum even in defeat. Getting KO'd by Kim was obviously a setback but could be seen as his only "true" setback under Zuffa.

Oliveira came in with a ton of hype I agree. Didn't help Rogan and Goldie were going off about him in his debut either. The kid is talented no doubt about that and his striking is good, not on par with his grappling I wouldn't say but his muay Thai is pretty good.

Check out our full predictions here and let me know what you think :D

http://mmainsider.net/14954/ufc-fight-night-machida-vs-mousasi-staff-picks

nice reviews mate, i agree with almost all the predictions!