Machida vs Mousasi Discussion & Eventually Spoilers

Deuce7

Look at the fight right there.

First round Mousasi landed the same as Lyoto but you have to understand who was more aggressive won controlled the center of the octagon and who was going forward.

Second round the same Mousasi landed more did throw more and of course the same as first round he controlled octagon and was moving forward. Yes Lyoto landed a good kick but Mousase ate it like is nothing.

Fourth round Mousasi landed more strikes standing and on the ground. That sweet reverse I dropped a tear after that. One takedown can't let you win the round if you get reversed like a complete white belt.

get the fuck out of here with that shit...learn about the sport before you go off spouting nonsense. Mousasi 1,2,4 lol...

here are some reactions from actual pros who know about the sport:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/16/5415532/ufc-fight-night-36-in-tweets-pros-react-to-lyoto-machida-vs-gegard

Guest VladTheImpaler

If you count pressure machida lost every round. Wish they fought in a ring.

That's called octagon control and Mousasi controlled it in all stand up of the fight but I could not see the 5round for Mousasi Lyoto clearly won that but other rounds was painful to watch.

• Downvote 1

2 was fairly good for Mousasi, 1 and 4 were close but I can't see 4 going for Mousasi either. Surprised Gegard seemed to put the low kicks away in the third.

Fight Metric is worth a look too, I think people don't realise that most of the punches when Machida rushes don't actually connect.. http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4591

Two was when Machida almost kicked his damn head off.

Credit to him for not even dropping but that round was all Machida.

2 was fairly good for Mousasi, 1 and 4 were close but I can't see 4 going for Mousasi either. Surprised Gegard seemed to put the low kicks away in the third.

Fight Metric is worth a look too, I think people don't realise that most of the punches when Machida rushes don't actually connect.. http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4591

I wonder if the judges can even tell cageside? I noticed a fair amount of his blitz's weren't connecting and Mousasi was actually countering him pretty well during some of them. Mousasi might've taken that second round before the headkick landed imo. Not the best scrap around but pretty par for a Machida fight. Mousasi said it best Lyoto was just a step ahead all night. Couldn't match his speed and just wound up chasing him for 25 mins. It's funny how some people accuse other fighters of "running" but Machida gets mad respect for being elusive and exploding from time to time. You could almost argue his style should be causng him to dropmore decisions as his opponents are generally the ones seemingly looking to engage where Machida is backing away and circling a lot of the time. Machida vs Jacare should be the next #1 contender fight but I don't think they'll fight each other. Also props to Carmont for not tapping to the choke in the first I think it was, that was deep.

That's called octagon control and Mousasi controlled it in all stand up of the fight but I could not see the 5round for Mousasi Lyoto clearly won that but other rounds was painful to watch.

no, that's not octogon control. machida was going side to side the whole fight, it's not like gegard kept getting him against the cage.

Mous should have won on chin alone. Also, it's funny that mous actually out struck him. Though machida had the more significant shots.. on the other hand, mous had more ''control of the pace''.

I'd really have to go back and score it round by round to tell who I thought won. But at the time, I had machida winning.

• Downvote 1

There were two deep chokes carmont survived, i was shocked how often souza was looking over to his corner though

He's tough as hell for sure, Souza looked a bit underwhelming but I guess he needs to have surgery on his arm from a camp injury+Carmont is a tough guy to look good against.