Gustafsson vs Manuwa Discussion

Deuce7

He could of been given a re-match after the first fight so yes he does deserve the title fight.

Cormier and Gus are close though, in fact I think Cormier could be better, but you still have to earn your dues. Cormier has had 1 fight against a mediocre fighter in Cummins at LHW, so he needs another win before he gets a title shot, imo.

Cormier Was really high in hw rankings, so I dont really thing he does need to prove anything. It doesnt matter how the fight between gus and Jones looked, think logically. A guy loses a title fight and he gets another title shot after beating a can... No sense for me.

• Downvote 2

Cormier Was really high in hw rankings, so I dont really thing he does need to prove anything. It doesnt matter how the fight between gus and Jones looked, think logically. A guy loses a title fight and he gets another title shot after beating a can... No sense for me.

I guess we're going to agree to disagree, but my "logic" is that if a title fight is close enough then the challenger deserves a re-match. Think GSP vs. Hendricks if you will, if GSP hadn't retired in my opinion Hendricks would of got a re-match given how close the fight was. Gustafsson was unlucky not to get a re-match in the first place, so beating Manuwa got him his shot.

P.s. A guy that's 14-0 and has finished all of his opponents (including being 3-0 in the UFC) is not a can.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this card a lot.
The icelandic flag was fun to see in the win column of a UFC fight! Certainly showcased a tough style.
Gus looked like the warrior he always does, and Manuwa certainly didn't fight his last fight.

All in all I look forward too seeing Gus's next outing either way, and it'll be interesting to see what becomes of Manuwa.
Gunny has spark a new interest as well, very much eager to see when and who he fights next.

I enjoyed this card a lot.

The icelandic flag was fun to see in the win column of a UFC fight! Certainly showcased a tough style.

Gus looked like the warrior he always does, and Manuwa certainly didn't fight his last fight.

All in all I look forward too seeing Gus's next outing either way, and it'll be interesting to see what becomes of Manuwa.

Gunny has spark a new interest as well, very much eager to see when and who he fights next.

I agree Gus is a beast but Manuwa will still have some good fights, I dont care who you are going from Ryan Jimmo to Alexander Gustaffson is a huge step