Who is the greatest manager of all time?

Mentor

Who is the greatest manager of all time?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the greatest manager of all time?

• Estefan Chiscano
    • "Clever" Hans Schmidt
    • Baby Face Nelson
    • Klatz Matz
    • Matt Cave
    • Trent Quo
    • Bawon Samedi
    • Soyster Eighty-Nine
    • Mihail Masseria
    • Chris Karter
    • Stu Pidasol
    • Richard Davenport
    • Avon Barksdale
    • Chris Partridge
    • Jacky Chan aka LeGoat
    • Lance Templeton
    • Barnabas Sackett
    • Petro Farantini
    • Choose Life
    • Johnny Lee Paris

When I joined in 09, Avon was a God in this game. He was the original MMATycoon top manager IMO.

It's also hard for me to leave out Gunmetal Grey and Luke Daigle. Both are worthy of a top 20 spot.

The biggest omission I see more often than not is the snubbing of Tarmo. The guy doesn't get enough credit. Easily one of the smartest people I've encountered in the game.

Opa never made top spot it seems and the only one of those 3 which did make top ranking was Tarmo and i left him out due to the low win total. Either way, someone will need to be left out as it is a short list of just 20. If it was down to "who i think" or would personally add then Gale, Opa and GG would make this list and people like Bawon Samedi, Baby Face Nelson and maybe Trent would be out. Then again very few can argue those 3 are top managers as well.

To me it goes in this order,

1. Avon

2. Lance

3. Karter

4. Jacky

5. JLP

Never seen Opa as a top guy but did feel he was the best at creating skins. Famous for his Tycoon art work.

This poll is labeled wrong it should say who is the greatest Tycoon of all time? But this game is not based off of being a tycoon it is based off of who can manage their fighters best.

Top 3 MMATycooners IMO are,

1. Shiv - Blitz

2. Mentor - GEG

3 Matty - Blitz

This poll is labeled wrong it should say who is the greatest Tycoon of all time? But this game is not based off of being a tycoon it is based off of who can manage their fighters best.

1. Shiv - Blitz

2. Mentor - GEG

3 Matty - Blitz

Even if that was the case there's no way Shiv would be ranked above Gable, Matty, Jug, Vince, Dinooo and who knows what else. I love the guy but he did recruiting and little else.

It's also hard for me to leave out Gunmetal Grey and Luke Daigle. Both are worthy of a top 20 spot.

The biggest omission I see more often than not is the snubbing of Tarmo. The guy doesn't get enough credit. Easily one of the smartest people I've encountered in the game.

If you're including GMG you should include his probable multi Mogul Magnate as well..

Even if that was the case there's no way Shiv would be ranked above Gable, Matty, Jug, Vince, Dinooo and who knows what else. I love the guy but he did recruiting and little else.

If you're including GMG you should include his probable multi Mogul Magnate as well..

If you are to add GMG and Mogul his multi into the factor hes prolly one of the top 3. Dude had like 12 fighters in the top 10 of their weight classes at one point. Thing i found most entertaining about it though was Mogul made it to #1 but GMG never did. If i was to give the greatest Tycooner award i'd give it to Skinny, Gable and Crisse the founders of the second coming of Blitz. 4 out of 5 of the top orgs being Blitz. Gable had Virt and someone else i cannot remember who created private gyms in NY, Ascension had a private gym in NY. Deamus had 160! which was the #1 nutrition company through the hype manipulation. I mean Bankrupt and Chuck renamed Blitz NY to Empire. I would say that certain team of Blitz built an Empire which i doubt will ever be seen again.

Sure i wasn't around when Matty and Shiv ran Blitz, but from what i was told Skinny, Gables and Crisses Blitz was better.

I am bias with picking Shiv and Matty as they where a huge part of the game when I joined in 09.

Did GMG own Kings of Rio? Who did I buy that org from? He also owned a second company?

Wow Jungle movement fight club. This game was a different place back in the day.

1. Shiv - Blitz

2. Mentor - GEG

3 Matty - Blitz

I think that one deserves a poll :yes:

If i was to give the greatest Tycooner award i'd give it to Skinny, Gable and Crisse the founders of the second coming of Blitz. 4 out of 5 of the top orgs being Blitz. Gable had Virt and someone else i cannot remember who created private gyms in NY, Ascension had a private gym in NY. Deamus had 160! which was the #1 nutrition company through the hype manipulation. I mean Bankrupt and Chuck renamed Blitz NY to Empire. I would say that certain team of Blitz built an Empire which i doubt will ever be seen again.

Sure i wasn't around when Matty and Shiv ran Blitz, but from what i was told Skinny, Gables and Crisses Blitz was better.

If we was to say a team, then the group behind Blitz was easily the strongest in the game. Overall you could say that since then, it has mostly been broken groups.

I think that one deserves a poll :yes:

If we was to say a team, then the group behind Blitz was easily the strongest in the game. Overall you could say that since then, it has mostly been broken groups.

I'd say its more like Gable, Crisse and Skinny should all get gold medals. I mean not one manager makes a empire. If you want to go with the one man statement then he got banned from the game, Ztarken built an empire. Private gyms, #1 org at one point, #1 manager also, most of his fighters in the top 100 p4p rankings also. He did it with a bunch of multi's granted, but that was a one man empire. Otherwise if you are talking about playing it straight up by the book. You need other guys to build your tycoon with you. When all of the members of the band are considered to be great at what they do, then those are true tycoons.

The point i am trying to make is most of the orgs now a days are centered around what those guys accomplished and achieved. Using the big arena every week/twice a week. Running 3 hour PPV's. Every org selling premium tickets to help event rating, all the orgs that run 3 hour ppvs loading up on the advertisements to help your event rating. All of those breakthroughs came from Blitz. The PPV's was first broken into by Vahti and the NFC. Closely followed by Vince and Gable. Hell if i remember correctly the hype manipulation on sponsors was one of Vinces/gables ideas (i could be wrong on that one though). The rest though i know for sure about.

All depends how long you all have been plaYing for.

Lance has always been there.

Avon Barksdale dominated for a good while.

I can remember when Estefan dominated for a while.

Chris Kartee also dominated

Along with petro back in the day.

Mogul

Manny

Shiv

Vince

Barnabas's

Johhny Lee Paris has always had good fighters

Sorry if I missed anyone there's such a long list they are the oldies

In my opinion Tarmo was the best, he had a load of fighters in my org that were basically destroying the guys that were destroying everyone else! He and Kiviposki had a great friendly rivalry that helped build CEC in the early days. I think the proof is that when he quit, the guys that took over his fighters (for the most part) couldn't keep them winning the way he had.

Other names are obvious, but I agree Tarmo deserves more recognition.

To me you can't be the greatest if you don't fight on the ground too, that takes quite a few out from that list for me. Also you can nowadays gain #1 spot by not fighting in big orgs which is a shame so that means less than it used to. Obviously Opa should be in there.

What has fighting on the ground got to do with it? It you beat the other guy before he gets to the ground does that make you a lesser manager? Bottom line is the results.