Golden Ring: Golden Gloves Boxing Tournament [Creation + $125,000]

dbsh209

It would still be fair because everyone still has the same advantages as each other and if you signed up to a "Boxing" tourney planning on clinching your way to success, you're fucking retarded..

No I signed up for a tourney with the following rules which I quote from the first post:

Rules:

All fights are judged by a 10-point must scoring system.

All fights are fought in a ring.

There is no kicking/elbows/knees allowed.

This is a pure boxing organisation, and it is the responsibility of the managers to run everything smoothly.

SLIDERS

100% Follow my orders

Standing:

100% Punch

Clinch:

100% Punch Head

100% Punch Body

Fighter contracts:

All boxers will be given basic contracts, and the money will be sent to the manager themselves. The reason for this is that if someone doesn't follow the rules, certain punishments can take place.

If a fighter hasn't set their sliders properly, and thus allows kicks/elbows/knees, we will enforce the following punishments.

- If a boxer uses a knee/elbow/kick during the fight, 25% of the agreed money will be sent to the other party.

- If a boxer uses a knee/elbow/kick for a second time during a separate fight, he will be kicked out of the organisation and 100% of the agreed money goes to the other party.

I think its reasonable to expect the tournament to follow the rules it promised to follow.

No I signed up for a tourney with the following rules which I quote from the first post:

Rules:

All fights are judged by a 10-point must scoring system.

All fights are fought in a ring.

There is no kicking/elbows/knees allowed.

This is a pure boxing organisation, and it is the responsibility of the managers to run everything smoothly.

SLIDERS

100% Follow my orders

Standing:

100% Punch

Clinch:

100% Punch Head

100% Punch Body

Fighter contracts:

All boxers will be given basic contracts, and the money will be sent to the manager themselves. The reason for this is that if someone doesn't follow the rules, certain punishments can take place.

If a fighter hasn't set their sliders properly, and thus allows kicks/elbows/knees, we will enforce the following punishments.

- If a boxer uses a knee/elbow/kick during the fight, 25% of the agreed money will be sent to the other party.

- If a boxer uses a knee/elbow/kick for a second time during a separate fight, he will be kicked out of the organisation and 100% of the agreed money goes to the other party.

I think its reasonable to expect the tournament to follow the rules it promised to follow.

I just put it up for discussion.. It wasn't just for this tourney, I also meant the rules within the whole org.. No need to spit the dummy like you're loosing out on something and being treated unfairly.. :)

Yeh I brought the clinching issue up before myself but it got totally overrun as fast as this one. :D It's hardly a boxing fight if two guys hug it out in the clinch for the length of the fight but then again there are some valid points regarding to the diversity of the tactics etc...

I just thought that a mandatory 20% break clinch slider would sort of act as a referee who breaks the fighters apart from time to time. Just like in real life boxing. I realize it's impossible to really know where someones clinch slider is so it's not a flawless proposition. :P

• Upvote 1

Yeh I brought the clinching issue up before myself but it got totally overrun as fast as this one. :D It's hardly a boxing fight if two guys hug it out in the clinch for the length of the fight but then again there are some valid points regarding to the diversity of the tactics etc...

I just thought that a mandatory 20% break clinch slider would sort of act as a referee who breaks the fighters apart from time to time. Just like in real life boxing. I realize it's impossible to really know where someones clinch slider is so it's not a flawless proposition. :P

Yep, I think the same..

Although with both boxers having decent clinch and as good as each others, that with the 20% break clinch will cause a fair bit of trying to break the clinch with no success from both the fighters.. And you also don't wanna see a lot of clinch/break clinch/1:00/clinch/break clinch/clinch/4:00

If there was any rules to prevent the clinch it would probably be high control/hight stall, like 100% high? I'm not sure how long until the ref would interfere though..

I kinda like the rules how dbsh209 made them, he wanted to do something different and we signed up knowing the rules. Having a issue about the clinch, as he stated, makes the strategy less manipulative. Everyone was built literally the same barring height, weight and physicals but we had some time to train, if someone OD'd on clinchwork (dumb idea in my opinion but i know at least one person did) then they would be pissed as we would nerf them changing the rules

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That would be so hilarious. We should just keep it the way it is. Fights are tomorrow anyway. Its too late to be making these changes. If were gonna make changes we should wait until after the first round.

It'd be unfair to change the rules at any stage during the tourney, possibly for the org as a whole after the tourney but that'd become very one dimensional and with little tactics but we'll see. Should be interesting. I recon the two guys complaining knew it wouldn't change and have made clinch boxers and their comments were to just throw people off the scent ;)

I kinda like the rules how dbsh209 made them, he wanted to do something different and we signed up knowing the rules. Having a issue about the clinch, as he stated, makes the strategy less manipulative. Everyone was built literally the same barring height, weight and physicals but we had some time to train, if someone OD'd on clinchwork (dumb idea in my opinion but i know at least one person did) then they would be pissed as we would nerf them changing the rules

What? Is someone trying to change the height, weight and/or the physicals?

That would be so hilarious. We should just keep it the way it is. Fights are tomorrow anyway. Its too late to be making these changes. If were gonna make changes we should wait until after the first round.

Nah I agree let's not make changes anymore at this point. I made my proposition a while back when it a change was still possible IMO. Anyway I was just trying to enhance the boxing aspect of this all.

It'd be unfair to change the rules at any stage during the tourney, possibly for the org as a whole after the tourney but that'd become very one dimensional and with little tactics but we'll see. Should be interesting. I recon the two guys complaining knew it wouldn't change and have made clinch boxers and their comments were to just throw people off the scent ;)

Yeah agreed. It just feels like with the clinching thing is not boxing anymore but some weird hybrid of MT without kicks, knees and elbows. :D

Basically, what Dee said^^

Don't take it as complaining, we're actually trying to make it fairer for everyone and bring out a better aspect about it.. I'm not really that fussed either way because I'm pretty confident that I can outslider 9/10 of you in the clinch, so just try that shit on me fools.. :P

My bad

http://i.imgur.com/ofz7oiK.png

Oh and the event went with only 1 incident. DaBest, the manager of Blake McClintic broke the rules by throwing 4 head kicks, 2 leg kicks, 1 body kick and 1 knee to the body. Luckily, 0 of them landed.

The fight is automatically lost if you throw an ELBOW/KICK/KNEE.

My bad

http://i.imgur.com/ofz7oiK.png

Oh and the event went with only 1 incident. DaBest, the manager of Blake McClintic broke the rules by throwing 4 head kicks, 2 leg kicks, 1 body kick and 1 knee to the body. Luckily, 0 of them landed.

The fight is automatically lost if you throw an ELBOW/KICK/KNEE.

I threw a combo that finished with a kick but it said I landed no kicks.. I guess that's really the only exception..