Golden Ring: Golden Gloves Boxing Tournament [Creation + $125,000]

dbsh209

I want to publicly apologise to gwad. After some time to think about it, I realise you're not entirely at fault for your actions. If it was meant to be how I thought it was meant to be, there would of been rules set on point distribution at creation.. And because there wasn't, everyone was free to build however they like and your build wasn't too exploitive, it was actually a great idea.. I even noticed quite a few others put points into MT, thinking that it would give them a better advantage in the clinch so you weren't the only one who tried..

I think some of us just misinterpreted this tourney for what it is..I still can't say I condone what you done, I still think we all should of stuck to pure boxing just to make it an even playing field for as long as the tourney existed but that was not discussed before the creation date and it would not of been right to make you change after that date, so it is what it is..

Anyway gwad, I'm sorry I was spitting harsh words around and chucking a tanty about what you done.

Don't take it personal, it was a character attack from the point of view I was looking in at the time..

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry to knock you out of another tourney.. :P

well lets have some fun in form of a wager.

The manager who wins via

5th round KO/TKO-100k /50k or

4th round KO/TKO-200k /150k or

3rd round KO/TKO-300k/250k or

2nd round KO/TKO-400k/350k

1st round KO/TKO-500k /450k

gets these respective amount of money to his manager account given by losing manager.

intrested? :D

well lets have some fun in form of a wager.

The manager who wins via

5th round KO/TKO-100k /50k or

4th round KO/TKO-200k /150k or

3rd round KO/TKO-300k/250k or

2nd round KO/TKO-400k/350k

1st round KO/TKO-500k /450k

gets these respective amount of money to his manager account given by losing manager.

intrested? :D

If you wanna pay to lose to me, that's fine by me! You're on! :D

I want to publicly apologise to gwad. After some time to think about it, I realise you're not entirely at fault for your actions. If it was meant to be how I thought it was meant to be, there would of been rules set on point distribution at creation.. And because there wasn't, everyone was free to build however they like and your build wasn't too exploitive, it was actually a great idea.. I even noticed quite a few others put points into MT, thinking that it would give them a better advantage in the clinch so you weren't the only one who tried..

I think some of us just misinterpreted this tourney for what it is..I still can't say I condone what you done, I still think we all should of stuck to pure boxing just to make it an even playing field for as long as the tourney existed but that was not discussed before the creation date and it would not of been right to make you change after that date, so it is what it is..

Anyway gwad, I'm sorry I was spitting harsh words around and chucking a tanty about what you done.

Don't take it personal, it was a character attack from the point of view I was looking in at the time..

I appreciate that man, no hard feelings from me.

http://i.imgur.com/sFpgQqE.png

Golden Night: Golden Gloves 2

Headlined by Pvt Mullen and Danny Green.

Saturday, 26th of April in New York.

Quick recap of round 1:

Lou Harrison vs Balgair Duff

Aggressive first round by both fighters, Duff looks to be more successful in the stand-up for the first minute. Fight goes to a clinch, where it is more competitive but Duff clearly takes the first. Duff starts off strong in the second but gets cut, but he's knocked down by a hook in the following minute. He makes the count and gets up at 8. Harrison chases and knocks him down again, Duff makes it to 9 and gets up. Harrison knocks him down again with an uppercut, but Duff gets up again. Harrison 10-6. Round 3 is uneventful and taken by Harrison due to more landed shots. Round 4 involves more clinch fighting where Duff betters Harrison. Round 5 again involves the clinch for the last two and is fairly competitive.

End result: Harrison by unanimous decision (48-44, 48-44, 48-44)

Jean Claude Cedric vs Blake Mclintic

A lot of clinch fighting in the first round, Cedric seemed to land the clearer shots and even rocked McClintic at one point. Mcclintic plays it dirty and throws three kicks during the first round. He would subsequently get disqualified for the kicks from the tournament. In the second, Cedric catches McClintic with a clear uppercut and knocks him down. McClintic tries to beat the count but fails as Cedric is victorious.

End result: Cedric via TKO (2nd round)

Sampo Hongisto vs Bill Bumfight

Bill starts the bout off strong, dominating the first round with hooks and overhands. Seems to have gotten his timing right and is punishing Hongisto's head and body. Second round, Hongisto seems to have made a few changes and is avoiding more punches. Hongisto throwing and landing often as well. Bill more aggressive as he initiates the action. Close round. Hongisto's cardio kicking in now, throwing harder faster shots while Bill seems to be telegraphing his shots. Clear Hongisto round. Hongisto seems to counter more shots in this round, evading a lot of shots and countering well. Effective striking for Hongisto as the 4th round goes to him. 2:2 going into the last round. Both guys throwing big shots trying to sway the judges but none of them is landing so far. More missed shots as the first minute passes, however Hongisto having more success with his countering. More missed shots by the aggressive Bill as Hongisto counters his way to victory.

End result: Hongisto via unanimous decision (48-47 x3)
Fight of the Night

Godson Fiore vs Daniel Judah

Judah catches Fiore in the first exchange and cuts him. Neither fighter landing more shots, but competitive. Good show of defence from Fiore, but Judah should take this due to the cut. Second round very uneventful, Fiore seems to be landing a bit more, though Judah is throwing a lot. Fiore starts off the third round better, scoring with more punches both to the head and body. Gradually seems to be better in this fight. Wins the last exchanges and wins the round comfortably. Judah throwing way too many combinations tiring himself out. Fiore seems to be better defensively. Last round, Judah tries to steal it but is caught with an overhand and seems to have been rocked. Fiore cruises comfortably to a decision win.

End result: Fiore by unanimous decision (49-46 x2, 48-47)

Arlington Beech vs Johnny Knoxville

Beech clinches up and has his way with Knoxville there. Lands some good body shots. Beech catches Knoxville with an uppercut and ends it there as Knoxville is unable to take more punishment to his body.

End result: Beech by TKO (Round 1)

Curome Spence Jr vs Pernell Whittaker

Curome seems to be unable to hit Whittaker in the first minute. Whittaker seems to be getting the better of Curome in the first two minutes, better defensive work. Curome finds the range in the last part of the round. Could argue for Whittaker, but he didn't throw enough. Whittaker seems to be the counter fighter here, getting away a few shots at the beginning of the second. Curome finally catches Pernell with a big shot and rocks him. Whittaker starting to getting hit more and more as he loses the second. Third round more of the same, Curome seems to be getting the better of Whittaker. Curome lands a big combination that puts Whittaker on his butt. He makes the count and continues, but clearly loses the round. Spence Jr, the more aggressive fighter continues to land more as Pernell's defence fails him in the fourth. Curome comfortably wins the fifth as well en route to a decisive UD victory.

End result: Spence Jr. by unanimous decision (50-44 x3)

The Green Machine vs Eric Brooks

Brooks throwing a lot of combinations but is getting countered by Machine. Brooks continues to tire himself out with unsuccessful combinations. Machine throws a few decent shots at the end and steals the round. Machine counters with 1,2 that stuns Brooks and is able to later finish him via successive lefts and rights against the ropes as Brooks is unable to escape.

End result: Machine by KO (2nd round)
​Knockout of the Night

Niccol Endime vs Brian McKenzie

Uneventful first round, fight keeps going in and out of the clinch, though initiated by Endime. The latter seems to be countering well too. Endime continuing to be the counter fighter in the second round as he lands a three punch combination that rocks McKenzie. Endime counters again with a big right hook and ends the fight by TKO.

End result: Endime by TKO (2nd round)

• Upvote 4

....and the wrestler dominates again. This is a fucking boxing match not a "hold onto your opponent & punch him out" competition. See this is why we should have clarified the rules. His gameplan is the same for every opponent. He's going to win everytime once he gets the clinch. Can you please release Godson from his contract please. I have no use for him.

....and the wrestler dominates again. This is a fucking boxing match not a "hold onto your opponent & punch him out" competition. See this is why we should have clarified the rules. His gameplan is the same for every opponent. He's going to win everytime once he gets the clinch. Can you please release Godson from his contract please. I have no use for him.

I apologise again for what has happened. It was entirely my fault for not foreseeing this. I will release your fighter now.

Hey mate, you can just create a fighter and join the division if you're interested. There won't be anymore tournaments, but there will be the conventional way of beating your way to a title shot!

So how old shall I make them, where shall I base them e.t.c and will you message me what I need to do on my sliders? Manager profile number is 98524

Hey mate, you can just create a fighter and join the division if you're interested. There won't be anymore tournaments, but there will be the conventional way of beating your way to a title shot!

Wait, there wont be anymore tournaments? That sucks, I would have loved to win a prize.

$50,000 for Quickest Fight of the Season (thanks to kshijtischoles)
$50,000 for a Spinning Backfist KO (thanks to kshijtischoles)
$50,000 for Superman Punch KO (thanks to kshijtischoles)

let me know if any one of the fighter wins these award.i will send money to his manager account.

• Upvote 1