Americans and Dogs

Wolf

You can eat horse in the usa also, but very few people do this anymore. I think with improved economy certain things become taboo, Im sure that is what is taking place in china as NexusX pointed out improved economy and a decrease in the demand for dog meat... by the way if you feed your dog Kibble chances are your feeding him Rendered dogs from a pound. Just saying

i like short haired dogs, mainly labs (because they're super dopey, but still perfectly trainable and incredibly loving and friendly). and i don't like curly-haired dogs, especially poodles, or dogs that drool a lot.

my girlfriend has 3 dogs: 2 chows, one's old as shit and about to die, and the other is like 3 years old. i like the young one a lot, but she's a racist (barks and growls at black people), although she's super smart and friendly to people she knows. the other is a fugly little smash-faced pekingese that i can't stand. it's yappy and its breathing is annoying.

we always had dogs growing up, and i'd probably get one again if my apartment complex allowed them. otherwise i'll wait until i have my own yard so i don't have to keep it locked up all day when i'm at work.

• Downvote 1

You can eat horse in the usa also, but very few people do this anymore. I think with improved economy certain things become taboo, Im sure that is what is taking place in china as NexusX pointed out improved economy and a decrease in the demand for dog meat... by the way if you feed your dog Kibble chances are your feeding him Rendered dogs from a pound. Just saying

If the world economy, population and food avaliability are the driving factors, then we can all look forward to some interesting times. Give it 30 years and people almost everywhere will be eating insects and anything they can get their hands on.

As for the retarded question, of course they do. I remember an american girl asking me if we had McDonalds in Scotland tho... I said yes we have plenty of McDonalds - It's a very popular surname in Scotland...lolz

One thing like this I remember was an online argument I had with an American guy about music. He was going on about how Led Zepellin ripped off American blues songs. That's true, but his apparent attitude that Americans have never done such a thing with British music pissed me off, so I got involved. I pointed out that Paul Simon never wrote anything sucessful until after spending years in England in the mid 60s collecting folk songs that he ripped off in the same way. This guy said that there is no such thing as English folk music, because folk music comes from Ireland!

How do you treat it properly and eat it?

I guess "humanely" would've been a better word than "properly". I firmly believe that there is nothing wrong with raising animals for food. We're humans and therefore we put the needs of humans before other species. However, there is no reason to inflict any more suffering or cruelty than is necessary. The animals should be kept in sanitary conditions and their slaughter should be as quick and painless as possible.

Korean dog farms are infamous for meeting neither of those requirements, mostly because American military didn't dogs being eaten and pressured the government to ban it. However, all this did was drive the industry underground, where things are unregulated.

• Upvote 1

A painless killing is my point, technically we can be vegetarians (im not one lol) but with any animal we are killing it no matter what, i agree the creatures shouldnt be raised in neglectful and inhumane situations, but cutting an animal's head off is still cutting it off. But hell, many people in this world are living inhumane also

Most animals killed for food were raised to be food. So, if you really stretch your logic, you can make the argument that by eating meat, you are giving life to animals. By being a vegetarian, you are denying life to that animal (it will never be born in the first place). Of course, being raised in a tiny cage and living in misery until you die isn't much of a life. That's where humane conditions come in :smile_anim: