Women's division

Wolf

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've changed my mind about this. I used to think "what's the point?" but now every UFC event has women's fights, so it only seems natural for Tycoon to have female fighters now.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The game engine for Male fighters still needs tinkering, imagine having a Female division that would also require work. Mike would end up being spread too thin, and the Male division will get priority. Not totally against a Women's division, but there are better things for the game for Mike to spend his time on right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

fuck that man. All it will be is a female avatar instead of male, less skill points and frequent whiney messages to your inbox lol.

Can you imagine having more than one on your roster? "Who is this bitch training in the same gym as me and why the fuck is she on your private jet going to Las Vegas??" and this happens once a month

• 3 weeks later...

I think almost every manager would like to have at least few (hot :smile_anim:) girls in his roster, without any special encouragement. Imagine those avatars.. :D my work would be so much nicer...

fuck that man. All it will be is a female avatar instead of male, less skill points and frequent whiney messages to your inbox lol.

why less skill points?
elite-level woman fighter is an elite level WOMAN fighter, they don't compete with men, it only represents the skill level comparing to other female fighter

• Upvote 1

The game engine for Male fighters still needs tinkering, imagine having a Female division that would also require work. Mike would end up being spread too thin, and the Male division will get priority. Not totally against a Women's division, but there are better things for the game for Mike to spend his time on right now.

doesn't have to be that complicated.

honestly though, there is no gender selection. so... you can essentially make women already. Just give them a girl's name. if enough people get involved in a woman's division, maybe Mike will approve of Women custom avatars

I think almost every manager would like to have at least few (hot :smile_anim:) girls in his roster, without any special encouragement. Imagine those avatars.. :D my work would be so much nicer...

why less skill points?

elite-level woman fighter is an elite level WOMAN fighter, they don't compete with men, it only represents the skill level comparing to other female fighter

Personally, I'd prefer no women in the game. not worth the time or energy. last thing we need is people like bjorn RPing women fighters.

and you totally missed the comedic value of rory's post.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Personally, I'd prefer no women in the game. not worth the time or energy. last thing we need is people like bjorn RPing women fighters.

well IMO it's worth it. would be more option, possibilities = more fun for us

I guess no one will force anyone to create female fighters, so you would stay with your male fighters and that's it. I would love to have 2-3 female fighters for sure. game would be more complete, besides.. women's MMA is a normal part of this sport.

and I don't mind if anyone wants to RPing whatever he likes :)

well IMO it's worth it. would be more option, possibilities = more fun for us

I guess no one will force anyone to create female fighters, so you would stay with your male fighters and that's it. I would love to have 2-3 female fighters for sure. game would be more complete, besides.. women's MMA is a normal part of this sport.

and I don't mind if anyone wants to RPing whatever he likes :)

some divisions struggle enough with fighters. even if everybody got a free slot or two for woman fighters, there wouldn't be enough interest, and if there was enough interest, it'd certainly diminish the male fighter pool.

• Downvote 1

even if everybody got a free slot or two for woman fighters, there wouldn't be enough interest

well.. I disagree with this. I bet there are more people like me who would like to have 1 or 2 female fighters in the roster even without any special conditions/encouragement/free slots. I would create them just like that :)

and I imagine it would be one or two weight classes for all female fighters in game, so I think it would be actually easier to run women's division (or two)

• Upvote 1

My biggest problem with a women's division in this game is basically, 'what makes it different?' The avatar picture? And if it's not different, what's the point?

My biggest problem with a women's division in this game is basically, 'what makes it different?' The avatar picture? And if it's not different, what's the point?

as an 'avatar maker' i can say it would be a huge difference :D

but speaking seriously, why that is a problem? women's MMA is the same sport with the same rules, so why expect a difference in realistic game about MMA?

we could say the same thing about multiple weight classes in game.. what is the point if the only difference is weight of a fighter? well.. there are in game, because that's how it is in a real world (and btw, that's why I'm here, playing this game.. cuz I was looking for something realistic.. that's how I found mm atycoon :))

well.. I disagree with this. I bet there are more people like me who would like to have 1 or 2 female fighters in the roster even without any special conditions/encouragement/free slots. I would create them just like that :)

and I imagine it would be one or two weight classes for all female fighters in game, so I think it would be actually easier to run women's division (or two)

Some weight classes and many, many, many orgs struggle filling their divisions already. Adding a woman's division will make it worse. We can make the same argument about adding a Flyweight division for me. There's a 125 lb division irl, why not here? there's a ripple effect to adding more "divisions" similar to the ripple effect to adding more cities.

Looking back on this 2 years later I regret bringing it up. This is a game with no visual other than avatars, so a woman fighter is essentially no different. + some divisions are already hard enough to populate as it is (135lbs seems a little dead) so I doubt a woman's divisions gets big numbers

We can make the same argument about adding a Flyweight division for me. There's a 125 lb division irl, why not here?

but I don't argue with that :) I would like to see Flyweight division too! :)

Some weight classes and many, many, many orgs struggle filling their divisions already. Adding a woman's division will make it worse.

it simply means there are too many orgs, and nothing more. this is a natural verification, like a free market, bro

and actually this way of thinking leads to the conclusion that maybe we shouldn't have any choice when it comes to weight classes, just because for example when I create HW fighter I diminish the pool of fighters in the other weight classes. etc. etc. that's why that argument doesn't convince me at all.