UFC 172: Jones vs. Teixeira ***Spoilers***

DavyJones

The only winner I was unimpressed with last night was Gomi. What's with that guy his cardio is always shit. He was a superstar in Pride, always exciting to watch back then but since he came over to UFC his fights are pretty bad, even when he wins. I'm very surprised they gave him FOTN honors, he looked sloppy to me.

• Upvote 1

The only winner I was unimpressed with last night was Gomi. What's with that guy his cardio is always shit. He was a superstar in Pride, always exciting to watch back then but since he came over to UFC his fights are pretty bad, even when he wins. I'm very surprised they gave him FOTN honors, he looked sloppy to me.

Completely agree, they both looked terrible.

• Downvote 1

Gomi has looked like a pale imitation of himself since well before he came to the UFC -- anyone who saw him fight in Sengoku (or even the VTJ 2009 fight he won) could tell you this.

Sure hope so. Bones did not win the last one.

Under the 10 point must system imho it should of been ruled a draw.

It's not a coincidence that guys come over from Asia and look awful.

They have to be tested here.

This is true.

I think Rumble can be the guy that destroys Jon Jones. He looked really good last night. I might be the only one who wasn't impressed with what JJ did to Glover. I honestly expected it to be a repeat performance of JJ vs Rampage. Some eye poking, take them down when they were tired, and choke em or pound em out til the ref steps in. Glover's 34 and he didn't beat top contenders to get his title shot. Very similar to Anderson Silva (at times) - getting title shots vs inferior opponents and delaying the really tough challenges that everybody wants to see.

Under the 10 point must system imho it should of been ruled a draw.

This is true.

I think Rumble can be the guy that destroys Jon Jones. He looked really good last night. I might be the only one who wasn't impressed with what JJ did to Glover. I honestly expected it to be a repeat performance of JJ vs Rampage. Some eye poking, take them down when they were tired, and choke em or pound em out til the ref steps in. Glover's 34 and he didn't beat top contenders to get his title shot. Very similar to Anderson Silva (at times) - getting title shots vs inferior opponents and delaying the really tough challenges that everybody wants to see.

What challengers is he delaying?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I definitely thought his make Cormier and Gus fight was his way of trying to avoid Gus a second time. He knows that first one was VERY close and I think he wants Cormier to win blocking Gus' chance of a rematch. Cormier is much shorter without the reach of Gus and Jones can just use his length to keep distance, tire out Cormier and then dance to a decision.

I was pretty surprised by Jon Jones to be honest.

His striking defense looked a lot better and he was less afraid to get hit then normal.

After seeing the fight i think he will do much better against gustafsson.

Yeah Bones was walking forward the entire time, he only retreated in the 24th minute. He stood in front of him and didnt really try to take it to the ground. I was never really a Bones fan but seeing all this hate makes me root for him. If he was scared of Gus Or Cormier, he wouldnt call out for the winner of them.

Hes running from good opponents? Like who? Belfort? Shogun? Lyoto Machida? Sonnen? Rampage? Rashad Evans?

Everyone will keep conjuring up opponents who are supposed to be the one to take him down and unless he loses, afterwards they will say he ducked the next guy

I wouldn't say fighting Glover was delaying anything. But I think his ploy to get Gus to fight Cormier was a delay tactic. His excuse was he wants to fight the toughest man or however he said it. If that was true, he'd want to fight both and he could decide himself which was the tougher opponent.

I think he sees Cormier out wrestling Gus and winning a decision on the ground and he knows his reach advantage over Cormier would make Cormier an easier match up. I think he's much more worried about fighting Gus a second time.

I love how fighting a guy who won 20 in a row and beat some super tough opponents means that he was ducking a Gus rematch or Cormier.

#mmafanlogic.

I'm assuming you're responding to Chris, but if you read it right he said delaying, not ducking.

#mmafanreadingcomprehension