I would like to say sorry for my actions

Mentor

Mike should give the community Steel Penn and Mentor's addresses that show up on their credit card, that way you guys can stand outside with pitchforks in hand. You could also kidnap both of them, strip them naked, and throw them in an arena battledome style - winner lives to play tycoon another day.

By a posse of true Tycoon Hypocrites!

• Downvote 2

Ok, before you burn him at the stake.

All of that, what he did, he did as wrong as he possibly could - from breaking rules, all the way to handling this situation right here. I can't deny what was said in posts before, about how he acts NOW, not only before. But Mentor was already punished. What else do you want? Ban him?

Economic sanctions or lost VIP days aren't the biggest punishment he's received. Social shunning is. This community regulates itself (somewhat). Nobody is talking about banning him.

I fully understand what he did. I fully understand what I'm about to write, as well as I understand what you will think about me after you read this - but frankly, I don't care. So if anyone gives a shit about it, continue reading. If not, you can as well skip it if you want.

Thanks for giving me a choice, massa.

There is no one else to blame, but Mentor. He looks for support, after trying to fool people here with this apology thread. He brought all of that on himself. But people going crazy here aren't helping. I don't know if you feel better after writing all of that here, or what - but he got what he deserved. That's obvious. Each rule breaking should be penalized, to keep people from doing this. And I don't mean only what Mike put on him - all of his work with GAMMA went to shitter now. Like shortfuse said - many people will not sign with him now after that and rest will think hard if they really want to get into business with him. He create something big and destroyed it with his own hands. He will make that money back at some point, same with hype of the org - but what with trust of users and his reputation? That will be extremely hard to rebuild - if that's even possible at this point.

He got what he deserved. He will continue to deserve getting his reputation flushed down the shitter until he actually starts acting decently. People were holding hands singing Kumbaya less than 24 hours ago, until he started lying again. Giving his reputation a chance to recover is predicated on him actually behaving in a way that makes him deserve it.

But on the other hand - being wrong and making bad choices shouldn't mean that you can't try and redeem yourself. I'm strong believer in second chance. He should get one. At least there is another situation like that with him that I'm not aware of. If that's the case, please let me know. I believe in second chance, not third or fourth. We all learn on our mistakes. And we should always have a chance to make things right.

I agree. He was given a second chance. He squandered it by lying and playing martyr instead of sucking up and taking the punishment. Unlike you I do believe in third or fourth chances. If he starts acting decently again I won't hold this against him forever. Fuck, even castor has grown on me.

He made it worse with PMs he sent inside his alliance, but now they are also fully aware of what happened here. They are fully aware of what Mentor did - now it's their choice, either they will stick with him and believe him or they will leave him. Posting here won't change much, since we all know what happened and how it happened already.

They are fully aware of it due to the mob mentality you're lashing out against here.

I may be alone with that opinion, but I still say let him be and let's see if he learned his lesson. Because if he did and from now on he will change, then we will gain a really strong user. If not, I will be first to admit I was wrong. But I would rather be wrong about him, then just judge him and continue to hate him for his mistakes, without even giving him a chance to fix it somehow in the future.

I agree. Most people did exactly this until he started lying again. So far he hasn't shown that he can keep his shit together for even a day.

• Upvote 1

Dear members of the LOD alliance please take the time to read this comment as it is directly aimed at you guys.

I feel as though i am speaking for a lot of the community outside of you guys when i say this. We do not hate every single member of the LOD alliance nor has Mentors actions caused any ill will towards any of you guys. As far as i am concerned if you guys mailed me i wouldn't ignore it nor would i belittle you for messaging me. What Mentor has said to you guys is total and utter horseshit.

Steel Penn got caught cheating a long time ago and also told his members the same thing; its Steel Penn vs the world. This quite frankly isn't the case, i am notorious for not getting along with Steel Penn yet whenever guys from Steel Penn message me i always found the time to message them back. The only time i outright stopped fighting for anyone in Evil Empire/Steel Penn was after Steel Penn telling me that no one in Steel Penn would ever sign for any org i own, which i found out to be horseshit later on.

Steel Penn just like Mentor is like an anchor right now trying to drag you guys down with him. Even if you guys were to remain part of the LOD alliance we still wouldn't hold any ill will towards you guys because you guys have not given us a reason to not like you. Mentor on the other hand is a different case it appears he is apologizing with one hand and flipping the bird once our backs are turned. He is trying to make it out like he hasn't cheated and still holding onto the fact he is part of the dev team. The thing i find weird is if he was given permission or asked to test something then why the hell would he have to mail Mike to tell him he created them? Wouldn't Mike already know because he asked him it just doesn't add up for me.

Anyway i'll leave it at that and just repeat what i said i hold no ill will to any of the LOD members and i doubt any of the community do because of the actions of your alliance owner.

As a member of LOD I can appreciate this message. The problem with this entire topic is that it seems to interest a very specific group of players, at least in its current forum based iteration. To me as a new player, it looks like a small handful of old vets are now trying to figure out how to police "their own game" that they're extremely attached to.

As a new player I have to go with what Mike says is just. He said that he investigated the case for days and all the evidence is on the table. So how can anybody say that additional punishment is needed? If it should indeed be needed, shouldn't it again be Mike who hands it out?

Why can those concerned not go through this case with Mike directly instead of opting to smear the entire ugly thing over the forums, my game inbox and my alliance chat? Are you trying to fix a problem or are you trying to drive new players like me away from the game?

Because I can tell you, to a new player like me, it currently feels a lot like the latter. I am a grown up man with children and I am looking for a fun time to relax. Not - yet again - another game that's dominated by a vocal minority that is only looking and screaming for blood.

The only thing that really, really bothers me personally is the phishing mail accusation. The phishing mail incidence, if true, carries implications that go far beyond what could be considered cheating in a computer game. And I am very surprised that this single element has not been targeted and/or discussed by Mike.

All the other accusations and everything that Mentor has been standing trial for here, has not impacted me as a player at all. I do not wish to take sides here; I have no interest in joining what looks like a forum troll lynch mob, nor do I wish to defend somebody I barely know and have no further insight in.

This being said, the only facts that I can list as a new member of LOD is that Mentor has been extremely helpful in supplying new players with hints, tips, guides and getting people started. Not once have I personally received a request by him that could have been considered shady, in the slightest.

Those are the only facts that are actually tangible to me.

LOD is an alliance. We are more people than just the man who created it. I have personally helped newer people in there and have created ties within the alliance that have absolutely nothing to do with Mentor. By sabotaging the entire construct now, instead of being constructive, those of you who call yourselves the defenders of the integrity of this game, are hurting a lot of new and inexperienced managers.

Instead of taking the high road (i.e. discussing everything else with Mike) you are sinking to the very level you are claiming to attack and you yourself are hurting the game or at least individual players more than you can imagine.

I would very much appreciate it, if those of you who are opposed to Mentor could at least keep my inbox and our alliance chats clean. You are not helping, you are a part of the problem. Don't suck me in to your little private war, trying to force me to choose sides. That's what bullies do. Nobody likes bullies.

In the end, the entire topic has only done one thing for me. It took a lot of fun away from the game and it heavily tarnished the image I had of this game and its community as a whole. I can't even believe that all of these forum posts about the same topic are still open. They should have been locked days ago.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

As a member of LOD I can appreciate this message. The problem with this entire topic is that it seems to interest a very specific group of players, at least in its current forum based iteration. To me as a new player, it looks like a small handful of old vets are now trying to figure out how to police "their own game" that they're extremely attached to.

As a new player I have to go with what Mike says is just. He said that he investigated the case for days and all the evidence is on the table. So how can anybody say that additional punishment is needed? If it should indeed be needed, shouldn't it again be Mike who hands it out?

Why can those concerned not go through this case with Mike directly instead of opting to smear the entire ugly thing over the forums, my game inbox and my alliance chat? Are you trying to fix a problem or are you trying to drive new players like me away from the game?

Because I can tell you, to a new player like me, it currently feels a lot like the latter. I am a grown up man with children and I am looking for a fun time to relax. Not - yet again - another game that's dominated by a vocal minority that is only looking and screaming for blood.

The only thing that really, really bothers me personally is the phishing mail accusation. The phishing mail incidence, if true, carries implications that go far beyond what could be considered cheating in a computer game. And I am very surprised that this single element has not been targeted and/or discussed by Mike.

All the other accusations and everything that Mentor has been standing trial for here, has not impacted me as a player at all. I do not wish to take sides here; I have no interest in joining what looks like a forum troll lynch mob, nor do I wish to defend somebody I barely know and have no further insight in.

This being said, the only facts that I can list as a new member of LOD is that Mentor has been extremely helpful in supplying new players with hints, tips, guides and getting people started. Not once have I personally received a request by him that could have been considered shady, in the slightest.

Those are the only facts that are actually tangible to me.

LOD is an alliance. We are more people than just the man who created it. I have personally helped newer people in there and have created ties within the alliance that have absolutely nothing to do with Mentor. By sabotaging the entire construct now, instead of being constructive, those of you who call yourselves the defenders of the integrity of this game, are hurting a lot of new and inexperienced managers.

Instead of taking the high road (i.e. discussing everything else with Mike) you are sinking to the very level you are claiming to attack and you yourself are hurting the game or at least individual players more than you can imagine.

I would very much appreciate it, if those of you who are opposed to Mentor could at least keep my inbox and our alliance chats clean. You are not helping, you are a part of the problem. Don't suck me in to your little private war, trying to force me to choose sides. That's what bullies do. Nobody likes bullies.

In the end, the entire topic has only done one thing for me. It took a lot of fun away from the game and it heavily tarnished the image I had of this game and its community as a whole. I can't even believe that all of these forum posts about the same topic are still open. They should have been locked days ago.

You obviously havent read all the posts in this thread or you would see that no1 here has anything against the LOD in general that was mentor that said we did not us not one time. If you take the time to read the posts its stated a number of times that no1 hates or has anything against any member of the alliance that its one and only one person in the alliance that everyone has the problem with.As for scaring new users from the game if anything were trying to better the game so the new users can compete without people having unfair advantages.......Anyways ive sad what i had to say i hope you can enjoy the game if you ever need anything feel free to to pm me in game cheers

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You obviously havent read all the posts in this thread or you would see that no1 here has anything against the LOD in general that was mentor that said we did not us not one time. If you take the time to read the posts its stated a number of times that no1 hates or has anything against any member of the alliance that its one and only one person in the alliance that everyone has the problem with.As for scaring new users from the game if anything were trying to better the game so the new users can compete without people having unfair advantages.......Anyways ive sad what i had to say i hope you can enjoy the game if you ever need anything feel free to to pm me in game cheers

I have read every single post here, but you have clearly not read and/or understood my post.

• Upvote 2

I have read every single post here, but you have clearly not read and/or understood my post.

looks to me like your saying everyone is out to get the whole alliance does it not

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

looks to me like your saying everyone is out to get the whole alliance does it not

Do me a favour, and read the post again. Try to understand what the words actually mean. I am saying, please don't send mails to everyone who is not Mentor trying to force them to choose sides. I am further saying, please run this entire case through Mike, instead of the forums. And I am finally saying, please lock this thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do me a favour, and read the post again. Try to understand what the words actually mean. I am saying, please don't send mails to everyone who is not Mentor trying to force them to choose sides. I am further saying, please run this entire case through Mike, instead of the forums. And I am finally saying, please lock this thread.

i did read it and theres no other way to take what i quoted out of your message im not sure whos mailing you to take sides but i can assure you its not me peace my confused friend

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you're not taking sides then you should not have a problem with the thread staying open. As for turning new players away maybe its a good sign that cheaters, regardless of how important they think they are, get dealt with. That would reassure me.

As for closing the thread. It's a bit too late. Should have asked earlier, but then again, it was going Mentors way at one point. Not so much now.

• Upvote 1

You read where I said that I am not choosing either side, yes?

No, I read like 5 lines and realized that youre a total buffoon. You are Mentors puppet, I know for a fact that he told you to write all that, I have been told by another LOD member that hes been trying to get people to defend him in the forums.

• Upvote 4

If you're not taking sides then you should not have a problem with the thread staying open. As for turning new players away maybe its a good sign that cheaters, regardless of how important they think they are, get dealt with. That would reassure me.

As for closing the thread. It's a bit too late. Should have asked earlier, but then again, it was going Mentors way at one point. Not so much now.

Mentor received his punishment. Do you disagree with the punishment? If yes, why don't you take it up with Mike? If not, what further purpose do the threads serve?

• Downvote 1

I think this thread as served a great purpose in exposing Mentors apology for what it is. A bag if shit.

Maybe go to Mentor and ask him to not create a tread like this in future. After all, it's all about keeping it out of the public domain isn't it. I take you were ok with the tread to begin with? But now its another epic fail it's not too good.

As for pm'ing LOD members, that's not good. That's the type of shit scumbags like Mentor do.

Don't want to read a thread? Don't click on the damn thing. Top Tip. You can have that for free.

• Upvote 4

Please kindly tell me what the heck does this even mean: "Their own game". He broke the rules - serious ones at that - and then lied about it. After he was caught, he mocked the people who dared bring it up in the forums, "apologized" publicly (was forgiven by quite a few people who had previously taken him to task) and then sent out a mass alliance pm making himself appear to be the victim.

He's being ostracized for perfectly good reasons -- stop crying about it.

• Upvote 6

I think this thread as served a great purpose in exposing Mentors apology for what it is. A bag if shit.

Maybe go to Mentor and ask him to not create a tread like this in future. After all, it's all about keeping it out of the public domain isn't it. I take you were ok with the tread to begin with? But now its another epic fail it's not too good.

As for pm'ing LOD members, that's not good. That's the type of shit scumbags like Mentor do.

Don't want to read a thread? Don't click on the damn thing. Top Tip. You can have that for free.

I am fine with the thread either way. Like I said, I am not taking sides, and nobody can bully me into doing it. Read what I wrote again, I want 3 things, for the stability of the game and the community I am a part of:

- the phishing mails to be investigated and cleared up

-proper punishment discussed with Mike (why do you need smear campaigns? I am genuinely asking)

-people stop trying to pull the rest of LOD into something that have nothing to do with the entire thing

doesn't sound ultra unreasonable to me. Everything else is just unnecessary noise to feed the trolls.

The man has no pride, if it were me getting caught for all this, I would disappear somewhere. Lay low. But, that would never happen since I dont cheat.

Any publicity is good publicity to some, kinda reminds me of good old SP in that regard.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Whoever is trying to make you take sides just ignore. As for pm'ing people direct to take sides I'd guess they got that idea from Mentor.

As for the punishment. Most people agree it was a good call. What this thread is about now is Mentor apologising. Some people falling for it and then for it to be leaked that he is full of it still.

We're just seeing Mentor continue to bring drama to what he does. The guy doesn't know when to stop. But hey, let's blame everyone else.

-proper punishment discussed with Mike (why do you need smear campaigns? I am genuinely asking)

-people stop trying to pull the rest of LOD into something that have nothing to do with the entire thing

I wouldn't be surprised if Mike was already looking into the phishing mail behind the scenes. That is a pretty serious scam he ran there, so I would think it deserves a look into as well.

As for the second point, I see it less as a smear campaign and more or less the community annoyed with how fake Mentor actually is. Nobody (that I know of) is attacking LOD or new members in this thread. What happens in PM's I can't account for as I haven't sent any. I for one agree with Dinooo in that I don't hold it against or have anything against any LOD member outside of Mentor.

On the third point, I also agree that LOD should be left out of it. They've already been informed of what really happened and now they can choose if they'd like or stay neutral.

I am fine with the thread either way. Like I said, I am not taking sides, and nobody can bully me into doing it. Read what I wrote again, I want 3 things, for the stability of the game and the community I am a part of:

doesn't sound ultra unreasonable to me. Everything else is just unnecessary noise to feed the trolls.

I agree.

The emails are a completely different ballgame alltogether.

Mike already doled out punishment. The "smear campaign" is a part of how the game regulates itself. When almost everything in here is user run, an organization is built entirely on the bond of trust between owner and fighter manager. A lot of people (myself included) don't want to associate ourselves with a known cheater who also seems to scam people professionally. People contacted LoD members to inform them of Mentor's wrongdoings in case they didn't see this, so that they could make up their own minds.