What's the point?

I'm too livid to post my fights. But if anyone wants to. Go look at my guy jimmy braves. He is built to avoid strikes near max agility and speed, Strike defense, mt and kicks and punches. His opponents miss about 20 percent of their strikes since he won his first few by counter KO I'm usually set for 60 acc and counter. Can someone please help me justify why he never avoids strikes? I know people see he's a counter fighter and go high acc but should that really be enough to completely nullify him? His last opponent was 16 and 16. The guy landed near every strike and I couldn't touch him.

I'm too livid to post my fights. But if anyone wants to. Go look at my guy jimmy braves. He is built to avoid strikes near max agility and speed, Strike defense, mt and kicks and punches. His opponents miss about 20 percent of their strikes since he won his first few by counter KO I'm usually set for 60 acc and counter. Can someone please help me justify why he never avoids strikes? I know people see he's a counter fighter and go high acc but should that really be enough to completely nullify him? His last opponent was 16 and 16. The guy landed near every strike and I couldn't touch him.

If you're talking about his last fight, your opponent really only landed 44% o.O

I gotta look over it again. I'm too busy throwing shit atm. Reading the fight. It felt like he barely missed and I missed everything. That last round he landed like 8 in a row. The last 3 fights have gone this way. Outside ofnmy fury at the situation. Is high strike defense worth building or can you sit at exceptional and be fine? You will have to excuse my emotional state. He is one of my first and best fighters and seeing him lose 4 in a row to high accuracy is just too much. Sacking him today by I need to study what went wrong first.

Edit: basically. I promised myself if he lost again I'd sack him. One of my first and favorite fighters. Great build. Fast learner. Great chin and knock out power. Thought he would be a k1 champ. Then after a few counter wins he turned into a punching bag. I really thought speed and strike defense would be an important part of avoiding that. But yeah. Losing this fighter definitely has me very emotional. Some of us take this game too seriously for sure. Haha.

Dont sack him then Chronic, fight the urge to sack (ive been wanting to sack a few mofo's but i keep holding on) It sounds like you made him the right way to avoid strikes, thats one of the things im trying to learn about this game... does confidence have anything to do with it?

Nah you can see after his loss he has more than half morale still, So I don't think confidence is the issue. I think he needs to change his gameplan. His striking defense is good, he's going up against very good strikers and as I said, I did the math and the last 2 fights they only landed 44-45%, mostly from punches (You should work on his boxing primary).

Also, you're fighting at HW and SHW. No matter how fast you are and how good your striking defense is, you also have to consider that you're still a big target.

Put all that together and your opponents 44-45% accuracy is pretty realistic IMO.

• Upvote 1

Here's the main thing - there's no one slider setting that works every time. Countering can be effective. It can also be picked apart and destroyed. Here's my tip - scout your opponents and their manager more. Set your sliders based on a combination of how your fighter works and what you feel your opponent will do.

I gotta look over it again. I'm too busy throwing shit atm. Reading the fight. It felt like he barely missed and I missed everything. That last round he landed like 8 in a row. The last 3 fights have gone this way. Outside ofnmy fury at the situation. Is high strike defense worth building or can you sit at exceptional and be fine? You will have to excuse my emotional state. He is one of my first and best fighters and seeing him lose 4 in a row to high accuracy is just too much. Sacking him today by I need to study what went wrong first.

Edit: basically. I promised myself if he lost again I'd sack him. One of my first and favorite fighters. Great build. Fast learner. Great chin and knock out power. Thought he would be a k1 champ. Then after a few counter wins he turned into a punching bag. I really thought speed and strike defense would be an important part of avoiding that. But yeah. Losing this fighter definitely has me very emotional. Some of us take this game too seriously for sure. Haha.

A few things...

#1 Primes > Seconds/Physicals

#2 Your boxing is very low, he landed his punches due to punches being mostly relied on by boxing

#3 You were in a match up where you would struggle to win, your guy is drastically under skilled for a 25 year old.

#4 Elite SD means nothing when most of the guys you are fighting will have elite punches/kicks.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If you counter in every fight: this becomes obvious and people will use different tactics to best you. Try to change your tactics. Be aggressive in some fights. Also like someone above said: your fighter is underskilled so keep that in mind and try to get him into an id restricted org or at least an org that takes skill levels into account.

• Upvote 1

As people have been saying so far using the same sliders over and over again is just begging to get your shit pushed in. Agg/acc is the natural predator of counter/acc. Suck it up and stop being a baby about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"#1 Primes > Seconds/Physicals"

I made many thoughts it isn't like that seeing many boxers still knocking out or better belts being tapped out by much lower skilled in primaries BJJ. But of course in game are lot of hiddens that makes game more unpredictable...It's realistic still but hard to understand when we don't see how our fighters are doing on sparrings, fights, how they move, how they react for eating punches on sparrings. At first look You should see if he's inteligent or not...not after couple fights or IQ test only :P

About main question. If you don't win a decision on countering maybe it's time to be more agressive? Maybe it suits better for Your guy than countering. You can do 100% SHIG at see what he will do ;-) If You have so much KO power, granite chin and such an elite striking why to counter and not dictating a pace more?

Sorry for english once more but I hope it's understandable :-) I don't want to argue, only my suggestions :-)

• Upvote 2

No offense, but I don't even understand this thread.

Your opponent had a 33cm reach advantage against you in a KT fight, much better boxing, and only landed 44% of his strikes.

Take out the final round when you were both wobbling around exhausted and he only he only landed 38% of his strikes in the whole bout, but it was a "this game sucks so bad im throwing shit around my house" thread?

With that reach and skill advantage im surprised your opponent didnt land much more not less.

This is the type of stuff that would make me stop if I were Mike. Doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 4

A few things...

#1 Primes > Seconds/Physicals

#2 Your boxing is very low, he landed his punches due to punches being mostly relied on by boxing

#3 You were in a match up where you would struggle to win, your guy is drastically under skilled for a 25 year old.

#4 Elite SD means nothing when most of the guys you are fighting will have elite punches/kicks.

No offense, but I don't even understand this thread.

Your opponent had a 33cm reach advantage against you in a KT fight, much better boxing, and only landed 44% of his strikes.

Take out the final round when you were both wobbling around exhausted and he only he only landed 38% of his strikes in the whole bout, but it was a "this game sucks so bad im throwing shit around my house" thread?

With that reach and skill advantage im surprised your opponent didnt land much more not less.

This is the type of stuff that would make me stop if I were Mike. Doesn't make sense.

End of thread. Please move along. :)

• Upvote 1

"#1 Primes > Seconds/Physicals"

I made many thoughts it isn't like that seeing many boxers still knocking out or better belts being tapped out by much lower skilled in primaries BJJ. But of course in game are lot of hiddens that makes game more unpredictable...It's realistic still but hard to understand when we don't see how our fighters are doing on sparrings, fights, how they move, how they react for eating punches on sparrings. At first look You should see if he's inteligent or not...not after couple fights or IQ test only :P

Oh yeah Hiddens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Primes>>>>Seconds/Physicals imo.

confidence is a huge factor in whether or not ur guy just folds like a fukn lawn chair and turns into a punching bag, ko power and chin factor in as well, aaaaand let's not forget maybe the most underrated hidden of all...intelligence.

i agree with LT, this thread never shoulda been made. BUT...maybe ur fighter is a fukn idiot? and before u go on about 100% follow orders, go read what exactly that means, not what u've been led to believe it means.

not a back breaking fight, nothing out of the ordinary...i mean, if it was that easy, what would happen when every fighter on the planet hit elite strike d? lol

• Upvote 1

For everyone saying the thread is pointless. I learned some things thanks to a few good answers. A conversation about mechanics was at least acknowledged and no one got into a fight. I'd say this thread went fairly well. And anyone who isn't a total noob knows that I run out of weed at least once a month and RAGE over a loss publicly lol. About everyone having elite SD. That will happen when he's older but right now he's undeniably a fast learner and I focused entirely on defenses in hopes of creating an Anderson Silva type counter beast. There's no reason to assume he wouldn't have an advantage in that department against guys who aren't capped out.

But obviously. My assumption is wrong. My other k1 fighter is dominating with stats that are no when near braves. They are both around the same id. I think pbr had the best theory.My fighter cuts very easily which is why he tries to stay at a safe range.

Edit. My other theory is he is just too battle scarred and his injuries are catching up.