Custom Trophies

Timmy

Custom Trophies.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like custom trophies added to the game?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • It depends. (Please reply to thread and say why.)
    • Don't know/care.

1.You create a single-use trophy for your event, an alliance tourney for example. Maybe also "fighter of the year" at you org or something.

2. You submit it as a custom trophy to admin, exactly as you submit a custom avatar, where it is checked (and refused if unacceptable).

3. If accepted, you pay 15 days VIP or use a custom avatar credit. Avatar credits become general "custom credits" which can be used for either avatars or trophies. New credits can be bought for 15 VIP and any old avatar credits you have, or get from spin and win later, can be used too.

4. You supply the name and ID of the manager or fighter to whom you intend it to go and the trophy is awarded.

This is the basic idea. It's nothing new, but I've spoken to Mike about it and in principle he's ready to do it if people want it. Mike thought it a good idea to get some opinions from the forum users. You may have some extra ideas, improvements, or concerns about the whole idea. Now is your chance to say what you think, so please go ahead!

Note:

15 days VIP is a hypothetical price that I chose (but it seems logical as avatars cost 15 to submit).

Edit:

There is hover text for trophies too, so there'd probably need to be a box to write a line or two of text that you want to display.

• Upvote 6

getting a big plus 1 from me too. I love the idea, so many tournaments go down and the awards are not visable unless the orgs title was on the line. The award would have to have an option to go to multiple fighters if applieable. Like ITFL Season X winner would need to go to the entire team.

Maybe something could be done so it would be 15 VIP days for the first one, with 5/10 VIP days for subsequent tournaments that use the same Trophy Avatar for it.

It seems to me that the precedent has been set by the avatars and 15 VIP seems natural to base the idea around. Until Mike comes along and says what the cost will actually be, all prices are hypothetical.

I'm a bit worried about making it too cheap personally. I really want the trophies to mean something. I want it to be quite an investment to make one, and quite an honour to recieve one. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I mentioned to Mike a possible discount if a tourny organiser buys three (gold, silver, bronze). I think he is still considering exactly how the costs and discounts should work. Your idea (discount for repeat use) falls into that catagory and I think those are the kind of ideas he wants to hear about.

• Upvote 1

I think it is a great idea, and the fact that it needs to be approved would eliminate the risk of abuse, which has been the criticism of org trophies in the past. Phenomenal idea that I am behind 864%.

With the current vote at 11-0, I think this is a no-brainer.

It seems to me that the precedent has been set by the avatars and 15 VIP seems natural to base the idea around. Until Mike comes along and says what the cost will actually be, all prices are hypothetical.

I'm a bit worried about making it too cheap personally. I really want the trophies to mean something. I want it to be quite an investment to make one, and quite an honour to recieve one. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I mentioned to Mike a possible discount if a tourny organiser buys three (gold, silver, bronze). I think he is still considering exactly how the costs and discounts should work. Your idea (discount for repeat use) falls into that catagory and I think those are the kind of ideas he wants to hear about.

I suggested 30days VIP and he said that's too much in another thread, so likely would be around 15vip.

As for the idea i love it and Mike said he was for it in another thread.

I suggested 30days VIP and he said that's too much in another thread, so likely would be around 15vip.

As for the idea i love it and Mike said he was for it in another thread.

You don't want the price to be too cheap where they are nearly worthless since people will just hand them out like it is Halloween

Around 15-20 days VIP is what I expect it to be..

i think 15-20 days is awfully cheap.

As far as this game goes i have always felt that the trophies were a way of "completing" the game. It is a shame i can't go back to try get the rookie and intermediate ones. Since Lance showed me the trophy rankings i made it my goal to get as many as possible. If you check the trophy count i am sitting at 71 now with another 3 or 4 which are possible for me to get (7 if i leave convicted and start my own alliance).

I'd say the trophies should be a rare thing and not something to be handed out at a cheap cost. I'd say 90 days vip or 160 days vip something like that per trophy. If Mike lowers it and anyone can get handed them it pretty much takes away the last goal of the game for me in that aspect as they are fuck all else left to do for me than gun for those trophies.

i think 15-20 days is awfully cheap.

As far as this game goes i have always felt that the trophies were a way of "completing" the game. It is a shame i can't go back to try get the rookie and intermediate ones. Since Lance showed me the trophy rankings i made it my goal to get as many as possible. If you check the trophy count i am sitting at 71 now with another 3 or 4 which are possible for me to get (7 if i leave convicted and start my own alliance).

I'd say the trophies should be a rare thing and not something to be handed out at a cheap cost. I'd say 90 days vip or 160 days vip something like that per trophy. If Mike lowers it and anyone can get handed them it pretty much takes away the last goal of the game for me in that aspect as they are fuck all else left to do for me than gun for those trophies.

Mike could make custom trophies appear in a new line under, and seperate from, official ones. He could also make them not count towards the official trophy table.

If this is added, I think it'd be good to ensure that there's a cap of how many custom trophies an org can give out. If orgs are giving out loads of custom trophies, I can imagine seeing the profile page of fighters in the p4p list being polluted with trophies and the trophies taking up more room than they should.

I don't think we need to worry about abuse. These are going to be the same as custom avatars, meaning that Mike needs to approve them. I highly doubt that Mike will approve someone giving out trophies like candy. This is the great thing about the trophies being custom: Far, far less chance for abuse, either by someone handing out too many or someone handing out inappropriate or stupid trophies.

• 4 weeks later...