Growth of Mmatycoon

CQ13

I started looking at the user numbers about a week ago and it's been slowly increasing every day actually. Knock on wood.

I think the number has always gone up really. Slowly but surely. It's the multi/inactive acco sweep that Mike does every now and then that makes the numbers go down I'd guess.

When i joined it was about 6k users, 3 years later its about 5k users its basically a slow decline. They are more vets leaving than new blood coming in.

I think the game had over 10k managers at the time before the big multi gate. Looked good but obviously the number wasnt true. =)

I think theirs more WE could do as a community to keep that guys that sign up and register. Like every day at least 20 people sign up (more on a weekend) and they come in, see this game, create a couple fighters and then probs get bored or overwhelmed by how much depth their is so they just give up. What I'm trying to get at is I think their needs to be more support for the fresh new players.

Yes - we're already pretty good and Mike sends those starter PM's over the first few days to give them hotlinks to mentor pages and forums etc. but lets be honest, some people feel like they're being an inconvenience asking for help so I think their needs to be more of an effort to go to them if we want to keep them here.

That's just my two cents and how we/Mike goes about it is a bigger debate but I think that's something that should be looked into

It would be great if that happened, so if there's something I can do to help you guys with that process, let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlXU4uK5rA

I think it's more getting people to help you out. Maybe getting together a group of volunteers who PM members shortly after they join to welcome them to the game and/or just be their to answer the basic questions. Ideally that would settle the newbie in and then you could put them through to the mentor scheme.

It's not gunna help every time and some people (such as myself - but I guess I was lucky with the people I ended up "meeting") don't even need it but it could help some and keep them engaged with the game.

• Upvote 1

When I joined in 09 there where around 11k members. We have been losing steam for a while now.

It's all about the marketing.

I've never had any positive results from paid advertising; basically everyone's come from organic searches, forums, listing sites and friend referrals. In the early days we got good results of google adwords but after a couple of years I was paying hundreds of dollars a month and was getting about 1 VIP signup a month from it.