Jones-Gustafsson 2 Postponed; DC Gets Title Shot

AK47

Anyone who thinks DC is gonna ragdoll Jones.. meh.

He's beat a Starbucks barrista, and a near-retirement-no TRT-well and truly past his prime Dan Henderson in this division.

& people think he's going to bully Jones?

I think people just love to hate others that are the best haha. I do however, hope it's a competitive fight. I'm not rooting for either guy really, i'm a neutral.

But honestly, Jones always shows up and does what needs to be done. I don't see it being any different here. How old even is Cormier? 35? 36? & he's cutting how much weight? That will all take it's toll come fight night in a FIVE round fight.

I'm excited for Cruz to return against Mizugaki too tbh, that's if he isn't injured by then lol.

This is exactly how I feel too. JBJ had potential (skills, fighting style, dominance) to be the biggest star in MMA by a long shot if he just had the personality. When he ragdolled The American Psycho and landed that spinning elbow we have all seen I was sold! Unfortunately his prickness came obvious soon after the fame. Now he reminds me more of Tito Ortiz than anything lol. I think a lot of people want to see him lose just becouse.

Agreed.

Although I want Cormier to win, more than I want Jones to lose. (damn close though,,lol)

Then Jones can try heavyweight, and get his arse handed to him on a regular basis. :)

He's beat a Starbucks barrista, and a near-retirement-no TRT-well and truly past his prime Dan Henderson in this division.

I think people just love to hate others that are the best haha. I do however, hope it's a competitive fight. I'm not rooting for either guy really, i'm a neutral.

But honestly, Jones always shows up and does what needs to be done. I don't see it being any different here. How old even is Cormier? 35? 36? & he's cutting how much weight? That will all take it's toll come fight night in a FIVE round fight.

I'm excited for Cruz to return against Mizugaki too tbh, that's if he isn't injured by then lol.

It isn't like his two LHW fights are the only fights he has ever had. You can't discount what he did in the heavyweight division. He beat some of the best in the world at heavyweight and has looked dominant, albeit against easier opponents at LHW. There is no question that he is deserving of a title shot.

• Upvote 1

What about when he did the same to Josh Barnett a big heavyweight known for his wrestling?

• Upvote 1

It isn't like his two LHW fights are the only fights he has ever had. You can't discount what he did in the heavyweight division. He beat some of the best in the world at heavyweight and has looked dominant, albeit against easier opponents at LHW. There is no question that he is deserving of a title shot.

Before Gus got hurt everyone was saying his HW resume was not a reason to to give him a title shot and basically talking about him like he was pure dirt. I'm sure you remember that. This injury to Gustafsson really came at a bad time,Cormier can be a problem but if JBJ goes out and does him like he did Teixiera everyone will continue to bash him until his fight with Gus reappears

And back at that point, I was one of the few on here saying Cormier was more deserving than Gus. Gus had his shot and he lost. He needs a solid 3-4 fight win streak to earn another shot. I detest rematches, but the UFC seems to be making more of them simply because they sell to casual fans who only know the most famous fighters.

Barao and Gus need to beat all of the other top contenders before they deserve another shot.

I think people just love to hate others that are the best haha.

Nah. This is a common misconception among Jon Jones fans. Why? Becouse they deny to the end of times the fact that Jon is a natural born dickwad. Sure he's a master at what he does, but still...

Break a leg DC!! :yes:

• Upvote 2

Nah. This is a common misconception among Jon Jones fans. Why? Becouse they deny to the end of times the fact that Jon is a natural born dickwad. Sure he's a master at what he does, but still...

Break a leg DC!! :yes:

I've met Jon Jones a few times and he seemed like a really nice and friendly guy. To be fair, it was all before he became champ. At an event in Niagara Falls, he talked to my buddy and I for about ten minutes in the lobby when I am sure there were other things he would rather have been doing.

I think he is a really confident guy who is not into trash talking and would love to be a respectful GSP-style personality. However, when he took that approach, everyone called him phony. He tried to pretend that it didn't bother him and he didn't care what fans thought, but that wasn't authentic and he came off like a dick.

Now, people have simply made up their minds about him. It doesn't matter what he says or does any more, people are going to twist it into something negative because they have already made permanent opinions about him.

This is one of those fights that I'm neutral on, it has got to the point where the hate for Jones has kinda taken over the appreciation of his skill, not many people give him credit when he wins...its more like they talk about how the other person lost and how they could of beat him if they had just done [insert random stuff].

I'm looking forward to it anyway, DC is legit and it will be a big test for Jones.

I didn't question that DC deserves the shot. Heck, i'm happy he's got the shot.

All i'm saying is, I won't be surprised if Jones go out there and dominates again. It took the Gustafsson fight for him to realise he isn't "unbeatable". He took Gus lightly the first time and it nearly cost him.

I say, Jones beats both DC and Gus with ease in the next two fights.

& for the record. I'm not a "Jones fan". I like DC, and I like Gus, equally as much as I like Jones. I just don't see either of them beating him.

But hey, it's fighting. Anything can happen haha. :showoff:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9eAzxCRRuj4/UXvdBY7d2XI/AAAAAAAAAEE/EI9PbdQOH1A/s320/JON+JONES+KICK+TO+VITOR+KNEE+GIF.gif

on an already unhealthy knee. Constantly, for five rounds. No chance.

IF and only IF they keep standing. I have a feeling that DC can take Jones down.

Everyone seems to be so taken with DC lately because he recently dominated Hendo. He may have been ragdolling Hendo but that does not mean he can do the same to Jones. I am interested to see how this fight plays out. I really hope DC can take this title but I feel like Jones has enough to keep everything intact for another defense.

My prediction is Jones by UD as sad as it is to say... although I really want DC to win!