JLP

So, I guess Ray Rice is hitting the field for Denver now or will be as soon as the contract is finalized.

I think the Cowboys will get in the playoffs but a win over the Bears means nothing right now. My bears have a train wreck of a team this year, a win over them is about as prestigious as a win over the Raiders.

My prediction for the Bears................they will draft a RB in the 1st round. Forte just isn't what he used to be and while they need help just about everywhere other than WR, they will think offense first.

Might not be a bad idea, after that take a defensive player with the rest of there picks.For gods sake sign a decent FA QB to either pressure Cutler to do a better job or to take his spot if he continues to do his same trashy routine Next year. His numbers not bad but in key situations he is possibly the worst there is.

My prediction for the Bears................they will draft a RB in the 1st round. Forte just isn't what he used to be and while they need help just about everywhere other than WR, they will think offense first.

RB's rarely go in the first round in modern NFL. Forte is still one of the best backs in the league and the best player on the Bears by a large margin, his problems are the horrible playcalling and a banged up finesse offensive line.

Bears will take a LB or an OL. Maybe a DB if there is a good value there.

Forte is still one of the best backs in the league and the best player on the Bears by a large margin,

Nope. Forte hasn't been the best player on the team in two years, let alone a top RB. He is a fringe top 10 RB.

Nope. Forte hasn't been the best player on the team in two years, let alone a top RB. He is a fringe top 10 RB.

He is third in the NFL in yards from scrimmage this year. http://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=Y

9th among active players with everyone above him except Peterson at least 2 years older. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/yds_from_scrimmage_active.htm

He's having a down year (for him) because of the Bears struggles, but the stats say you dont know what you are talking about.

Who is a better player on the Bears team? I'm curious to who a non-bears fan thinks is a better player on the team than Forte. I really don't think anyone is even close.

He is third in the NFL in yards from scrimmage this year. http://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=Y

9th among active players with everyone above him except Peterson at least 2 years older. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/yds_from_scrimmage_active.htm

He's having a down year (for him) because of the Bears struggles, but the stats say you dont know what you are talking about.

Who is a better player on the Bears team? I'm curious to who a non-bears fan thinks is a better player on the team than Forte. I really don't think anyone is even close.

Alshon and Marshall easily. Unfortunately they rarely get to show off the talent they have due to QB that hasn't been able to pull his head out of his own ass for 6 years.

Alshon and Marshall easily. Unfortunately they rarely get to show off the talent they have due to QB that hasn't been able to pull his head out of his own ass for 6 years.

Both of those guys are having far worse years than Forte. Marshall especially appears to be physically done. He has lost a step and his bad hands are becoming a bigger problem because he can no longer physically dominate opposing DBs. He's really only had 3 good games this year and has disappeared otherwise. Jeffery is good, but he doesnt have top end NFL speed and is an average route runner and often runs wrong routes. Both of those guys have had 4-5 false start penalties this year too, which is inexcusable for a wr. He's not even a top 20 WR while Forte is easily a top 5 RB.

You must not play fantasy football.

Yes because fantasy football is the be all end all when it comes to determining talent. Forte is a solid RB, but I don't believe he is top 5.

1. LeSean McCoy

2. Jamaal Charles

3. Arian Foster

4. Marshawn Lynch

5. DeMarco Murray (when healthy)

6. Alfred Morris

7. Matt Forte

8. Frank Gore

9. Eddie Lacy

10. Le'Veon Bell

Forte is a very good receiver out of the backfield (if not the best in the league), but his highest Yards Per Carry Average was in 2011 with 4.9 and that was an injury shortened season for him.

Determining talent solely based on yards per carry isn't exactly the best method when players like Forte possess the ability to run routes and catch the ball.

and leveon bell last on your list.. gross

Adrian Peterson would be on here, but you know.........life.

• 3 weeks later...

So who are we all going with in the championship game.I got Green Bay Vs New England. But I would also like to say if Houston makes the playoffs today they might be a surprise, the Ravens as well.

As a Bears fan, another Packers team in the Superbowl is disappointing... Although as a Bears fan right now, I can't wait for the White Sox season to begin. I have experienced about 20 years of Favre and Rodgers butt kicking in a row now, so I think about how much these last 20 years are a "correction" from what probably happened the previous 20 years with the Bears dominating the Packers.

I'm also tired of seeing the Patriots in the Superbowl.

I think we might see a repeat of last year's Broncos vs. Seahawks.

As a Bears fan, another Packers team in the Superbowl is disappointing... Although as a Bears fan right now, I can't wait for the White Sox season to begin. I have experienced about 20 years of Favre and Rodgers butt kicking in a row now, so I think about how much these last 20 years are a "correction" from what probably happened the previous 20 years with the Bears dominating the Packers.

I'm also tired of seeing the Patriots in the Superbowl.

I think we might see a repeat of last year's Broncos vs. Seahawks.

Peyton is just Scary in the cold weather more each year. Scary in a bad way though but I won't count him out just yet.

Da Bears are gonna need some big changes, I don't think the Trestman experiment will work out so they should start with him and end with Cutler.And for Gods sake get a Defensive Coordinator that has any sort of brain what so ever.

And for Gods sake get a Defensive Coordinator that has any sort of brain what so ever.

Amen.

If he couldn't cut it in Jacksonville... why did we hire him?? I've played Madden Football before too... does that mean I'm just as qualified as Mel Tucker? LOL. Their defense has been historically bad. Historically as in... one of the worst ever.

• Upvote 1